Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
"Lucho met with Umtiti. Found out he's his long lost son from a fling 20+ years ago. Decided to keep the money in the family." [Sport]

xXKonan

I mean Sport is the only one I've seen deny it and it was one of those reports that didn't even have an author on it. :lol:

ara.cat/rac1/MD/l'equipe all said the same thing Umtiti is the one CB we want the most this summer. out of all the young CBs we were targeting, Umtiti and Lemos seem like the ones with the most weight to them.

I mean who else are we going to sign that's affordable and young? Laporte and Marquinhos? with the budget we have for this summer not these two and one of them plays for PSG which automatically rules him out.

This kinda feels like more of a " I don't want this guy at Barca I want someone else!" Deal from Sport but this time they're using Lucho's name as an excuse that "Oh he doesn't want him!" and add in the Unlabeled author type report it just fits the Criteria.

I'm beating the dead horse here but that's what it feels like.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

I mean Sport is the only one I've seen deny it and it was one of those reports that didn't even have an author on it. :lol:

ara.cat/rac1/MD/l'equipe all said the same thing Umtiti is the one CB we want the most this summer. out of all the young CBs we were targeting, Umtiti and Lemos seem like the ones with the most weight to them.

I mean who else are we going to sign that's affordable and young? Laporte and Marquinhos? with the budget we have for this summer not these two and one of them plays for PSG which automatically rules him out.

This kinda feels like more of a " I don't want this guy at Barca I want someone else!" Deal from Sport but this time they're using Lucho's name as an excuse that "Oh he doesn't want him!" and add in the Unlabeled author type report it just fits the Criteria.

I'm beating the dead horse here but that's what it feels like.

Sport has been more reliable this summer than the other outlets tbf.they were the one who 1st broke the Alves & Mascherano news IIRC.both proofed reliable. l'equipe was the one who said Benarafa is joining Barca too
I don't know if they are right about Umtiti,but what they are saying isn't far fetched.The coach and the sporting director have to agree on transfers and have their ways with each other and it is normal to have disagreements and discuss it and one of them will have to convince the other.

xXKonan

Sport has been more reliable this summer than the other outlets tbf.they were the one who 1st broke the Alves & Mascherano news IIRC.both proofed reliable. l'equipe was the one who said Benarafa is joining Barca too
I don't know if they are right about Umtiti,but what they are saying isn't far fetched.The coach and the sporting director have to agree on transfers and have their ways with each other and it is normal to have disagreements and discuss it and one of them will have to convince the other.
I guess it's one of those deals we will have to wait for then. although I don't like how Sport makes it sound like Lucho is some crazed stubborn madman when it comes to wanting Marquinhos.

I mean Lucho can be stubborn but even to that extent I can't really see it. :lol:

xavi_the_Boss

They say that he wants Marquinhos.So pretty much the player they keep on mentioning since 3 years.Even said we will make a 40M bid for him a week ago just some days before the Umtiti rumours.

xXKonan

I think perhaps the only rumor Sport and MD agree on is the Lemos Deal. Fernando Polo, says we will make a new bid and Sport says the same.

But other than that it's Umtiti vs Marquinhos that is different.

One says we are likely going to sign him and Marquinhos is a no go due to his costs and PSG not wanting to sell.

The other says Lucho doesn't want Umtiti and only wants Marquinhos.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
That's BS from Sport, Marquinhos would have to force his way out of PSG, it's not happening, Barto knows it, Robert knows it and Lucho knows. Just sign Umtiti, Lemos, then Vietto and maybe that guy Castro to replace Adriano. I don't care that much about Denis tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans