Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
With all due respect Khaled, I don't think Marquinhos or Thiago Silva can be compared to Neymar and Bale. No offense to them, they are not on the same level. Defenders are already handicapped compared to forwards, for example you will never see defenders winning the BD these days. Silly time we are in.
It's not about the time really.... Defenders never really had much of a chance actually. Ballon d'Or has always been a forward's award, occasionally a mid fielder's but very, very rarely a defender's!

BarçaBarça

[...] now he wants Marqinhos they trying to push Umtiti on him. If it's too difficult to sign Marqinhos Barca needs to find the guys who can close the deal and get the players we want. Any club sporting director can sign Lemos, it's not a big deal. Hire a guy who can steal Marqinhos from PSG ffs.How do you expect the coach win all the silverware if you cannot supply him with what he needs. He is not asking to buy Neuer from Bayern, it's Marqinhos who is showing signs of frustration with his club.

How would you approach the signing of Marquinhos ? Their president isn't interested in any money (he has plenty of that ) and Marquinhos just recently extended his contract.

Mission signing Marquinhos :sherlock:
Step 1: Pay Benzema 150 000 € (exact price) to find/get hold of/make a sex tape with chairman Nasser Al-Khelaifi s***** the balls of Zlatan and/or Laurent Blanc and/or Valbuena.
Step 2: Give Mr. Aurier a call. Make him announce another periscope-session at July 2nd.
Step 3: Give Mr. Nasser a call and explain that if Marquinhos is not a Barcelona-player by July 1st Aurier would have evidence to back up his claims in the next periscope.
Step 4: Let Aurier praise Nasser and PSG the day after Marquinhos has joined Barca.

Alternative plan
Wait until the world runs on renewable energy and Qatar is broke, then they have to sell.
Note: Might backfire as Qatar funds most of Barca as well.

That is genuinely the only two realistic ways of getting Marquinhos :D

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It's not about the time really.... Defenders never really had much of a chance actually. Ballon d'Or has always been a forward's award, occasionally a mid fielder's but very, very rarely a defender's!

Certainly not since 2009 when it became FIFA BD, but before that when it was European BD there were definitely defenders making in the top 3, for example Baresi, Maldini, Roberto Carlos and Cannavaro (who actually won it).

khaled_a_d

Certainly not since 2009 when it became FIFA BD, but before that when it was European BD there were definitely defenders making in the top 3, for example Baresi, Maldini, Roberto Carlos and Cannavaro (who actually won it).

It is off-topic,but I really miss the days when there was 2 prizes

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Step 1: Pay Benzema 150 000 € (exact price) to find/get hold of/make a sex tape with chairman Nasser Al-Khelaifi s***** the balls of Zlatan and/or Laurent Blanc and/or Valbuena.
Step 2: Give Mr. Aurier a call. Make him announce another periscope-session at July 2nd.
Step 3: Give Mr. Nasser a call and explain that if Marquinhos is not a Barcelona-player by July 1st Aurier would have evidence to back up his claims in the next periscope.
Step 4: Let Aurier praise Nasser and PSG the day after Marquinhos has joined Barca.

Alternative plan
Wait until the world runs on renewable energy and Qatar is broke, then they have to sell.
Note: Might backfire as Qatar funds most of Barca as well.

Waterproof plan you got there :neymar:

mssarm

There's the third one:Zobi holding Naser's gay boyfriend as a hostage in his basement . We trade Marqinhos + cash. As I said earlier: there are opportunities we just need to have competent people to explore them.

ini4ever

SRSLY I'll be pissed off if we don't sign any TOP midfielders this summer.
P.S : GREAT, Pjanic to Juve now, all things going perfectly lol.

Xavinho

SRSLY I'll be pissed off if we don't sign any TOP midfielders this summer.
P.S : GREAT, Pjanic to Juve now, all things going perfectly lol.

Do mean you would've wanted Barca to sign Pjanic??

If for some strange reason Rakitic, Iniesta, Roberto, Arda Turan, and Rafinha were all unavailable, I would rather just give chances to a B team player like Kaptoum than spend the €38m I've seen reported to get someone like Pjanic. If we do spend good money on a midfielder than I hope he'll be an actual improvement on what we already have.

ini4ever

We don't need a midfielder.

Good, So we'll be witnessing another critical period like this season due to fatigue.

If for some strange reason Rakitic, Iniesta, Roberto, Arda Turan, and Rafinha were all unavailable, I would rather just give chances to a B team player like Kaptoum than spend the €38m I've seen reported to get someone like Pjanic. If we do spend good money on a midfielder than I hope he'll be an actual improvement on what we already have.

I don't know but they are totally stupid if they haven't been fallowing him also on another note Roma isn't interested to sell Pjanic to Juve and Pjanic himself said several times he'd join Barca btw, Not strange reasons really needed, it probably will happen. Iniesta ( 32 ) , An injury prone player ( Rafinha ) and Roberto who will be mostly used as RB ( if Vidal get injured and probably will)
And you can't just say rather see a B team player because Lucho is important here, Maybe Kaptoum will have Messi's technique level but as long as Lucho doesn't trust him, other options will be eliminated easily, just like Samper ( Not certainly but we can say that ) or despite of that, Maybe Lucho won't enough be able to develop them as they necessarily should.
I think Pjanic could be that player, he's got good vision, he can also control the game under pressure and don't we forget there aren't many good midfielders out there right now.

Last edited:

mazp

Rafinha is injury prone and Turan has yet to adapt. Roberto is a decent squad player, nothing more. We need a midfielder, one that is actually better than what we've got. If we want to win the CL again. Madrid, Juve, Bayern have better depth of midfielders than us right now.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
There's the third one:Zobi holding Naser's gay boyfriend as a hostage in his basement . We trade Marqinhos + cash. As I said earlier: there are opportunities we just need to have competent people to explore them.

I imagine the headlines...

"PSG and FC Barcelona have agreed on a deal. Marquinhos and 50 million euros to Barça in return for Douglas." [Sport]

"Watcha got there, Robert? Nasser's insider trader husband flaunts his 50m € Marquinhos just a week after being exposed." [Daily Mail]

"NO DEFENCE PSG director Nasser caught parking his top-of-the-range Range Rover in a bus stop so Robert can go to Starbucks." [The Sun]

Messi983

Good, So we'll be witnessing another critical period like this season due to fatigue.

Every team has a period of bad form during the season. You just can't play on your top level for 10 months. Unfortunately, we had our worst time this season at the start of April which we paid for in the CL. But this fatigue you're talking about has more to do with MSN than our midfielders IMO. They were flying to South America before the most important stretch of the season. I don't believe having another top midfielder would really change the way our season has gone as the strength and importance of this team is on MSN, not on midfield anymore like in Pep's times.

And to be fair, I'd take domestic double every year without thinking twice about that, so I consider our season really good. I know some people here give more importance to CL, I don't. I always prefered La Liga title which shows consistency. On the other hand you can win CL without facing any good team on your road to the final if you are named RM. ;)

Also, keep in mind we didn't really have much options besides Iniesta and Rakitic to rotate in midfield until January because of Rafinha's injury and Arda's ineligibility to play. Next season we'll have both of them from the start of the season plus Denis. More than enough for rotation and to keep Iniesta and Rakitic fresher and with lower risk of injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans