Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

footyfan

Calma, calma
That's a pretty arbitrary question. It's like saying "How can citizens of the same nation have such widely differing political views" or "how can people of the same generation have such widely differing music tastes"

Opinions are always scattered across the spectrum from one end to the other, that's simply how it is and asking why digresses to a much larger subject than "fans of Barcelona"

No not really. The magnitude and scope of the two questions in your post is vastly bigger to the changes that a football team needs in it's starting 11. People watching the same team every week cannot possibly differ in opinions about the qualities/need to replace of 5 (~50%) of the starting 11. It's amazing. I think there is a consensus among fans of most other clubs about which exact positions their teams need to strengthen.

G

Gascav

The thing is that those saying that the team is perfectly fine are the ones who look at our squad, what they did in the past, the talent they possess then see that the team is fine
Those saying that there needs to be changes are more interested in seeing how our team matches with other teams out there right now and not based on what the players showed in the past

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
No not really. The magnitude and scope of the two questions in your post is vastly bigger to the changes that a football team needs in it's starting 11. People watching the same team every week cannot possibly differ in opinions about the qualities/need to replace of 5 (~50%) of the starting 11. It's amazing. I think there is a consensus among fans of most other clubs about which exact positions their teams need to strengthen.

Think of it this way, despite Barcelona's success we still are in a big transition period. A lot of the areas in our squad have the opportunity to evolve, and people differ on what they suggest based on what they want to see most and what they think will have the biggest impact.

Other clubs have a consensus if their team isn't in this kind of phase or if the places of needed improvement are blatantly obvious (i.e Man United).

The scope of my questions are much larger, but the principle is essentially the same. It's more normal for people to have different opinions on a matter than to not.

khaled_a_d

Valdes is part of our lineup, it's his job to make saves, so him doing it shouldn't be a surprise. We also had more attempts on goal than Madrid did, so it's not like we couldn't have scored more either.

A trophy is a trophy. I would have liked to blow them out each game too, but I'll take the supercup even if we only won on away goals. And Atletico are a great team, there's no side in the world should be ashamed of drawing them.

I consider a lack of failure a success, not an ultimate success but certainly a success nonetheless (aww yeah that rhyming), especially considering how we ended last season and how Messi was injured for quite a while. Not to mention I was more addressing your point about staying competitive; we've done pretty much everything expected of us, there's not much more competitive we could be.

I think Rafinha, Deulofeu, and our upcoming players from La Masia like Denis Suarez, Dongou, Samper, Bagnack, and Grimaldo are more than enough for our future. We do need to sign a new CB, someone experienced for depth to cover until Bartra and Bagnack reach higher levels, and we should look at scouting a fullback, although I think it's too early to get rid of Dani. Also it wouldn't hurt to ask for a CM, again someone more experienced that can help cover for Xavi and cover that intermediate period while our youngsters develop. But that's not really an urgent need, or even a need at all, I think Rafinha can play games in midfield next season, maybe have Cesc or Iniesta play the more defensive role and let Rafinha go up when we rest Xavi. And I haven't given up on Roberto or Song yet, just look at Alexis, it took him until this season to truly reach a high level, I see no reason why Song would be different.

You can't just depend on players coming from youth system,yes they help bvut you have to get new players from other clubs
Bagnack & Dongou for example aren't doing a good job with Barca B,Dongou should be loaned next year and see if it was just Eusebio ruining his career or he isn't progressing ,Bagnack is at least 2 years away from being 1st team player,that in case he is actually gonna be barca 1st team player ,also a big club like Barca can't afford to develop so many young players within the squad,you always need ready players to win

While we are lucky to have such gr8 Cantera,we shouldn't push our luck by just depending on them

G

Gascav

For real how do we even think that la masia will give us all the players we need while eusebio is the manager and he knows little about developing young players????

F

Flavia

So some people think we need a centre back, full back, striker and midfielder; while others think we have the best squad in the world.

How is that even possible? How can fans of the same club have such widely differing opinions?

I honestly think anyone who believes barça still has the best squad is naive or a bit delusional. There's a fine starting 11, but the bench lacks a lot.

fcbdna

Banned
Vidal is a good player, but severely overrated. The fact that he's good at both scoring and defending overshadows his lack in important areas such as first touch, vision and decision-making, which would become even more obvious once he plays for Barcelona. I can guarantee you many of us would get frustrated with him and the way he plays. Shelling out 60 million for a player who might not even improve our team is madness. Gündogan is a better player, a much better fit for Barca and he'd cost half as much as Vidal. I feel like some people here think signing big names would give us instant success, but if it was that easy, Madrid would have won the Champions League 20 times by now.

Absolutely agree with this post. BTW, D.Silva >>> Gündogan. :xavi:

G

Gascav

They play different positions. D. Silva is a winger/ cam and gundogan is a CM box to box type

fcbdna

Banned
They play different positions. D. Silva is a winger/ cam and gundogan is a CM box to box type

Really D.Silva winger? RFLMAO!
Do you remember his days at Valencia? What am i saying, he still doesn't play as a winger now! RFLMAO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans