Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icarium

Lifestealer
every signing is a gamble
i would like kante for his workrate, defensive prowess, and simplicity in passing

he is a younger, faster, better defensively version of Rakitic.
his coming will allow our three midfielders (Busi, rakitic, iniesta) to be more free to participate in attack and create for MSN

Rakitic is a better passer.

Anyway raktic is not a midfield destroyer. He does extra work of breaking out opposition attacks and running up and down the pitch but that is not his main job. He also provides cover on right wing to enable alves and messi partnership role flourish. Kante is completely different type of midfielder, he is mainly a ball winning midfielder who can drive into the box sometimes kind of like a midfield destroyer. He has to play in the midfield to flourish, the areas where he can make the most impact are the areas where Busi needs to operate his magic. Kante will not help Busi but in turn it will restrict to truly flourish, that is the same reason why we have not shifted to double pivot yet. Lucho wanted to do that start, going for cuadrado and he tried double pivot for sometime which did not end well so he changed Rakitic and Iniesta role and MSN flourished.

One player who can replace Rakitic in current barca is Koke, he can do all the things rakitic can and I believe his short passing is better than Rakitic. Verrati also is a great fit but that will also involve some change is tactics but that can be achieved. I honestly don't think Kante will replace Rakitic. Rakitic is a great player and his role is well defined, he was a very crucial part of our treble season.

Batistuta9

I think Gasgas acknowledges that rakitic is definitely a more talented player than kante, there is no doubt that raki is a better player in my opinion. But we are talking about making a better team and sometimes sacrificing a more talented player can bring more balance to the team. Anyway, we won't be getting kante so it's probably best to move on.

Icarium

Lifestealer
I think Gasgas acknowledges that rakitic is definitely a more talented player than kante, there is no doubt that raki is a better player in my opinion. But we are talking about making a better team and sometimes sacrificing a more talented player can bring more balance to the team. Anyway, we won't be getting kante so it's probably best to move on.

He is not saying that Kante is a better player than Rakitic, he is just claiming that we can a play better with Kante a midfield destroyer which I don't agree with that is all. Kante is talented and had an amazing season but I would wait for one more season to judge his true ability. Schniederlin seemed like an awesome player at Southampton. But after moving to United his performances faded.

gasgas

He is not saying that Kante is a better player than Rakitic, he is just claiming that we can a play better with Kante a midfield destroyer which I don't agree with that is all. Kante is talented and had an amazing season but I would wait for one more season to judge his true ability. Schniederlin seemed like an awesome player at Southampton. But after moving to United his performances faded.

i think scouts will have observed him enough to make a judgement

i certainly disagree to buying a player because he plays with a certain style that "fits barca", most of these players lack the quality for barca
they are barca midfielder style but swansea quality
a player like pjanic has the style but no barca quality
verratti has both style and quality
koke has both
kante has quality and with the current style, he fits for me
fellaini has neither

gasgas

Rakitic is a better passer.

Anyway raktic is not a midfield destroyer. He does extra work of breaking out opposition attacks and running up and down the pitch but that is not his main job. He also provides cover on right wing to enable alves and messi partnership role flourish. Kante is completely different type of midfielder, he is mainly a ball winning midfielder who can drive into the box sometimes kind of like a midfield destroyer. He has to play in the midfield to flourish, the areas where he can make the most impact are the areas where Busi needs to operate his magic. Kante will not help Busi but in turn it will restrict to truly flourish, that is the same reason why we have not shifted to double pivot yet. Lucho wanted to do that start, going for cuadrado and he tried double pivot for sometime which did not end well so he changed Rakitic and Iniesta role and MSN flourished.

One player who can replace Rakitic in current barca is Koke, he can do all the things rakitic can and I believe his short passing is better than Rakitic. Verrati also is a great fit but that will also involve some change is tactics but that can be achieved. I honestly don't think Kante will replace Rakitic. Rakitic is a great player and his role is well defined, he was a very crucial part of our treble season.

i already said kante will not replace rakitic, he will play behind rakitic/iniesta and btw most of those things you mentioned (running, covering for msn, defending) are what kante specializes in
Rakitic is a B2B/#10.

Yeah he defends and runs a lot here but that really doesn't mean he's a pure "Destroyer". even if his role is different here he doesn't just "Defend" he also makes runs into the box and outside MSN he's our highest goal scorer as well. :lol:

what if we free him to score more goals and assist more goals by playing kante behind him to do all the running

Icarium

Lifestealer
Behind Rakitic and Iniesta means replacing Busi. Or do you mean only one of Iniesta or Rakitic will start and Kante will start in double pivot with Busi. I didn't understand. Read my comments again, I said rakitic main job is not running up and down and stopping attacks. That is secondary job.

SeloBarca

Yeah, have you been seeing the euros? And what Rakitic with freedom can do? Having MSN upfront has its costs. Hard to try to have a discussion when you cling to bs like Rakitic "not being creative". Kante won't do anything, as he is not joining Barça.

Even in Croatia rakitic is not the pass creator, thats Modric job.
Rakitic is the one htat drives the ball forward outside the box.

I really like rakitic and dont want him gone, but i would like a more creative CM next to Iniesta and Rakitic.
Once Iniesta lays his boots on the shelf, rakitic can take over his place and play next to that CM.

Last edited:

SeloBarca

:lol:

But the only time any of our attackers have run close to a goal keeper was Ibra against Inter Milan man.... For as much of a flak that Messi gets, he is not really that bad! Besides, it depends on the roles too

For example, Pirlo was never very known for his marathon numbers either! :redbeard:
Neither was Xavi tbh.

gasgas

Behind Rakitic and Iniesta means replacing Busi. Or do you mean only one of Iniesta or Rakitic will start and Kante will start in double pivot with Busi. I didn't understand. Read my comments again, I said rakitic main job is not running up and down and stopping attacks. That is secondary job.

whats the primary job?

Icarium

Lifestealer
whats the primary job?

Rakitic main job is not to act as a destroyer but use his skills on the ball to create space for him and the other players. Also facilitate the connection between messi and dani. He also needs to make runs into the box and act as a decoy or target man for the strikers to allow more freedom. In addition to that he needs to the "dirty" work. Not to forget his goal scoring his threat. All in all Rakitic creates balance in midfield and is a workhorse. He also needs to bring out the ball from the deep to attack. Sometimes he doesn't do it well. Can't find options because of packed defenses that is why messi has to drop deeper. A similar player like rakitic with even more skill and technique with equal disciple could be great. But only verrati comes to mind.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Rakitic main job is not to act as a destroyer but use his skills on the ball to create space for him and the other players. Also facilitate the connection between messi and dani. He also needs to make runs into the box and act as a decoy or target man for the strikers to allow more freedom. In addition to that he needs to the "dirty" work. Not to forget his goal scoring his threat. All in all Rakitic creates balance in midfield and is a workhorse. He also needs to bring out the ball from the deep to attack. Sometimes he doesn't do it well. Can't find options because of packed defenses that is why messi has to drop deeper. A similar player like rakitic with even more skill and technique with equal disciple could be great. But only verrati comes to mind.
Koke too.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Koke too.

Yes him too. Koke or Verratti for 17/18 season would be really awesome. Verratti has to get tired of PSG at some point right? Signing koke will also be very tough, he will cost 70M for sure. But even bigger challenge would be to convince him to move. As long as simeone coaches atleti I don't see it happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans