Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

barcafan161

Lots of people are living in fantasy land when it comes to prices for our targets though. Suddenly, people are talking about 220m euros for Neymar when just a few weeks ago, we were told there was no way any club would sign a player for more than a price around 100m.

PSG and real always can. Thats never changed

barcafan161

The amount of money in football HAS changed and people are still trying to wake up to that fact.

It does worry me when I see Pogba maybe going to Real with a huge fee and us struggling to keep hold of our main guys. Dunno feel abit concerned we may struggle against the likes of Real next season.

Batistuta9

The only player I see fit to replace Ney would be Di Maria.

But it's still not gonna happen, Bartomeu will save the day/world once again for Barca. :worthy:

Same here, possibly reus but he seems to be injury prone. Dybala is a RW like messi, why buy a player and play him out of position.

George_Costanza

Its crazy that people want to play Dybala out of position on the left wing and think we will be able to compensate for the loss of Neymar that way.

It's even crazier for people like you who probably never watched Dybala playing to make such a comment. Dybala is more than just striker, he usually drop deep to collect possession and help construct attacks as well as finish them. He is a player between false 9 and #10 and that would be a perfect replacement for Neymar.

aaron101

So are we always going to have a Neymar soap opera every transfer window? Looks like Neymar and his father are both taking advantage of everything. If they really want bigger money, I would rather see him go this transfer window than to have speculation every season.

Guaporta

It's true that 190M in the current market is possible for a player of Neymar's standards. However, PSG couldn't afford him right away because they'd get in trouble with the FFP-regulations. Real Madrid would be another option, but I don't see him joining our rivals (plus the transfer fee would be higher because of taxes). So even though Neymar is affordable for PSG and Madrid, I don't see him leaving this summer. Next summer would be the moment he could leave for PSG, like all the reports said. That gives Barcelona a good position in the negotiations and could be key in Neymar staying or not. It's clear the player wants to say and has a verbal agreement to extend his contract and because of financial reasons it could only be made official later on this summer (after the Olympics), that's why there are so many rumours about him leaving. My best guess is that Neymar extends his contract after the Olympics, but his father would take every opportunity to have fancy dinners with PSG and Madrid-directors.

And even if Neymar would leave in the summer of 2017, we'd get 190M (!) for him. Paulo Dybala is a second striker for Juventus and could play RW as well, don't really know how he plays at LW. If there's one young attacking player that could 'be played out of his position' and succeed at Barcelona, it would be Dybala. And still, with 60M (just a guess) spend on Dybala; there's 130M left! Barcelona would only get better, even if Neymar leaves the club.

barcafan161

It's true that 190M in the current market is possible for a player of Neymar's standards. However, PSG couldn't afford him right away because they'd get in trouble with the FFP-regulations. Real Madrid would be another option, but I don't see him joining our rivals (plus the transfer fee would be higher because of taxes). So even though Neymar is affordable for PSG and Madrid, I don't see him leaving this summer. Next summer would be the moment he could leave for PSG, like all the reports said. That gives Barcelona a good position in the negotiations and could be key in Neymar staying or not. It's clear the player wants to say and has a verbal agreement to extend his contract and because of financial reasons it could only be made official later on this summer (after the Olympics), that's why there are so many rumours about him leaving. My best guess is that Neymar extends his contract after the Olympics, but his father would take every opportunity to have fancy dinners with PSG and Madrid-directors.

And even if Neymar would leave in the summer of 2017, we'd get 190M (!) for him. Paulo Dybala is a second striker for Juventus and could play RW as well, don't really know how he plays at LW. If there's one young attacking player that could 'be played out of his position' and succeed at Barcelona, it would be Dybala. And still, with 60M (just a guess) spend on Dybala; there's 130M left! Barcelona would only get better, even if Neymar leaves the club.

By then I bet Bybala would cost 100 million.

Guaporta

I don't think so. First of all, Dybala has a dream to play with Messi. As long as he doesn't sign a new long-term contract at Juventus, 100M would be to high. I guess he'd cost us (in this inflated market) around 65M, but with our board of directors you never know. :bartomeu:

Jombi

It's even crazier for people like you who probably never watched Dybala playing to make such a comment. Dybala is more than just striker, he usually drop deep to collect possession and help construct attacks as well as finish them. He is a player between false 9 and #10 and that would be a perfect replacement for Neymar.

I've watched Dybala of course and yes, just because a player drops deep doesnt mean he can play as a LW for us! Its totally different.

Last edited:

George_Costanza

I've watched Dybala of course and yes, just because a player drops deep doesnt mean he can play as a LW for us! Its totally different.

Did Neymar solely play as LW for Santos? No Neymar had free to roam role where ever he chooses in order to receive the ball.
Did you really watch Dybala? then you will know he is a versatile striker who played on the left, middle and right.

This is Juve line up vs. Inter

ca5bffe1da084211a9f470ef7997bdf6_original.jpg

This is vs. Bayern

fab2a6cf23841401928871abf2ded269_original.jpg

As usual, you just argue for the sake of arguing

Guaporta

Football Espana quoted Sport saying that we are interested in Perisic, since we missed out on Nolito?

http://www.football-espana.net/59210/perisic-option-barca

What did I say last night? Just go with 'the flavour of the week'. Who's next? Király?

Called it:
And didn't play for Leverkusen that much because of reckless behaviour (red cards) and injuries. Yeah, lets splash some cash for him.

While we're focussing on our 'candy of the day', should we get Perisic as our fourth attacker? Scored a goal tonight...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans