Denis 3m
+ Jesus 20m or Gameiro
+ no midfielders

Option 2:
Umtiti 32m
Lemos 10m
Denis 3m
+ Andre Gomes 40m
- no Cfs, Denis, Munir and Arda will play as a Lw and Rw when needed.
But since Messi retired from NT team, and since Ney can't be benched also, our only option to play a 4th striker is if someone is injured.

F

Flavia

Rafinha, Roberto, Alena, Denis... Nah, let's sign Gomes! and add to 8 other midfielders we already have.

Roberto will play RB this season. Rafinha is injury prone, and Denis is a question mark. I have no hype for him, think he'll be only a squad player. A player like Gomes would me welcomed by me. If arda was sold, even better.

khaled_a_d

Roberto will play RB this season. Rafinha is injury prone, and Denis is a question mark. I have no hype for him, think he'll be only a squad player. A player like Gomes would me welcomed by me. If arda was sold, even better.

Rafinha isn't injury prone,kid has only one major injury in his career due to brutal tackle.Denis will stay in the team and will get minutes in midfield.Roberto will play as RB mainly but would still rotate in midfield too.
The squad depth in that line is still very good tbf. i think we can wait a year and asses what we have b4 breaking the back for someone

BBZ8800

The squad depth in that line is still very good tbf. i think we can wait a year and asses what we have b4 breaking the back for someone

Depth: good
Quality outside starting duo (Iniesta-Raki): poor for the highest level

Imagine CL semis, Raki is injured.
Who will play? Iniesta-Rafinha?

Or, even worse, imagine Iniesta suspended+Raki injured.
And we play against Bayern or Real with what, Rafinha-Denis duo?
Or even worse, imagine playing with Atletico with some of these combinations.

Out of top 3-4 teams, we are a team with weakest midfield quality currently.
And surely with the weakest 3rd player (1st sub in a midfield).

hulinat

Depth: good
Quality outside starting duo (Iniesta-Raki): poor for the highest level

Imagine CL semis, Raki is injured.
Who will play? Iniesta-Rafinha?

Or, even worse, imagine Iniesta suspended+Raki injured.
And we play against Bayern or Real with what, Rafinha-Denis duo?
Or even worse, imagine playing with Atletico with some of these combinations.

Out of top 3-4 teams, we are a team with weakest midfield quality currently.
And surely with the weakest 3rd player (1st sub in a midfield).

Did you not watch Denis at all last season? Sergei can play in midfield in case someone gets injured and he already proved that he can play in big games like last seasons clasico.

malvolio

Dybala has attracted the interest of Barca as a result and Gustavo Mascardi, who runs Grupo Mascardi – the group which represents the player – has revealed a big-money move to Camp Nou was turned down by the 22-year-old.
"Will he stay at Juventus for a long time? The transfer market can offer many temptations, but Paulo has shown that he has clear ideas," Mascardi told Gazzamercato.

"It is true that in recent months Barcelona were interested - I think they made a bid of double what the Bianconeri paid [€80m].

"But the player's first consideration was that it was more important to consolidate his experience at a club which is giving him the opportunity to succeed at the highest level."

F

Flavia

Rafinha isn't injury prone,kid has only one major injury in his career due to brutal tackle.Denis will stay in the team and will get minutes in midfield.Roberto will play as RB mainly but would still rotate in midfield too.

He is. He got injured again, a different injury, just recently, and couldn't play copa america. Still doubtful for the olympics. And I don't have high hopes for Denis. I don't think he's better than Roberto or Rafinha.

spark

Whatever. Mock and ridicule as much as you want, I couldnt care less. Gomes is nothing special. I prefer Roberto and Denis. Denis definitely has had a much better season than Gomes.

He has a better passing range than both and is far ether technically than Roberto. And even in a poor season for his standards he still performed better than Denis against Madrid and Barca.

Trickykid

I kinda agree with Jombi here. Perhaps I just haven't seen Gomes enough, but he hasn't impressed me near enough to warrant a 40M (or in the ballpark) transfer fee.

Denis had at least as good a season as Gomes did, but he already seems to be deemed barely good enough to be a fringe player here.

If the choice is between a 40M Gomes and putting a but of faith in our own young midfielders, then it's a no-brainer for me.

George_Costanza

I kinda agree with Jombi here. Perhaps I just haven't seen Gomes enough, but he hasn't impressed me near enough to warrant a 40M (or in the ballpark) transfer fee.

Denis had at least as good a season as Gomes did, but he already seems to be deemed barely good enough to be a fringe player here.

If the choice is between a 40M Gomes and putting a but of faith in our own young midfielders, then it's a no-brainer for me.

Gomez for 40m?! lol

20-25m max

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans