Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
LMAO. During the group stage: our midfield is great, look at how Iniesta and Rakitic are playing. After Ro16: They're all shit! Doom, gloom, pass the shrooms. :rofl1:

To be fair, folks are Barcaforum are divided on this: Those of us who think our midfield has been poor for a while have been saying that for a while, while those who think our midfield is fine have been saying that for a while too.

Nobody had a sudden change of heart during the Euro.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Munir treatment means he will gets minutes with 1st team but will still be mainly used in B team.
Players need minutes,but sometimes a mix of minutes at low level along few minutes and training at the highest level can be better at times.
Not trying to make a comparison,but Messi himself got this treatment back in 2004/2005 season from Rijkaard and it wasn't too bad for him.usually every youngster have to start with little minutes at the 1st team at some point

As long as it's not the Munir 2nd season treatment.

God Serena

As long as it's not the Munir 2nd season treatment.

Munir in his second season showed he clearly needed more time with Barca B and shouldn't have been promoted so quickly. Just based on the nightmare season Barca B had, the correct course of action would have probably been to release/sell Dongou and make one of Sandro or Munir the top striker for them so they could build up the experience without having Dongou block their progress despite being clearly inferior. Barca B could have probably earned promotion, even with the transfer ban, doing this, and it's not like Munir/Sandro were getting too old for the B team.

spark

LMAO. During the group stage: our midfield is great, look at how Iniesta and Rakitic are playing. After Ro16: They're all shit! Doom, gloom, pass the shrooms. :rofl1:

Its not even the same people is it. The entire argument that they are held back by tactics at the club died a quiet and swift death though. Fact is that once they come up against a team that ups the tempo and doesn't cede possession they are chasing shadows because they can't run faster than walking pace. Swap the shirts and it was the same as watching Valencia and Atletico stroll past them. It doesn't matter against 90% of the teams but if the front 3 aren't firing on all cylinders and we face a high tempo team same thing will repeat itself while the club buries its head in the sand about the state of the midfield.

Icarium

Lifestealer
it didnt work?
there’s no evidence to support that

In the Lusi Enrique first season Mestalla best example, started with double pivot pretty much horrible performance, then Mathieu came off switched to single pivot we were dominating and got the winning goal. And also at Bayern away once we put double pivot we were pretty horrible and conceded a goal immediately. These are not the only matches, couple of other matches but I don't recall them exactly. But happily Lucho learnt his lesson. I have already explained this to you, but here it goes anyway Busi performs best as a single pivot, with another player alongside him at DM it restricts the space he can operate and devoid the team of creativity. Time and time again this has proven to be done, we can have a box to box midfielder alongside him but definitely not another DM. It just doesn't work.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Can someone tell me what the situation is with Umtiti?
Have we signed him or nah?

It's pretty much done deal according to rumors. Some say it is done and waiting to be announched after the EUROs, some say we are still yet to agree a fee with Lyon. But I'm sure it will be done right after the EUROs.

gasgas

In the Lusi Enrique first season Mestalla best example, started with double pivot pretty much horrible performance, then Mathieu came off switched to single pivot we were dominating and got the winning goal. And also at Bayern away once we put double pivot we were pretty horrible and conceded a goal immediately. These are not the only matches, couple of other matches but I don't recall them exactly. But happily Lucho learnt his lesson. I have already explained this to you, but here it goes anyway Busi performs best as a single pivot, with another player alongside him at DM it restricts the space he can operate and devoid the team of creativity. Time and time again this has proven to be done, we can have a box to box midfielder alongside him but definitely not another DM. It just doesn't work.
i think you also remember Suarez missing a good number of sitters that same game and getting a goal wrongly disallowed. We created a lot of chances that game

i can mention am even bigger game where double pivot changed the game.
el classico last season.
we dominated the second half because Busquets joined Masche in midfield
with the two of them on, Real Madrid could no longer outrun us in midfield and we penetrated RMA almost at will

Icarium

Lifestealer
i think you also remember Suarez missing a good number of sitters that same game and getting a goal wrongly disallowed. We created a lot of chances that game

i can mention am even bigger game where double pivot changed the game.
el classico last season.
we dominated the second half because Busquets joined Masche in midfield
with the two of them on, Real Madrid could no longer outrun us in midfield and we penetrated RMA almost at will

That is example how crucial Busquets was in that match to gain control of the midfield. Not the effectiveness of double pivot. Plain and simple. It is so frustrating to watch barca when we play masch and busi in midfield. All the creativity gone and very lethargic in passing.

Double pivot works maybe againsy teams that press high and counter attack. And also when you are the team playing defensively. When we want to dominate possession in opposition half why do you need a double pivot. Just get a good box to box midfielder.

Last edited:

gasgas

That is example how crucial Busquets was in that match to gain control of the midfield. Not the effectiveness of double pivot. Plain and simple. It is so frustrating to watch barca when we play masch and busi in midfield. All the creativity gone and very lethargic in passing.

Double pivot works maybe againsy teams that press high and counter attack. And also when you are the team playing defensively. When we want to dominate possession in opposition half why do you need a double pivot. Just get a good box to box midfielder.
Yeah he was crucial because in that half he was relieved of defensive duties by mascherano and focused more on link up and as a result Real Madrid was no longer able to outrun us

it's frustrating to watch you say?
how many times did we play with it?

works against teams that press high and counter?
dont we face such teams everytime? sevilla, atleti, real, etc?
box to box midfielder for possession football and not a playmaking CM?

gasgas

To be fair, folks are Barcaforum are divided on this: Those of us who think our midfield has been poor for a while have been saying that for a while, while those who think our midfield is fine have been saying that for a while too.

Nobody had a sudden change of heart during the Euro.

just for the record
i have always thought it's poor and needs elite midfield additions

Icarium

Lifestealer
Yeah he was crucial because in that half he was relieved of defensive duties by mascherano and focused more on link up and as a result Real Madrid was no longer able to outrun us

So you are basically saying Busi should play more like CM and not as the sole DM (his best position) that he needs be relieved of his defensive duties? Where did you even get this idea. One of the masterclass abilities of busi is the way he defends. You want to restrict the same thing just so we could fit in another DM? Are you suggesting you know more than Lucho and that having Busi Masch as DM partners is better than having Iniesta Rakitic Busi midfield?

That match Busi got more control to the midfield and we just passed sideways and frustrated Real and couple of decent counters. If we are starting like that we could be so predictable (Like Mestalla match) and god forbid if we concede no way we will come back with double pivot. It restricts our style a lot. They were outrunning us because Masch started at DM and Rakitic was brain dead after few minutes.

it's frustrating to watch you say?
how many times did we play with it?

I gave you couple of examples before

works against teams that press high and counter?
dont we face such teams everytime? sevilla, atleti, real, etc?
box to box midfielder for possession football and not a playmaking CM?

It is better than getting another DM, if you are so conserved about defensive duties of busi. Best thing we need a playmaker who acts as a engine by putting numbers in distance and helps in defense kind of like koke or verratti.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans