Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Despite some exit rumours, Barcelona count on Aleix Vidal (26) and Arda Turan (29) for next season. Don't plan to sign right back. [l'esp]

Good, I believe in Vidal and Roberto.
But, Jonny is actually a LB :tito:

ScoobySquats

If Masche stays which seems very likely now I'd be ok with getting those two. I also don't think a player like Mustafi would come here to be backup (or used heavily in rotation) to Masche for at least another season, maybe two. If Masche continues to play on this level it will be very hard for anyone to replace him in first XI, at least in important games. Umtiti should at least push Mathieu for 3rd CB spot this season and also be used to rest Masche against easier opponents and then eventually replace him next season as starter next to Pique if Masche decides to leave next summer. If we also get Lemos I'd loan him out for a season and then return him next year as replacement for Mathieu.

Ideally i would see Umtiti come in as third choice CB and to get accustomed to our playing style and team. Jonny for a RB and LB versatility player. Umititi (20-25 Million Euro + 12 Million Euro Jonny) seem like a great pairing, would have our Left Flank covered and CB patched up. If we can get Lemos for under 12 Million Euro i would sign him and loan him out and bring him in next season when Mathieu or Mascherano leaves.

Our entire back line revitalized for around 50-60 Million is the best we can do for now. Should be enough left to get Denis Suarez back and maybe even sign a forward to rotate with Suarez. Plus we got a little bit of money from Bartra and some serious wages off the bill.

i_bleed_blaugrana

[tw][/tw][tw]740270058056896512[/tw]

Don't get this honestly.

Vidal is good and to be honest, I haven't and I think everyone for the most part hasn't seen what Vidal can do due to Alves's presence. However, without another RB we would have:

1. Vidal
2. Bob
3. Douglas?

Not good enough. Even if Vidal is lights out and plays out of his mind, he gets injured, we are fucked. Bob played great as a RB this season and his versatility is astounding but we are going to need him as a MF and that is where he will be the most productive for us. Bob as a RB should only be in emergency situations and it's stupid to count on him as a long term RB option.

So we need another RB and it would be nothing short of arrogance and stupidity if we don't replace Alves in some capacity. I want Bellerin the most but he isn't complete, still has some work to do on his defensive game.

One player who hasn't been mentioned yet who makes a lot of sense to me is Fabinho. Solid on both sides of the field, young and he is Brazilian for Neymar.

Messi983

That's why we are after Jonny Castro. He can be backup to both Alba and also Vidal/Bob if needed.

I just hope those rumours about Mariano are false. If Monchi really likes Douglas he can have him for 2-3M. But I just don't think it's anything serious about that.

Ideally i would see Umtiti come in as third choice CB and to get accustomed to our playing style and team. Jonny for a RB and LB versatility player. Umititi (20-25 Million Euro + 12 Million Euro Jonny) seem like a great pairing, would have our Left Flank covered and CB patched up. If we can get Lemos for under 12 Million Euro i would sign him and loan him out and bring him in next season when Mathieu or Mascherano leaves.

Our entire back line revitalized for around 50-60 Million is the best we can do for now. Should be enough left to get Denis Suarez back and maybe even sign a forward to rotate with Suarez. Plus we got a little bit of money from Bartra and some serious wages off the bill.

Agree. But it will be hard for him to just take 3rd CB away from Mathieu as we all know how much Lucho loves Marlboro.

BarçaBarça

We have to pay to get rid of Douglas IMO. How many years does he have left?

3 years left (yes, a FIVE year contract :facepalm:)

But I guess we are just about to find out that there is a clause which make it possible for him to extend 10 years if he doesn't play in +50% of all games :giggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans