Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I wouldn't mind shelling out a lot of cash for him because he would be here for a long time. I doubt it would ever happen though.

Alarcón

I think Rafinha, Deulofeu, and our upcoming players from La Masia like Denis Suarez, Dongou, Samper, Bagnack, and Grimaldo are more than enough for our future. We do need to sign a new CB, someone experienced for depth to cover until Bartra and Bagnack reach higher levels, and we should look at scouting a fullback, although I think it's too early to get rid of Dani. Also it wouldn't hurt to ask for a CM, again someone more experienced that can help cover for Xavi and cover that intermediate period while our youngsters develop. But that's not really an urgent need, or even a need at all, I think Rafinha can play games in midfield next season, maybe have Cesc or Iniesta play the more defensive role and let Rafinha go up when we rest Xavi. And I haven't given up on Roberto or Song yet, just look at Alexis, it took him until this season to truly reach a high level, I see no reason why Song would be different.

See, that's the substantial difference between you and me, you're too optimistic about our team and our players... I also count on the cantera wish they would all become world class, I'd also prefer if Xavi were as good as he was some years ago, but come on, we're Barca, we can't wait years for a player to perform well, we can't wait for youngsters to fulfill an obvious gap within the team, youngsters who might mot even become any good... In short, we're not a team like Arsenal, we have higher aspirations which imply having the best players possible at all times.

Barca players at least have to show a certain amount of talent. Just to name some examples, I haven't seen that from either Song or Roberto - every game we play them, they cost us, and they will cost us more if we insist on playing them despite the obvious. Plus, you don't even know whether players like Bagnack or Dongou will be any good so counting on them just because they're canteranos is also naive.

jamrock

i don't know whats all the fuss about having a physical player in midfield, we have masch,busquets and song, who could all play when need in those games, i had song and busquets in my 4-4-2 diamond for the tougher and physical games, but clearly tata and tito before them don't want to use the players we have at our disposal to fulfill that function when needs be, like when we had keita and a particular coach.

the most important thing we need, is what he have not had since the illness of abidal, a defensive fullback to bring balance to the defense and midfield(busquets would have to cover less ground).

2) for the coach to use xavi less, and i mean much less, save him for the most difficult games.

3) try to bring more synergy between the front 3 and the midfield, their is little to none at the moment

4) a back up striker, i would give dongou the chance, but i know someone more experience is needed.

5) use 2 of masch,busquets,song more in midfield when needs be (see how low this is) or if he don't link that player go buy someone else. but that means one of xavi/cesc/iniesta will have to go, because if you buy a vidal he expects to start.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
See, that's the substantial difference between you and me, you're too optimistic about our team and our players... I also count on the cantera wish they would all become world class, I'd also prefer if Xavi were as good as he was some years ago, but come on, we're Barca, we can't wait years for a player to perform well, we can't wait for youngsters to fulfill an obvious gap within the team, youngsters who might mot even become any good... In short, we're not a team like Arsenal, we have higher aspirations which imply having the best players possible at all times.

Barca players at least have to show a certain amount of talent. Just to name some examples, I haven't seen that from either Song or Roberto - every game we play them, they cost us, and they will cost us more if we insist on playing them despite the obvious. Plus, you don't even know whether players like Bagnack or Dongou will be any good so counting on them just because they're canteranos is also naive.

I am more optimistic, I'll freely admit that. But we have plenty of midfield depth, it's not like we're desperately waiting for the cantaneros, I'm just listing options. Right now, we have Xavi, Cesc, Iniesta, Busquets, Roberto, and Song as options in midfield. Even if Song and Roberto don't amount to anything more than they are right now, they'll still be good enough to get 15-20 games and rest our main options. And I really doubt that they won't amount to anything, Song was brilliant as a CM at Arsenal, and Roberto is still young and has plenty of time will improve. Xavi will be good for at least two more seasons, Rafinha is doing brilliantly at Celta even against teams like Real, Messi can drop back to midfield if we really need it, and we have a lot of options in La Masia. Probably not all of them will be good, but at least one or two will, and they'll cover for the players that age. And we're not counting on Dongou or Bagnack, our front line is more than set, we have Messi, Neymar, Alexis, Pedro, Tello, Cuenca, Afellay, as well as Adama and Dongou coming up. We are thinner at CB, but four CBs should be plenty for the next few years once we buy a replacement for Puyol.

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum

Semi is a semi-Arsenal supporter. that will explain a lot if you read his posts with that in mind.

footyfan

Calma, calma
So some people think we need a centre back, full back, striker and midfielder; while others think we have the best squad in the world.

How is that even possible? How can fans of the same club have such widely differing opinions?

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
So some people think we need a centre back, full back, striker and midfielder; while others think we have the best squad in the world.

How is that even possible? How can fans of the same club have such widely differing opinions?

That's a pretty arbitrary question. It's like saying "How can citizens of the same nation have such widely differing political views" or "how can people of the same generation have such widely differing music tastes"

Opinions are always scattered across the spectrum from one end to the other, that's simply how it is and asking why digresses to a much larger subject than "fans of Barcelona"

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Because we're not robots? :lol:

G

Gascav

Look at our bench for instance. No game changing substitutions. Almost all the players there are a downgrade of our starters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans