Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Co0ter

I don't think anyone is truly shitting on Denis. And we all know Roberto had a breakthrough, but he broke through to become a decent squad player. He will never be WC starter material for Barca, and I think many people see Denis that way also. Rafinha is even lesser quality than them imo- he has no above average qualities and was never pacey, likely to lose some of what he had from the injury too.

I really thought Arda was going to boss it here no matter what because of his fierce determination he showed at AM...and I said I wouldn't judge him until the season finished...and I am beyond disappointed. Not only in quality but in effort. He showed absolutely nothing promising what so ever. If Rakitic or Iniesta get injured the drop in quality is truly immense.

mssarm

I don't think anyone is truly shitting on Denis. And we all know Roberto had a breakthrough, but he broke through to become a decent squad player. He will never be WC starter material for Barca, and I think many people see Denis that way also.

You don't know that and just because other people think same way doesn't make it more convincing. The guy never even played for us and his young. At his age Xavi was warming the bench.

BBZ8800

You don't know that and just because other people think same way doesn't make it more convincing. The guy never even played for us and his young. At his age Xavi was warming the bench.

Sorry, what?

Xavi aged 18-19:
"His progression through the teams earned him a first-team appearance in a Copa Catalunya match against Lleida on 5 May 1998[18] and he scored his first goal on 18 August 1998 in the Super Cup final against RCD Mallorca. His début in La Liga came against Valencia CF on 3 October 1998 in a 3–1 victory for Barcelona. Initially featuring intermittently both for the reserve and senior teams, Xavi scored the only goal in a 1–0 victory over Real Valladolid when Barcelona were 10th in the league. Sustained impressive performance meant that he became a key member of Louis van Gaal's title-winning team. Xavi finished his debut season with 26 matches played and winning the Spanish League. He also was named 1999 La Liga Breakthrough Player of the Year. Xavi became Barcelona's principal playmaker after an injury to Pep Guardiola in the 1999–2000 season."

By the age of 22, Xavi already had 152 matches played for Barca's Ateam in La liga, Cdr and Champions league.
Ok, some will say that he played then to some extent because Barca needed Catalan players.

Further, to some extent, it is not fair to say that Suarez will be a squad/bench player at Barca, but everything indicates that.
Ok, he may improve and explode, you never know.

But on the other hand, comparing Denis with Xavi is also insane, imo.

I have watched young Xavi from his first steps in Ateam, and even though he was far from the prime Xavi, it was clear that this guy "has it".
He was something special, and with Rivaldo and Luis Enrique, he was my favorite player in those years, no matter how young he was.

On the other hand, comparing Roberto, Rafinha and Denis with Xavi, Iniesta and similar is imo, just a desperation.
We need new Cms, La Masia isn't producing such talents anymore and now people are hoping that current (mostly mediocre players) may explode and magically turn into a next Xavi.

Xavi has been hailed from his early steps in Ateam steps in Ateam as a special player.
Denis is just a wishful thinking from our forum.

Further, some users act on this forum as if Roberto, Rafinha and Denis are kids.
Roberto is 24, Rafinha is 23 and Denis 22.

If someone wants to compare them with young Iniesta and if someone actually thinks that they can reach a level (or a similar level) of Xavi/Iniesta, this is how a 22-years old Iniesta played:

I remember all those matches from 2006 in La liga and a CL when Iniesta was 22, and yes, he was far from the current Iniesta.
But also, he was miles and miles better in everything than Roberto, Rafinha and Denis.

So, on one hand, it is fine to hope that our youngsters may turn into something eventually, but we shouldn't be deluded and totally blind and biased.

One more time, sorry if my post was offensive, but for me it is a total blasphemy to compare Xavi and Denis in the same sentence in this manner.
18 years old Xavi:

Compare this guy to our current La Masia "talents" when they play some cup matches for Barca.

Plus, young Iniesta, for example was a key player in all youth Spanish NT teams, and one of the best players of tournaments.
While Denis played for youth NT teams, but mostly as a sub.
So, even here you can see that Xavi or Iniesta were always key players on all levels, while Roberto, Denis and Rafinha are far from it on youth NT levels and in a current Barca's setup.
That can't be a coincidence.

Last edited:

Egert

Estonian Culé
As Marquinhos (22) wants to have future clear before starting holidays, Barcelona will in coming days make final attempt to sign him [sport]

SeloBarca

We have had problems with having way to many becnhwarmer squadplayers. Players that will never be starters.
Now we are getting rid of some, and replace them with new ones without strengthening our starting eleven.

Roberto and Vidal were suqadplayers, and now they will become our main RBs.
Rafinha and Suarez would have to become twice the players they are now to have any chance of becoming starters in Barcelona.
Nothing are beeing done to our severe lack of creativity in midfield.

gregorrin10

Since this thing with Umtiti is dragging on since the CL final already, i'm really hoping we got this one mostly sorted out and done quickly, and that we confirm it as soon as the transfer window opens, so that he gets a proper pre-season with the team and that we have enough time to really look hard on the market for maybe one more CB to prepare ourselves for the eventual loss of Mascherano (hopefully that will be in like 2 years, not this summer already).

Umtiti is a necessity to start right from the get go, at least fighting Mascherano very hard for the first 11 right from the beggining and eventually, like through the course of the upcoming season, becoming our first choice CB alongside Pique. While i would love it, if we could get another CB in to cover the loss of Bartra and most probably Vermaelen. We need to have at least 3-4 capable CBs (i certainly don't count Mathieu in that category, infact i would love to see him go instead of Vermaelen or maybe even the both of them, but what can you do). That 2nd CB turns from a wish to necessity IF Mascherano leaves, but i really hope that won't happen (yet).

As for the who that 2nd CB could be, my dream says Mustafi, especially if he presses on Valencia for a lower fee, since their team is in shambles right now, plus they're not giving him European football), but i sadly simply can't see us pulling off buying 2 great CBs like that in one summer. As for Lemos, i'm actually not that impressed with him, plus Las Palmas all mighty attitude first with the 30 mil clause and now even reportedly taunting us with offering him to Madrid is a pretty big turn off for me. Would much rather see us look for someone from maybe a little less high-profile league, the player that comes most to my mind, is Riedewald from Ajax (we have a good relationship with them, their game-style is similar, and they've just lost De Boer as their manager after that sensational title loss). So i'm pretty sure some of their players are up for grabs. And Riedewald might fit the Barca bill pretty good, he is somewhere in the Bartra range right now, but he's quite a few years younger and also has massive potential to become one of the best CBs around.:rockon:

Last edited:

Egert

Estonian Culé
Among interested clubs, Palmeiras forward Gabriel Jesus (19) prefers Barcelona. Agents postpone transfer until after Olympics. [sport]

gregorrin10

As for the full backs, i would like it if we give it a go at least one season with Vidal and Sergi on RB, but i wouldn't mind someone like Azpilicueta too, who can cover both sides, i'm especially worried for LB, for there we do need to bring someone to give a proper challenge to Alba already. I guess in part Umtiti can be that, but i would much rather see someone else, so we can Umtiti mostly for the CB position. Why the f** did we need to get rid of Grimaldo???:angry: He could've played some matches the past season already, and now with Adriano leaving (for Lazio most likely) he could totally jump in and be the understudy, that Alba so desperately needs. I heard mention of another LB, young Villareal hot-shot Adrian Marin, i guess he could be an option. And of course from Lucho favourite hunting ground, Jonny. He is young, i'll give him that, but i'm not too sure about his quality. I fear that he might just turn out to be another Adriano, who can only play well against less-quality opponents, but not cut it on the big stage, at least not regularly.

Which players have we been actually linked too besides Azpi and Jonny? What about midfield? With Denis coming back, are we looking for someone else in the near future or are Arda, Rafinha and Denis considered to cover well enough along with Sergi, when he's not playing RB? To be honest, i'm not too sure about either of the three (Arda,Denis, and even more so Rafinha) to actually be cut out to properly replace Iniesta and Raki, after they're gone. What about someone else? Pogba isn't affordable and frankly i don't think he's worth it as well.Do we actually got first option on Saul? Oliver Torres? How abotu Koke. I do know that they're unlikely, since they are at Atletico, but i'm dying inside when watching awesome and visionary players with so much creativity waste their talent in Simeone's tactical (defensive) approach without actually giving his players a lot of freedom to just play!:neymar:

And lastly, what about cover for MSN? Are Denis (LW) and Rafinha (RW) alongside Munir (ST) considered to be enough quality cover or are we actually planning to bring someone in? My opinion on this is to avoid Nolito, who i feel his best years are after him and that playing this year's EURO would be the highlight of his career. Gameiro maybe? Altough i can't see Sevilla giving him up lightly. Maybe again look at Atletico here, Vietto isn't getting a fair chance with Griezmann, Torres and even Correa seeming to be higher up the pecking order. I hear he's gonna be loaned out to Celta or something? Maybe we could approach them and get a fair price on him as he doesn't seem to be in their (immediate) plans. Plus, his agent reportedly offered him to us just a couple days ago, and he is willing to accept that 4th striker role behind MSN. His desire to play with Messi seems to be the key factor here and we could use that to put pressure on Atletico to sell. He could be the best option out there, him and Munir fighting for minutes or in case we get Vietto, Munir could even be sent on loan to see what he's made out of away from Barca, since Vietto is clearly the superior option between the two of them.

Opinions, feedback? ;)

Last edited:

Messi983

Would only have Bailly from them but apparently we choose Umtiti over him so it's not like he has really escaped us.

xXKonan

By the way Sport is wrong, as usual, Sane is not joining City for 40m, Schalke already denied the move.
Romero is reliable for Barca related stuff. but I was surprised when he reported that. :lol:

Seems like whatever sources he possibly has connected with possibly pep let him down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans