Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

People dreaming about Verratti should just let it go. He's never coming, not even if Neymar goes to psg.

George_Costanza

Depends how desperate PSG to buy the most marketable star like Neymar. Verratti is a great player but he will never be a marketable player, far from it.
True that PSG don't need to sell Verratti, but this is the same case for Barca, we don't need to sell Neymar, in fact, the board will never allow it. The only chance for PSG to buy Neymar is maybe to sell us Verratti.

F

Flavia

Depends how desperate PSG for the most marketable star like Neymar. Verratti is a great player but he will never be a marketable player, far from it.
True that PSG don't need to sell Verratti, but this is the same case for Barca, we don't need to sell Neymar, in fact, the board will never allow it. The only chance for PSG to buy Neymar is maybe to sell us Verratti.

No, their best chance is to pay his buyout. Nothing the board could do. While keeping Verratti.

mssarm

They might convince Neymar not to renew his contract with Barca and force his way out in couple of years. But that means war with Barca and Ney will look very bad. I don't think he is that type of person , because he rejected higher pay offer from real to play for us.

khaled_a_d

They might convince Neymar not to renew his contract with Barca and force his way out in couple of years. But that means war with Barca and Ney will look very bad. I don't think he is that type of person , because he rejected higher pay offer from real to play for us.

He would never do that.business wise it makes no sense for him.
He will sacrifice a pay rise for the next 2 years,financial stability with long term contract,his reputation and history with one of the biggest clubs in the world which would affect his brand .all for a promise that one injury will be enough for them to not stick to their word.
I think seeing what happened to VV when he believed in Monaco promise will be good lesson for many players

mssarm

He would never do that.business wise it makes no sense for him.
He will sacrifice a pay rise for the next 2 years,financial stability with long term contract,his reputation and history with one of the biggest clubs in the world which would affect his brand .all for a promise that one injury will be enough for them to not stick to their word.
I think seeing what happened to VV when he believed in Monaco promise will be good lesson for many players

That's exactly what I meant: Ney is very smart with his finances and his brand. If he is going to change the club it will happen with other club paying his release clause. What he is doing now is flirting with another clubs to get maximum out of his contract with Barca. All other players do, he is not exception.

F

Flavia

190M + taxes. that is around 250M which is 2.5 times the world record for transfer.
You are basically saying they have zero chance to buy Neymar

They could splash that kind of money. Unless ffp is back. But if Neymar refuses to renew, a deal would be the best. 190m without taxes. MD is already with a poll on how that money should be spent.

barcafan161

There is something in the press today that PSG couldn't sign him till next summer anyway...something about so many players that they can register?

khaled_a_d

They could splash that kind of money. Unless ffp is back. But if Neymar refuses to renew, a deal would be the best. 190m without taxes. MD is already with a poll on how that money should be spent.

Neymar refusing to renew will hurt him financially and also will hurt his brand.
And no,they can't splash that kind of money.They never paid over 80M for a player b4 and most of their signings was under 50M. They are rich but not that rich .
And IIRC FFP is still there.more flexible but I doubt it is 250M flexible

Co0ter

Gabriel Jesus looks like the real deal and can play anywhere upfront. With a rumored release clause of 24mil I'd prefer him over Nolito, Gameiro or anyone else we have been linked with...plus he can cover anywhere upfront so he'll get minutes and is only 19.

gregorrin10

Who's better though. Gabriel Jesus or Gabriel 'GabiGol' Barbosa? Jesus is right-footed, GabiGol left-footed. We were linked with GabiGol last year, and we reportedly also have first refusal on him from the Neymar deal, but now it seems we're after Jesus...interesting. Here's a thought, a future brazil (Barca) attack Gabi Jesus - Neymar - GabiGol :worthy:

But no, seriously which of the two Gabriel's do you think would be a better fit in Barca and which of them do you think will actually come, if any (or eventually even both)? :p

Last edited:

gregorrin10

Doesn't matter...they can have Pogba all they want...if we manage somehow to answer with Verratti or bringing back Thiago in the next couple of years, they are screwed! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans