Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Barto confirmed Umtiti is the only signing as far as Centre Backs are concerned. We will sign a forward I am sure of that, but another midfielder or RB. Yet to see.

I guess we will have to live with only getting one CB then, at least it looks like Masch will be staying and let's hope Mathieu will stay healthy. Vermaelen I believe is on his way out? If he is gone that leaves us with 4 CBs, perhaps we can manage.

On LB I guess we are expecting Umtiti to cover for Alba if the latter is injured?

On RB it looks like we will have to rely on Roberto and Vidal, no additions there whatsoever.

serghei

I"m fine with Umtiti as backup for Alba. He's better than Mathieu so that is good news. Still, striker and right back need to be signed imo. Otherwise we'll have to take some gambles that might do us harm later in the season.

Icarium

Lifestealer
I guess we will have to live with only getting one CB then, at least it looks like Masch will be staying and let's hope Mathieu will stay healthy. Vermaelen I believe is on his way out? If he is gone that leaves us with 4 CBs, perhaps we can manage.

On LB I guess we are expecting Umtiti to cover for Alba if the latter is injured?

On RB it looks like we will have to rely on Roberto and Vidal, no additions there whatsoever.

RB is my only concern. Leaving just Roberto who had almost non existent experience in that position and vidal who hasn't shown enough promise to fill up that spot is little worrying. It will be our weakest position without doubt. I hope it works.

Icarium

Lifestealer
We are signing Denis so Gomes doesn't make much sense. Tielmans on the other hand could be a great future investment. Probably sign him and loan him kinda thing.

God Serena

I think that if Sergi had a run of games at RB he'd actually do well. When Dani was injured early in the season he was actually very good there. It was only when he became a CM, RW, CDM, LB, etc. that his performances at RB stagnated.

Stric

Incredible how people consistently refuse to read what it's in front of them. I literally said Perišić would be an improvement in comparison to what we have now, which doesn't mean he's the best choice. How on Earth someone understands that as "there's no better choice" and starts throwing better options at me, I can't fathom.

too much noise for a shitty rumor from the croatian press. just the flavor of the month being linked to a major club.

Yes, that's probably all it is. I wouldn't take it seriously.

SeloBarca

Xavi Simons needs to become 5-6 years older XD

Can probably get Weigl for 15m or so, might be worth trying him out as a CM

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Xavi Simons needs to become 5-6 years older XD

Can probably get Weigl for 15m or so, might be worth trying him out as a CM

Let's hope Xavi Simons will not be plucked by Real Madrid (which I believe showed interest in him) and other clubs like Arsenal before he matures.

On Weigl, I don't think BVB will let him go since they just got him last year and he is considered one of the brightest CDM prospects out there, certainly not for 15m. I watched him a few times when he was with TSV 1860, he was playing more up front than his current role at BVB. His passing is very good to be a good CM but I think his creativity needs to be improved. His "template" is still Busquets at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans