Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Valdes has saved us many times in those games and if Khedira was any good at finishing we would have lost. Mascherano for example was horrible in that game.

Valdes is part of our lineup, it's his job to make saves, so him doing it shouldn't be a surprise. We also had more attempts on goal than Madrid did, so it's not like we couldn't have scored more either.

So drawing twice against Atlético is already considered a success.

A trophy is a trophy. I would have liked to blow them out each game too, but I'll take the supercup even if we only won on away goals. And Atletico are a great team, there's no side in the world should be ashamed of drawing them.

With our current squad, everything else would be a colossal failure. Our best opponent in the Copa so far was Levante, our CL group wasn't particularly strong and we've lost 7 points in the last 4 games in the Liga. Again, I don't understand why this should be considered a success.

I consider a lack of failure a success, not an ultimate success but certainly a success nonetheless (aww yeah that rhyming), especially considering how we ended last season and how Messi was injured for quite a while. Not to mention I was more addressing your point about staying competitive; we've done pretty much everything expected of us, there's not much more competitive we could be.

I said there needed to be 5 signings, among which I'd like to have a CB, a full back and a CM for our starting line-up and the rest for depth. I don't think that's too drastic and most people here would agree with me.

I think Rafinha, Deulofeu, and our upcoming players from La Masia like Denis Suarez, Dongou, Samper, Bagnack, and Grimaldo are more than enough for our future. We do need to sign a new CB, someone experienced for depth to cover until Bartra and Bagnack reach higher levels, and we should look at scouting a fullback, although I think it's too early to get rid of Dani. Also it wouldn't hurt to ask for a CM, again someone more experienced that can help cover for Xavi and cover that intermediate period while our youngsters develop. But that's not really an urgent need, or even a need at all, I think Rafinha can play games in midfield next season, maybe have Cesc or Iniesta play the more defensive role and let Rafinha go up when we rest Xavi. And I haven't given up on Roberto or Song yet, just look at Alexis, it took him until this season to truly reach a high level, I see no reason why Song would be different.

P

Patty2720

The single biggest mistake over the last 5 years - selling Yaya Touré !

F

Flavia

The single biggest mistake over the last 5 years - selling Yaya Touré !

I don't think so. He asked to go, and Barça became the best team ever without him. The biggest mistake is on going, the non signing of a cb, that is really needed.

P

Patty2720

I don't think so. He asked to go, and Barça became the best team ever without him. The biggest mistake is on going, the non signing of a cb, that is really needed.
If you could decide, what would you do? who would you sign and who would you sell?

Paganinisrvnge

It wasn't necessarily a mistake selling Yaya. We knew he was very good but Busquets suited the Barcelona game better. However, I don't think anyone knew he'd become so fantastic as he is at City. I would love to have Yaya as part of the squad getting plenty of rotation in midfield but he's too good to not be starting every match and there's no way he'd accept a lesser role. Yaya, Busquets, Fabregas would be a very interesting midfield.

F

Flavia

If you could decide, what would you do? who would you sign and who would you sell?

If I was I in charge, I'd had bought Thiago Silva when he was still at Milan.

Now, I'd sell song, jds, Afellay, Tello, send Roberto on loan. Keep Masch as sub for Busquets or if needed at cb in an emergency.

Bring Rafinha and Deulofeu back, get a striker like cardozo or klose for a larsson type of role. For the cb, I'd try to find one who could also play defensive lb... Maybe vertonghen. Or Luiz, if not too costly. Major problem would be a CM. I think I'd try Rafinha before buying a big name, unless a good deal was possible on gundogan, but only if he's clear of the back injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans