Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trickykid

Did Neymar solely play as LW for Santos? No Neymar had free to roam role where ever he chooses in order to receive the ball.
Did you really watch Dybala? then you will know he is a versatile striker who played on the left, middle and right.

This is Juve line up vs. Inter

ca5bffe1da084211a9f470ef7997bdf6_original.jpg

This is vs. Bayern

fab2a6cf23841401928871abf2ded269_original.jpg

As usual, you just argue for the sake of arguing

The problem with Dybala as left winger in our system is the fact that he's completely one-footed - and a leftie at that. Nerman on the other hand scores freely with both, giving him a huge advantage when cutting in. This isn't something that Dybala will be able to adapt to just like that.

Besides, about Dybala playing on the left; Transfermarkt has 1 game as left winger during the past three seasons, and Whoscored has 0 this season (their stats doesn't seem to go further back).

i_bleed_blaugrana

Any news on Gabriel Jesus? Like there is our "Neymar replacement" right there but I'll be shocked if Neymar leaves this summer.

Jesus is the player I'm most excited about, I'm not a huge fan of signing SA players who don't have European experience but I see a lot in his game that suggests he could make a successful transition here.

Trickykid

Any news on Gabriel Jesus? Like there is our "Neymar replacement" right there but I'll be shocked if Neymar leaves this summer.

Jesus is the player I'm most excited about, I'm not a huge fan of signing SA players who don't have European experience but I see a lot in his game that suggests he could make a successful transition here.

Never seen him play, so right now I just have this vision of your run-of-the-mill light weight dribbling Brazilian winger/striker. Can you expand on that a bit?

gasgas

The problem with Dybala as left winger in our system is the fact that he's completely one-footed - and a leftie at that. Nerman on the other hand scores freely with both, giving him a huge advantage when cutting in. This isn't something that Dybala will be able to adapt to just like that.

Besides, about Dybala playing on the left; Transfermarkt has 1 game as left winger during the past three seasons, and Whoscored has 0 this season (their stats doesn't seem to go further back).

not all wingers need to cut in everytime,
i miss low crosses from the wing like the ones costa provides

also alexis on his last season here (his most successful scoringwise)
he was exclusively RW while being right footed
and then they can always switch during games

Trickykid

not all wingers need to cut in everytime,
i miss low crosses from the wing like the ones costa provides

also alexis on his last season here (his most successful scoringwise)
he was exclusively RW while being right footed
and then they can always switch during games

Where did I say all wingers need to cut in all the time? Ney does both, thus making him extremely effective and unpredictable. Dybala wouldn't be able to replicate that, as he's simply not as versatile. And yeah, switching sides is all good and dandy... When you have someone to switch with, at least. Or do you expect Messi to suddenly start occupying the left wing occasionally?

Dybala is a great player, no doubt, and perhaps he could learn to become a great left-winger as well, but I wouldn't entertain any illusions that he'd fill Neymar's shoes anytime soon.

gasgas

Where did I say all wingers need to cut in all the time? Ney does both, thus making him extremely effective and unpredictable. Dybala wouldn't be able to replicate that, as he's simply not as versatile. And yeah, switching sides is all good and dandy... When you have someone to switch with, at least. Or do you expect Messi to suddenly start occupying the left wing occasionally?

Dybala is a great player, no doubt, and perhaps he could learn to become a great left-winger as well, but I wouldn't entertain any illusions that he'd fill Neymar's shoes anytime soon.

neymar cuts in a looot more than he crosses
he can switch with Suarez just like how messi does it at times with Suarez

there are many wingers that play on the side of their stronger foot with good effect e.g douglas costa, coman, di maria, robben sometimes plays LW, cuadrado, arda at atletico,

BTW im not exactly in favor of us signing Dybala, but i think it is not impossible for him to play for our front three (just trying to draw the positives from his signing if it happens)

God Serena

God knows why we didn't get nolito for 18 million euros that's damn cheap...

Do wonder what other forward we are targeting.

His age was a major issue. At 29 years old he'd not be likely to contribute for very long, and we tend to sign players for 4-5 year contracts. We could very quickly find ourselves in another Arda Turan situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans