Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils

What's the buyback on Denis? like 3-4 million?

If we have ~40m for backup striker and RB it should be manageable.

Jombi

Only a top RB would be around 40m.

Are you talking about trying to sign a RB from a rich club? Trying to sign players like Aurier is VERY unrealistic unless the rich club WANTS to sell, because of his behavior. The train passed when he signed for PSG from Toulouse. If we want to be smart, we buy the players from Toulouse, not trying to sign from PSG and Man U.

Last edited:

Devils

Well there aren't many realistic options to choose from, if any.

If we do sign a RB, I don't it's going to be one of the big names.

Galning

Barto also said we could "Borrow" money from the next seasons transfer budget when needed.

:lol:

He is a master in "flexible accounting".
No matter what he says, the thing is that resources are limited. Especially compared to the clubs we have to compete with.

SeloBarca

If we sign a midfielder or RB i rather we buy a really good one instead of a "decent" one.
We already tried that with Vidal and *cough* Douglas, and now they are just warming the bench hardly playing any games.
Same with midfield, we have Iniesta, Rakitic, Turan, Rafinha, Roberto and now Suarez, and except from Ineista and maybe Rakitic the rest are only benchwarming quality.
We keep fillign the squad with benchwarmers instead of quality players.
If we cant sign a top notch player in those positions, dont buy anyone.

serghei

Are you talking about trying to sign a RB from a rich club? Trying to sign players like Aurier is VERY unrealistic unless the rich club WANTS to sell, because of his behavior. The train passed when he signed for PSG from Toulouse. If we want to be smart, we buy the players from Toulouse, not trying to sign from PSG and Man U.

You do that when you already have a good option in that position. You can't just sign someone from Toulouse and teleport that man in Barca's starting line-up. You sign that player 2 seasons before your starter leaves preferably. We didn't do that, we wasted years having Montoya there, a player with no future, when we could have had a promising young player growing with the team and taking Alves' place at the right time.

Aleix Vidal has 6 months with the team and it's still not enough for him to fit in. By the time he will be ready, if ever, we're gonna have a big problem on the right. Sergi Roberto doesn't impress me in any way as a right-back, the teams we play against, leave him open because they don't see him as a threat at all. They just crowd Messi more and leave Roberto free most of the times.

Last edited:

El Guaje

If we sign a midfielder or RB i rather we buy a really good one instead of a "decent" one.
We already tried that with Vidal and *cough* Douglas, and now they are just warming the bench hardly playing any games.
Same with midfield, we have Iniesta, Rakitic, Turan, Rafinha, Roberto and now Suarez, and except from Ineista and maybe Rakitic the rest are only benchwarming quality.
We keep fillign the squad with benchwarmers instead of quality players.
If we cant sign a top notch player in those positions, dont buy anyone.

Lol @ Sergi Roberto being benchwarming material after the season hes had.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
No Lemons and that other Brazilian. Bart said there will be only one defender.

40 million are left and we are looking for a forward and I won't be surprised if we pay Gameiro's release clause which is also exactly 40 million.

No backup lb probably. Mathieu and Umtiti will cover.

No starting RB (or any?). Simply no money left. Roberto will be full blown RB and Douglas the backup (Barto said it's hard to leave Barca when asked about him)

Messi983

40M are more than enough to buy a backup to MSN and Alba.

[tw]748500597637189632[/tw]
Damn. Umtiti is the first signing then.

Well, officially we can't buy Denis before July 1st so that's why Bartomeu said that. He's as good as done deal though and will be confirmed over the next few days.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Why did he say Umtiti is all but done then?

Denis is playing hardball will low release clause demand, I am pretty sure of it.

Pablo Escobar

What about Vidal as option for RB and where is the extra dough in the transfer budget from selling Marc and putting aside 1 year of Alves salary?

Omg we're poor. :D

gasgas

The only feeling right now is confusion as to what on earth you're blabbering about.

...probably about as confused as you are to those strange women-folk in the relationship thread, I'd imagine.

:lol:
don't worry.
Just take sometime to welcome Um....titi

Messi983

Because we have a deal with Lyon and Umtiti.

We don't officialy have a deal with Villarreal yet, because we can't execute Denis's clause before tomorrow. And there were absolutely no rumours about Denis over the last two weeks since it was reported he has agreed his terms with Barça. If they were still negotiating no doubt media would be all over that.

SeloBarca

Lol @ Sergi Roberto being benchwarming material after the season hes had.

He wasi not starting in either RB or midfield.
Hes not a natural RB and and are only decent at the position, he cant defend very well.
He did alright and i can cope with having him there for 1 year if we can get a really good midfielder instead.
But in no way should he be our permanent solution for RB.
ManC bought Gündogan for 25m, thats a steal. Woulda been ideal signing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans