Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Vidal is a good player, but severely overrated. The fact that he's good at both scoring and defending overshadows his lack in important areas such as first touch, vision and decision-making, which would become even more obvious once he plays for Barcelona. I can guarantee you many of us would get frustrated with him and the way he plays. Shelling out 60 million for a player who might not even improve our team is madness. Gündogan is a better player, a much better fit for Barca and he'd cost half as much as Vidal. I feel like some people here think signing big names would give us instant success, but if it was that easy, Madrid would have won the Champions League 20 times by now.
+1

Not only would Vidal cost a lot, but he wouldn't suit us well. At least not straight away. If we're not getting Ilkay, then we should at least attempt to sign the likes of Miralem Pjanic or Borja Valero.

G

Gascav

Is miralem pjanic a CM? He looks like a CAM to me. I have not seen Valero

G

Gascav

So who do you suggest for CM position then. Gundogan has a serious recurring injury, pjanic is not a CM. who do you consider

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
So if our defense holds up against poor opposition, that's good enough for you? If a defense is as unreliable as ours and you never know whether they'll have a good day or not, it's not world class and not worthy of a team like Barca. Our squad needs a huge overhaul to stay competitive, there should be at least 5 new signings along with the players coming back from loan or being promoted.

"If our defense holds up against poor opposition" We've conceded two goals from four games with Real and Atletico. We conceded once to Villarreal, and once to Bilbao (we lost, but we only conceded once). Is that ideal? Absolutely not, Bilbao and Villarreal especially. But our defense has shown that in the biggest games, they're absolutely at the top level. I'm confident very few teams can concede one goal from three games with Atletico; Real could have lost 4-0 in one game. And don't give me that "huge overhaul" nonsense, we've already won one trophy, we've been on top of La Liga until successive poor games against Levante and Valencia, we have the better end of the Copa bracket, and we qualified first of our CL group. Signings are needed to cover for our aging players, but not nearly as drastic ones as you guys are suggesting.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
So who do you suggest for CM position then. Gundogan has a serious recurring injury, pjanic is not a CM. who do you consider

Borja Valero as a temporary solution until one of our Masia boys can step up. And Enzo Perez who can play both CDM and CM.

G

Gascav

Valero is somewhat 29 now. Looks good but aged. Wouldnt be a longterm addition

G

Gascav

He looks good on youtube, i dont know how he looks in matches

I didnt see that when i posted, but anyway looks like a good player

Would be a good addition

G

Gascav

As usual, we must have said, that xavi was going to be on top form till when he is 45

Alarcón

"If our defense holds up against poor opposition" We've conceded two goals from four games with Real and Atletico. We conceded once to Villarreal, and once to Bilbao (we lost, but we only conceded once).

Valdés has saved us many times in those games and if Khedira was any good at finishing we would have lost. Mascherano for example was horrible in that game. My point is that you can't count on our current defense. Even if they have some good games against big opposition, you need a defense to be reliable and perform well in every big game, not just the occasional one.

And don't give me that "huge overhaul" nonsense, we've already won one trophy,

So drawing twice against Atlético is already considered a success.

we've been on top of La Liga until successive poor games against Levante and Valencia, we have the better end of the Copa bracket, and we qualified first of our CL group.

With our current squad, everything else would be a colossal failure. Our best opponent in the Copa so far was Levante, our CL group wasn't particularly strong and we've lost 7 points in the last 4 games in the Liga. Again, I don't understand why this should be considered a success.

Signings are needed to cover for our aging players, but not nearly as drastic ones as you guys are suggesting.

Well, what would you suggest? I said there needed to be 5 signings, among which I'd like to have a CB, a full back and a CM for our starting line-up and the rest for depth. I don't think that's too drastic and most people here would agree with me.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Barça needs to be smart. A cb has to come, it's been too long. A striker, and if possible, a defensive fullback and a CM. Not including gk as this is probably done and just missing the announcement.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I've been saying this forever. But we should go for Carlos Martinez from Real Sociedad for our new RB. He was a big part in their run to fourth place last season. And for centerback we should go for Benatia. If his transfer doesn't fall through then we should at least look to get Dejan Lovren from Southampton, Nicolas Otamendi from Porto, Ezequiel Garay from Benfica, or Mateo Musacchio from Villarreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans