Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alarcón

Those are some low expectations for Barça... Umtiti, Lemos, Vietto, Castro... No offense to them but there is no guarantee any of them will turn out to be useful for us

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Those are some low expectations for Barça... Umtiti, Lemos, Vietto, Castro... No offense to them but there is no guarantee any of them will turn out to be useful for us

It's not like they need to go straight into starting XI, they'll have time to adapt and prove their value. And those are 20-22 years old players with potential and resale value, so the club is finally looking into right direction. Other clubs might be drooling over these players in couple of years.

Last edited:

mssarm

Here we go again when the coach is asking for a particular player and the board is giving bs excuses. Lucho asked for Nolito, the board said he is too expensive, now he wants Marqinhos they trying to push Umtiti on him. If it's too difficult to sign Marqinhos Barca needs to find the guys who can close the deal and get the players we want. Any club sporting director can sign Lemos, it's not a big deal. Hire a guy who can steal Marqinhos from PSG ffs.How do you expect the coach win all the silverware if you cannot supply him with what he needs. He is not asking to buy Neuer from Bayern, it's Marqinhos who is showing signs of frustration with his club.

Last edited:

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Here we go again when the coach is asking for a particular player and the board is giving bs excuses. Lucho asked for Nolito, the board said he is too expensive, now he wants Marqinhos they trying to push Umtiti on him. If it's too difficult to sign Marqinhos Barca needs to find the guys who can close the deal and get the players we want. Any club sporting director can sign Lemos, it's not a big deal. Hire a guy who can steal Marqinhos from PSG ffs.How do you expect the coach win all the silverware if you cannot supply him with what he needs. He is not even asking to lure Neuer from Bayern, it's Marqinhos who is showing signs of frustration with his club.

How would you approach the signing of Marquinhos ? Their president isn't interested in any money (he has plenty of that ) and Marquinhos just recently extended his contract.

mssarm

How would you approach the signing of Marquinhos ? Their president isn't interested in any money (he has plenty of that ) and Marquinhos just recently extended his contract.

If I knew how I would be sitting in Barca HR right now. There are guys who make good deals, can pursuade the players and the board should spend the money if the coach thinks it's going to be principal player in the team . Again we are not talking about stealing Messi from Barca.

akaranzo

Here we go again when the coach is asking for a particular player and the board is giving bs excuses. Lucho asked for Nolito, the board said he is too expensive, now he wants Marqinhos they trying to push Umtiti on him. If it's too difficult to sign Marqinhos Barca needs to find the guys who can close the deal and get the players we want. Any club sporting director can sign Lemos, it's not a big deal. Hire a guy who can steal Marqinhos from PSG ffs.How do you expect the coach win all the silverware if you cannot supply him with what he needs. He is not asking to buy Neuer from Bayern, it's Marqinhos who is showing signs of frustration with his club.

We've tried to get Marquinhos from them for so long already... Time to just let him go and look for other targets I'm tired of these constant Marquinhos talks already, we're not getting him, that's the end of it.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
If I knew how I would be sitting in Barca HR right now. There are guys who make good deals, can pursuade the players and the board should spend the money if the coach thinks it's going to be principal player in the team . Again we are not talking about stealing Messi from Barca.

How are you supposed to make a deal if one side (PSG) doesn't want to negotiate. They are financially very strong , so any possible offer with money will get instantly rejected. If I'm not mistaken Marquinhos doesn' have a buyout clause , so Barca can't eliminate PSG from the negotiations. I honestly can't see a way to sign Marquinhos in this scenario , unless you want to trade him with one of Barca's players.

mssarm

We've tried to get Marquinhos from them for so long already... Time to just let him go and look for other targets I'm tired of these constant Marquinhos talks already, we're not getting him, that's the end of it.
We are all tired of Marqinhos and T.Silva stories because we have mediocre people doing deals for us. Instead them getting us the players they get used as a leverage and we end up frustrated. My point is we haven't had a decent sporting director after Laporta.

khaled_a_d

I guess it's one of those deals we will have to wait for then. although I don't like how Sport makes it sound like Lucho is some crazed stubborn madman when it comes to wanting Marquinhos.

I mean Lucho can be stubborn but even to that extent I can't really see it. :lol:

From what I understand through google translate is that Lucho prefers Marquinhos and was ok with Baily.so It isn't Marquinhos or non for him.
The article isn't as bad as the headline tbf. They are just stating that there is a discussion about the player.for me that is a good news tbh as long as those guys are working together and none of them are forcing his view over the other

khaled_a_d

We are all tired of Marqinhos and T.Silva stories because we have mediocre people doing deals for us. Instead them getting us the players they get used as a leverage and we end up frustrated. My point is we haven't had a decent sporting director after Laporta.

Imagine if a Manu fan is blaming his sporting director that he can't get Neymar/Bale. would you think it will be a logical complain?

mssarm

Imagine if a Manu fan is blaming his sporting director that he can't get Neymar/Bale. would you think it will be a logical complain?

Please read my posts, we are not talking about several hundred millions deals like Neymar or loyal guys like Neuer. It's like buying Alexis Sanchez from us. Do you really think our sporting director is the same caliber as Txiki was?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

With all due respect Khaled, I don't think Marquinhos or Thiago Silva can be compared to Neymar and Bale. No offense to them, they are not on the same level. Defenders are already handicapped compared to forwards, for example you will never see defenders winning the BD these days. Silly time we are in.

But I am totally fine with not pursing those big name defenders (or any players for that matter) from top clubs like PSG who will either never sell or ask for a huge fee that we are not willing to shell out. We should be looking to buy talent with goood potentials, not necessarily proven players, at a relatively cheap price from second and third tier teams and leagues and cultivate them so I am happy if we go for Umtiti and Lemos.

khaled_a_d

Please read my posts, we are not talking about several hundred millions deals like Neymar or loyal guys like Neuer. It's like buying Alexis Sanchez from us. Do you really think our sporting director is the same caliber as Txiki was?

Marquinhos was bought for around 32M and they are big believer in him.Sanchez was a player we wanted to sell to fund another deal
PSG doesn't need money and doesn't want to sell.so while my example was extreme it is actually closer to the situation with Marquinhos than yours
And while I rate Txiki really high over Zubi (we are yet to find how good is Robert) he didn't made a deal similar to the Marquinhos one.if a rich club doesn't want to sell and the player has more than 1 year in his contract it won't happen

xXKonan

PSG are a team that has money and don't need to sell. and they have ambitions in Europe to be one of best and win the CL.

Marquinhos to them is the successor to Thiago Silva, and won't let him go no matter how much he cries about not being able to play. Marquinhos choose money, over us and recently renewed his contract until 2019, and he has to live with the consequences of it.

I'm sure a lot of us want Marquinhos, but the problem is you're better off trying to convince a brick wall to move than negotiating with PSG for one of their players.

mazp

Marquinhos, Silva or Umtiti and Lemos. Their all gambles, imo. I like the fact, the club is looking at players with resale value if nothing else.

Buying WC defenders is never a sure thing, see F.Cannavaro and W.Samuel. These guys were World Class and the Spanish League made them look like donkey's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans