Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jombi

You do that when you already have a good option in that position. You can't just sign someone from Toulouse and teleport that man in Barca's starting line-up. You sign that player 2 seasons before your starter leaves preferably. We didn't do that, we wasted years having Montoya there, a player with no future, when we could have had a promising young player growing with the team and taking Alves' place at the right time.

Aleix Vidal has 6 months with the team and it's still not enough for him to fit in. By the time he will be ready, if ever, we're gonna have a big problem on the right. Sergi Roberto doesn't impress me in any way as a right-back, the teams we play against, leave him open because they don't see him as a threat at all. They just crowd Messi more and leave Roberto free most of the times.

Well, to sign players from PSG, Man U, Chelsea etc is just pipe dreams at this point.

Vidal had hardly played RB in his career and lets be honest, the guy played in Segunda until he was 24. Aurier had 2 great seasons as one of the best right backs in France before PSG bought him from Toulouse for a mere 8m euros. I am far from as pessimistic as you about Roberto as RB. I think he has excellent qualities. So to buy a versatile player from teams like Toulouse, Marseille, Torino or Lille, I dont see a problem with that at all. Lets say we buy someone like Bruno Peres from Torino or Ricardo Pereira from Nice/Porto. They are two of the best full backs in Ligue 1 and Serie A, can play on both sides, are great going forward, fast, great dribblers, low risk, good value in the market.

Last edited:

El Guaje

He wasi not starting in either RB or midfield.
Hes not a natural RB and and are only decent at the position, he cant defend very well.
He did alright and i can cope with having him there for 1 year if we can get a really good midfielder instead.
But in no way should he be our permanent solution for RB.
ManC bought Gündogan for 25m, thats a steal. Woulda been ideal signing.

He was the 1st backup as both RB and in midfield. Actually, he did start as RB in quite many games and he didnt dissapoint apart from a very few games. I dont know where you get "he cant defend very well" from because defending is actually what he was incredibly good at. 1v1 situations, covering, heading, you name it.

Gundogan wouldve been awesome... Too bad Barca went for the overpriced old shitty Turan who was outperformed by the long term injured Rafinha.

Last edited:

SeloBarca

Gundogan wouldve been awesome... Too bad Barca went for the overpriced old shitty Turan who was outperformed by the long term injured Rafinha.

The board seem to much rather sign players in LaLiga than players from other leagues.
Gündogan is twice the player Turan is, costs less, and would fit the CM role we need 10x better.
But yea, that dream is gone. And Verratti is not even a dream.

khaled_a_d

No Lemons and that other Brazilian. Bart said there will be only one defender.

40 million are left and we are looking for a forward and I won't be surprised if we pay Gameiro's release clause which is also exactly 40 million.

No backup lb probably. Mathieu and Umtiti will cover.

No starting RB (or any?). Simply no money left. Roberto will be full blown RB and Douglas the backup (Barto said it's hard to leave Barca when asked about him)

Marlon deal already done,but he is for Barca B and a loan.His thread should have been moved to La Masia forum like you did with Umtiti

We aren't gonna pay 40M for Gameiro.That is the reason we are going for other options and IiRC Barto said today we prefer younger option.And even talked in a diplomatic way about G.Jesus
We will have plenty of money for back up Fullback IMO.40m remaining and we could extra 5-10M for Vermaelen,Song,Montoya,Tello.Halilovic selling

Why did he say Umtiti is all but done then?

Denis is playing hardball will low release clause demand, I am pretty sure of it.

Lyon announced the deal b4 the press conference ,what did you expect him to say?
And Denis already said he is gonna return.the deal is as good as done

Last edited:

Jombi

There isnt much money left. Gotta go for Gabriel Jesus for 24m and Bruno Peres (Torino) for 15m. Cant afford more than that.

And we can count them as 5 signings (LF, CF, RF, LB and RB). :D

Last edited:

opjeoff

I wouldnt mind Peres however he hasnt even been linked with us. Theres are rumours here that Watford bid for him. I dont think Watford would even bid if our name was mentioned to Peres.

Vidal didnt play often last season because we had Alves, maybe he is the decent rb we want. Also I dont think we'll sign a LB. We have Alba,Mathieu,Vermaelen and now Umtiti who can all play LB. Senseless to waste the already low amount we have on a LB. However I feel we wont sign a RB either. Sigh.

Jombi

I wouldnt mind Peres however he hasnt even been linked with us. Theres are rumours here that Watford bid for him. I dont think Watford would even bid if our name was mentioned to Peres.

Vidal didnt play often last season because we had Alves, maybe he is the decent rb we want. Also I dont think we'll sign a LB. We have Alba,Mathieu,Vermaelen and now Umtiti who can all play LB. Senseless to waste the already low amount we have on a LB. However I feel we wont sign a RB either. Sigh.

We werent linked with Umtiti either until recently! And sometimes we buy players who we havent been linked to for weeks and months. It happens as well.

God Serena

Vidal didnt play often last season because we had Alves
, maybe he is the decent rb we want. Also I dont think we'll sign a LB. We have Alba,Mathieu,Vermaelen and now Umtiti who can all play LB. Senseless to waste the already low amount we have on a LB. However I feel we wont sign a RB either. Sigh.

No, Vidal didn't play often because he pissed off the one man you don't want to piss off.

Nucky

40M are more than enough to buy a backup to MSN and Alba.

Well, officially we can't buy Denis before July 1st so that's why Bartomeu said that. He's as good as done deal though and will be confirmed over the next few days.

Well I hope he is comfirmed soon..

malvolio

we dodged the nolito bullet. let's focus on some young attackers.

i would also like for us to sell arda and get a good midfielder this summer. we need something fresh there.

Professor Chaos

I guess it's time to bring back Ben Yedder topic on top as striker transfer. Gameiro is too expensive and that Brazilian Jesus is next installment for Neymar. I started to have doubts about Vietto although I was very excited about him.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
¡Ay, caramba!

What the literal fuck. Why not go for Grosicki, Kuba or Cabbage guy if we lower the bar. He might've done okay fro Croatia but he's rarely shined for clubs. Why not go for that Chilean Vargas if that's what we're looking for...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans