Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

barcafan161

This will sound bad, but:
1. we had Messi, a cheat-codes since 2006
2. we had insane luck with La Masia in the last 10-ish years

Mix those 2 and it is "easy" to create a good team that fits well together and add some expensive and some cheaper players.

I want to say, it isn't that simple and black and white as:
We are buying cheap but smart.
And Real spend more than us and yet we won way more La Ligas lately.
Again, we had Messi...

Imagine a world without Messi, who knows how a recent history would look like?
Maybe even a dummy like Perez would have end as the best president ever, who knows?

So, in the future, when Messi and La Masia talents will be gone, it doesn't mean that we need to buy superstars every summer.
But, it will be hard to fight with players like Denis, if your biggest (and filthy rich) opponent will buy Pogbas summer after summer.
Superstar every summer won't be an answer, but we will need to splash a lot in the future also...

While true we don’t need to worry for quite a few years yet in terms of no Messi. Like we are showing with Jesus we are looking at a potentially very talented youngster who could be the next great thing who knows.

We will add pieces each year and every summer or so will sign a big name. We just don’t need to do it every summer. Real are a great team of course and will keep signing big players but it is about the fit more than anything else. I would fear them more with Kante than Pogba.

God Serena

May be because that kid is actually better player?
I don't know him but if we are willing to pay such money it probably means we really thinks highly of him

Unless Rodri is just flat out not good enough to make it (Being our best defender makes that a big question mark) I don't see why we'd need to make such a purchase at this time.

God Serena

Two champions leagues in 3 years?

Although they were both terribly ugly wins and last season was the easiest path to a CL final, ever....followed by the most difficult path, ever, by Barca.

If anything all Real Madrid does is prove how much of a joke the CL is in comparison to winning an actual league.

mampilly

Barcelona sporting director Robert Fernandez was in attendance at Argentina's win over Venezuela to cast an eye over Everton defender Funes Mori.

khaled_a_d

Unless Rodri is just flat out not good enough to make it (Being our best defender makes that a big question mark) I don't see why we'd need to make such a purchase at this time.

we have been trying to land a CB prospect this summer,this speaks volume what the board thinking of Tarin.A guy who only trained with 1st team when he was suspended with B team
We already have our offer rejected for Lemos and Davinson.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Palmeiras have rejected Barcelona's first 16.5+4.5M bid for Brazilian forward Gabriel Jesus (19). Palmeiras want 21M buyout fee. [sport]

xXKonan

Yeah the plan this summer has been in regards to CBs are.

1 CB who's young but Experienced enough who's in line to take over Mascherano when the day comes-Samuel Umtiti.

1 CB who's a prospect, one who is not quite ready to be on the first team but one that has loads of Potential and one that could be loaned out to a club for a couple of season. Lemos,Davison,Hernandez.

We already have the first one locked down in Umtiti (very likely at this stage). and we are working on the second one.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Palmeiras have rejected Barcelona's first 16.5+4.5M bid for Brazilian forward Gabriel Jesus (19). Palmeiras want 21M buyout fee. [sport]

I am guessing the only way to stop another one of those 5 clubs to come in and steal him is to convince Mr. Jesus himself that we want him and we are the right place for him.

Just pay the pay-out and be done with it.

Egert

Estonian Culé
21M for a talent like him is fair. Still better to buy him for 21M now than buying him for 100M from City/Bayern in a few years.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I'm not sure it's even true, these offers and such.

However, the fact that Raul Sanllehi is in Brazil, raises some suspicions. MD claiming he's there for Neymar, but he really almost only travels for transfer matters, closing deals.

xXKonan

However, the fact that Raul Sanllehi is in Brazil, raises some suspicions. MD claiming he's there for Neymar, but he really almost only travels for transfer matters, closing deals.
I mean there's rumors we are following Douglas Santos, Gabriel Jesus and with the Neymar saga it only fuels the speculation.

I'm pretty sure he also was the one that managed to find Douglas a new club yesterday as well in Brazil. He's likely there for more than just "Neymar".

khaled_a_d

That is very true,Sanllehi has been the guy who close out deals for the club under 3 consecutive boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans