Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icarium

Lifestealer
My guess will be Nolito/Gameiro and Jonny Castro. That's a lot of subs, no player to make an actual impact.

But they do make an impact. Nolito/Gameiro and Denis are clear upgrades on munir and Sandro. Denis adds depth to midfield too. The impact which the defenders will make is yet to be determined. It is a gamble but if we don't sell Masch we sould be fine, more than fine actually. Only problem in RB and I think neither lucho or Robert are adamant on signing a replacement.

xXKonan

Players like Nolito,Castro,Umtiti,Denis already feel like an upgrade to Douglas,Verm,Sandro, and Adriano.

I guess that's what we were looking for at least. the only adjustment to the Gala would either be Roberto or Vidal taking over for Alves.

F

Flavia

But they do make an impact. Nolito/Gameiro and Denis are clear upgrades on munir and Sandro. Denis adds depth to midfield too. The impact which the defenders will make is yet to be determined. It is a gamble but if we don't sell Masch we sould be fine, more than fine actually. Only problem in RB and I think neither lucho or Robert are adamant on signing a replacement.

Midfield is still too weak, for me. Iniesta is getting older, Rakitic can't play all games. Arda isn't working as cm. Then there's Rafinha, injury prone, and Denis, still to play a minute. I won't count Bob because right now he's likely to be our RB. It's still early days, but if what capdevila said turns out to be true, I'll be underwhelmed.

xXKonan

Midfield is still too weak, for me. Iniesta is getting older, Rakitic can't play all games. Arda isn't working as cm. Then there's Rafinha, injury prone, and Denis, still to play a minute. I won't count Bob because right now he's likely to be our RB. It's still early days, but if what capdevila said turns out to be true, I'll be underwhelmed.
I think the next summer transfer window we will buy a Midfielder.

With the budget we have it seems Lucho and Robert, Prioritized the Defense and a sub for the front three more than a Midfielder.

Last edited:

Jombi

My guess will be Nolito/Gameiro and Jonny Castro. That's a lot of subs, no player to make an actual impact.

Truth be told, very few players in our starting eleven can be benched by anyone. But I do agree that subs like Jonny, Gameiro etc are abit underwhelming, especially since they fit in the same mold as Arda, Vidal and others Lucho like (Celta, La Liga or old etc) and fit in that pattern of Lucho's tunnel vision. At least we are not signing Iborra and Coke from Sevilla.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

With the budget we have it seems Lucho and Robert, Prioritized the Defense and a sub for the front three more than a Midfielder.

If Pogba goes to Real Madrid this summer and it looks like Pjanic is going to Juventus , I wonder which midfield we can buy next summer?

F

Flavia

I think the midfield really needs a top reinforcement now. There's also the problem of Busi having no sub, with Bob as rb. And Samper will likely leave on loan.

Messi983

Again with the myth.
Our midfield is still just as important as before, only that it forces Messi down to do the job Xavi did before, isolating Neymar and Suarez much more against a wall of defenders.
Our midfield is our weakest link. God forbid Iniesta gets out of form or injured.

Well, then agree to disagree. I think we'll be totally fine in midfield with players we have.

Icarium

Lifestealer

There are not lot of players who we could sign in midfield to make an improvement. We need to sell players before we sign anyone. It is already stacked. Sell Arda then we could go for Pogba. But it also means Rafinha won't get his chances. I think Lucho trusts in Arda. I only pogba doesn't move to Real this season so that next season we could try to sign him. That would be the ideal time.

Jombi

I think the midfield really needs a top reinforcement now. There's also the problem of Busi having no sub, with Bob as rb. And Samper will likely leave on loan.

Its not a problem if the LB backup can play RB. Assuming Vidal as another RB backup.

serghei

I haven't lost faith in Arda myself. We need to make it work with him. He is a very good player, just needs to find his place, because he looks like he doesn't know what his role is. Let's hope it's a problem that can be fixed this season.

Theoretically, a midfield that has Busquets, Iniesta, Rakitic and Arda Turan looks strong on paper. Not long ago Turan was one of the best midfielders in La Liga. He need to show that at Barcelona as well. If he won't, that's a shame and we will need a key midfield signing next summer (Pogba if he's available would fit like a glove, but there are others too).

Problem for me is RB. That's a spot that will be weaker next season. Losing Alves without having a top RB locked in is a major letdown for this board imo.

Last edited:

xXKonan

I think besides the obvious small budget problems is Lucho wants to give Arda another season before throwing him to the wolves.

Fernando Polo? I believe reported awhile ago that if we had any money left we would buy a DM. But with us giving away players for free this summer and nothing new in regards to a new sponsor deal we are stuck with a puny 60 million+whoever we sell and yeah.... I can't see it happening. :lol:

60 Million for the summer alone is a joke.

F

Flavia

There are not lot of players who we could sign in midfield to make an improvement. We need to sell players before we sign anyone. It is already stacked. Sell Arda then we could go for Pogba. But it also means Rafinha won't get his chances. I think Lucho trusts in Arda. I only pogba doesn't move to Real this season so that next season we could try to sign him. That would be the ideal time.
It's stacked in theory. And Lucho can be stubborn with players. I don't think Arda will play better in the position Lucho insists to put him on.

Its not a problem if the LB backup can play RB. Assuming Vidal as another RB backup.
Then Bob would get overplayed. I can't see Vidal playing much, given last season.

I haven't lost faith in Arda myself. We need to make it work with him. He is a very good player, just needs to find his place, because he looks like he doesn't know what his role is. Let's hope it's a problem that can be fixed this season.

Theoretically, a midfield that has Busquets, Iniesta, Rakitic and Arda Turan looks strong on paper. Not long ago Turan was one of the best midfielders in La Liga. He need to show that at Barcelona as well.

Problem for me is RB. That's a spot we will be weaker next season. Losing Alves without having a top RB locked in is a major letdown for this board imo.

Arda is a great mf, but not for the role enrique is insisting on. And as I don't think that will change, it'll be more of what happened last season.

RB is also a problem. And Busi's sub is another now. Bob got injured a lot last season too.

Jombi

As long as we continue to buy oldies with no sell-on value for big money the transfer budget wont be that great. Its extremely expensive to buy players who have so few years left in the tank, which we constantly have to replace. It might SOUND cheap with 25m for a 29 year old, but it really isnt, even if he is rated by some. Divide the transfer fee over 8-10 years, and you have a cheap player. Lets say buying Rafa Marquez for 5m. Thats a good transfer. People say Mathieu was a great transfer, he is a decent backup, but it is also a luxury transfer most clubs cant afford because of his age and no value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans