Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Vidal is TWICE the player Gundogan is. Yet people still have a strange fetish for Gundogan. Noone is going to replace Xavi.

Vidal is a badass. But the cost of getting him would be astronomical. Gundogan would probably be the cheaper option seeing as how his contract runs out at the end of the 14/15 season. However, if his back condition rumors are true. Vidal, or even Pjanic, would be the better option.

dlx3

Two wingbacks with no double pivot in midfield just doesn't work. It never really worked. With Abidal as a left-fullback the team was much more balanced. And a proper fullback would be my number one priority.

Barcilliant

Vidal is a badass. But the cost of getting him would be astronomical. Gundogan would probably be the cheaper option seeing as how his contract runs out at the end of the 14/15 season. However, if his back condition rumors are true. Vidal, or even Pjanic, would be the better option.

Astronomical but worth it. Vidal has another 4-5 good seasons in him.

He brings something different to the plate. Our midfield is weak and just gets bulldozed at times. Other times there are 500 passes back and sideways. We need a force that drives us forward-Vidal. Yaya wasn't bad either but Vidal is the best midfielder in the world today.

dlx3

He brings something different to the plate. Our midfield is weak and just gets bulldozed at times. Other times there are 500 passes back and sideways. We need a force that drives us forward-Vidal. Yaya wasn't bad either but Vidal is the best midfielder in the world today.

He would cost 55 mio. € +. He is awesome no doubt about that, but i don't see Barca spending so much money on a single transfer for the second season in a row.

I

instinct

Benatia would be my choice too. But I don't think that he would solve our problems in defence. The main problem is the lack of balance and therefore we should replace Alves with a more defensive RB. Alba should stick to his role in defence more though he is pretty useful in our attacking play. Benatia would be a great signing and for sure better than Mascherano without any changes in our style of play we would still concede many goals.

jklz

I do not really follow French football, but aren't there viable options for us from there? The club picked up a lot of good players from the Ligue 1 during Laporta's tenure at the club. Giuly, Ronaldinho, Rafa Marquez, Touré, Edmilson, Abidal. With all these talks of our lack of physicality, I'd reckon a player from there could prove to be useful.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Honestly, we don't need to sign anyone massive, our starting defense is fine. One bad game against a good side (just because a team is currently struggling doesn't mean they're bad) and you guys instantly revert back to the whole "sell our entire defense" thing. All of you know what our defenders are capable of on a good day, we've still conceded fewer goals than most of the major sides in Europe, and this instant panic is completely unnecessary. I'd look into scouting another right back for some more depth when Alves does leave (which shouldn't be at the end of this season), and a center-back for depth as well.

fcbdna

Banned
Ter Stegen
Benatia
David Silva to replace Xavi
Juan Cuadrado as Dani Alves back up
Andriy Yarmolenko as our New 9

All Set!

Alarcón

Honestly, we don't need to sign anyone massive, our starting defense is fine. One bad game against a good side (just because a team is currently struggling doesn't mean they're bad) and you guys instantly revert back to the whole "sell our entire defense" thing. All of you know what our defenders are capable of on a good day, we've still conceded fewer goals than most of the major sides in Europe, and this instant panic is completely unnecessary. I'd look into scouting another right back for some more depth when Alves does leave (which shouldn't be at the end of this season), and a center-back for depth as well.

So if our defense holds up against poor opposition, that's good enough for you? If a defense is as unreliable as ours and you never know whether they'll have a good day or not, it's not world class and not worthy of a team like Barca. Our squad needs a huge overhaul to stay competitive, there should be at least 5 new signings along with the players coming back from loan or being promoted.

G

Gascav

It is very rare to find our defence pulling off those performances we are proud of. They have been a liability saved by valdes and atrocious misses by the opponent strikers. I was proud of them very few times

SeloBarca

Vidal is not the playmaker Gundogan is. Hes more of an AM like Iniesta, which we dont need.

Vidal-Gundogan in midfield, then we can talk XD
Vidal-Torres wouldnt be wrong either

Last edited:

Alarcón

Vidal is a good player, but severely overrated. The fact that he's good at both scoring and defending overshadows his lack in important areas such as first touch, vision and decision-making, which would become even more obvious once he plays for Barcelona. I can guarantee you many of us would get frustrated with him and the way he plays. Shelling out 60 million for a player who might not even improve our team is madness. Gündogan is a better player, a much better fit for Barca and he'd cost half as much as Vidal. I feel like some people here think signing big names would give us instant success, but if it was that easy, Madrid would have won the Champions League 20 times by now.

G

Gascav

Madrid spend big buying players in positions that dont need addition, and that is where their problem is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans