Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Koke? If Simeone leaves, he could easily be a realistic target.

Koke would be a dream transfer. If there ever is a Xavi successor then he's the one that comes the closest.

But he already rejected our offer once...and Simeone don't seem to be leaving any time soon either so I think it's unlikely.

Really underrated too. Has had twice the great performances than Verratti and Pogba, but his name is rarely mentioned. Probably because he plays for Atletico.

Trickykid

Koke would be a dream transfer. If there ever is a Xavi successor then he's the one that comes the closest.

But he already rejected our offer once...and Simeone don't seem to be leaving any time soon either so I think it's unlikely.

Really underrated too. Has had twice the great performances than Verratti and Pogba, but his name is rarely mentioned. Probably because he plays for Atletico.

He did hint at it after the ChL final. It was probably mostly the immediate bitterness of defeat, but who knows. Problem is there aren't really any of the big clubs out there, who aren't set with a coach for the coming season. P$G is the only one who comes to mind.

Co0ter

Koke had always been my number one midfield transfer ahead of Pogba and Gundogan; he may be tied with Verratti. Problem is, we are more likely to sign Verratti than him, so I don't even bother mentioning him. He's skillful and tireless. Then again Arda was too before coming to us, now he's pretty much useless considering the souless performances he gave us.

DonAK

Koke had always been my number one midfield transfer ahead of Pogba and Gundogan; he may be tied with Verratti. Problem is, we are more likely to sign Verratti than him, so I don't even bother mentioning him. He's skillful and tireless. Then again Arda was too before coming to us, now he's pretty much useless considering the souless performances he gave us.

Not so sure about that.

Koke could have a change of heart(don't think he will though), and then the only thing required would be paying his buyout. Our relations with Atletico is quite good so I don't see them forcing us/Koke to pay his own buyout + taxes and leave Atletico through the back door.

Verratti for PSG with Nasser there is pretty much impossible. The guy wouldn't even sell their 3rd choice keeper to us.

Last edited:

i_bleed_blaugrana

Sorry guys but I don't really fancy Koke for us. He's just nothing special for me, was absolutely invisible against Real in the CL final while someone like Bazoer or Tielemans could, particularly the way they shoot from distance. Like he's good but he's not Xavi good, believe it or not, I think Oliver Torres is more like Xavi than Koke is, you just don't see him much bc he isn't suited to Simeone's 4-4-2

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Rather stay away from Atletico and their players for now. You never know if we buy another big flop that most likely over-performed because of Simeone's genius. Chelsea did the same mistake as us twice while Cerezo is laughing all the way to the bank.

DonAK

Sorry guys but I don't really fancy Koke for us. He's just nothing special for me, was absolutely invisible against Real in the CL final while someone like Bazoer or Tielemans could, particularly the way they shoot from distance. Like he's good but he's not Xavi good, believe it or not, I think Oliver Torres is more like Xavi than Koke is, you just don't see him much bc he isn't suited to Simeone's 4-4-2

Invisible against Real Madrid in the Champions League final? Really?

Really?

The guy was sensational and held his own against Kroos and Modric.

George_Costanza

add to this I really think Koke is flourishing under Simeone tactics just like Arda Turan did. Take him out and you won't see similar performances. It's madness some here rate him above Verratti and Pogba. We will see his performance today with the NT.

BBZ8800

Rather stay away from Atletico and their players for now. You never know if we buy another big flop that most likely over-performed because of Simeone's genius. Chelsea did the same mistake as us twice while Cerezo is laughing all the way to the bank.

add to this I really think Koke is flourishing under Simeone tactics just like Arda Turan did. Take him out and you won't see similar performances. It's madness some here rate him above Verratti and Pogba. We will see his performance today with the NT.

I am slightly concerned about this part too.

Arda really looked like a beast there.
While currently in Barca and even in Turkish NT, he is insanely poor.

So:
1. either Arda had "Atletico" effect
2. or he lost his stamina
3. or both 1+2

Koke hasn't lost his stamina, but "Atletico" effect has to be considered.
As Thwix said, really majority of Atletico's players play way, way weaker once they leave Atletico.

I would like to see more from Koke, now when he'll play for an NT team, in a different formation+system, when he is not surrounded by Atletico's teammates.
If he'll play on this Euro with Busi+Iniesta around him, that could tell us way more how he fits into Barca's system and with our type of players.

khaled_a_d

I am slightly concerned about this part too.

Arda really looked like a beast there.
While currently in Barca and even in Turkish NT, he is insanely poor.

So:
1. either Arda had "Atletico" effect
2. or he lost his stamina
3. or both 1+2

Koke hasn't lost his stamina, but "Atletico" effect has to be considered.
As Thwix said, really majority of Atletico's players play way, way weaker once they leave Atletico.

I would like to see more from Koke, now when he'll play for an NT team, in a different formation+system, when he is not surrounded by Atletico's teammates.
If he'll play on this Euro with Busi+Iniesta around him, that could tell us way more how he fits into Barca's system and with our type of players.

Players could flourish in a system & can't do it in others all the time.Arda was gr8 fit for a club like Atletico but he was/is also a gr8 player ,systems won't make bad players look good just because they are under a certain coach.
Arda played well for Turkey for years,since he was young prospect in Euro 2008.he wasn't a bad player that suddenly Simeone turned him into a beast
Also Arda is more of a natural winger tbf,we had no position really for him.his best fit in the team will be Neymar sub and that won't happen.Koke is a CM who is pushed on the wings,younger and much better fit.

According to Di Marzio were are interested in Fabinho.

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/eng/348509/

1-It is one of Di Marzio journalists
2-The news is that Napoli has interest in him,he is just throwing other names to spice the news
3-Wasn't Atletico close in signing him?

O.Torres is turning into one of the most overrated players in this forum.And I am not sure how he is anything close to Xavi.he is a pure AM unlike Xavi who is the absolute CM.
I am not a big fan of Koke,but he was gr8 in CL final and I would take him over Torres surely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans