Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeloBarca

Let's hope Xavi Simons will not be plucked by Real Madrid (which I believe showed interest in him) and other clubs like Arsenal before he matures.

On Weigl, I don't think BVB will let him go since they just got him last year and he is considered one of the brightest CDM prospects out there, certainly not for 15m. I watched him a few times when he was with TSV 1860, he was playing more up front than his current role at BVB. His passing is very good to be a good CM but I think his creativity needs to be improved. His "template" is still Busquets at this point.

Ye Weigl needs to be "polished" a bit more. Ive watched alot of creative midfielders lately and theres barely any, and most of them use crossballs a bit to much were we mostly play on the ground.
Need to up his tempo, passing quicker etc.

Zincubus

Banned
RB is my only concern. Leaving just Roberto who had almost non existent experience in that position and vidal who hasn't shown enough promise to fill up that spot is little worrying. It will be our weakest position without doubt. I hope it works.

TalkSport said we were in talks with Bellerin's people ...

Egert

Estonian Culé
There is still 2 months ahead of the transfer window. When we first were linked with Umtiti, no one even believed that and now it's done. So I think we will sign a ST/CF and a RB, maybe our targets are still unkown and or even if they are linked to us there are not that many rumors about them joining. Even Luisito transfer happened while no one even knew about that and at one point it just happened.

F

Flavia

img_dsalvador_20160702-004442_imagenes_md_otras_fuentes_portada_02.jpg

MD putting Andre Gomes on their cover. They're saying he's the favorite to reinforce the midfield.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Now Mundo Deportivo going with the André Gomes rumor.

I like Gomes though wary of his inconsistentcy...

Before anyone says Denis is better then I'll say his first season for Valencia was better than Denis' best for Villarreal.

They are different kind of players and even midfielders if you want a fair comparison and there's a few things going for one player and the other.

He's better, he's worse...1st grade comments...not that easy to judge them. And I'm a very big fan of Denis ever since he joined the B team which anyone can see in the relevant threads. Covering that point too before anyone swoops in calling me a hater or sth.

Back to the point; While I think the midfield will need reinforcements, perhaps the best time would be next Summer so we can properly consider the options available. Some players that are rumored to be leaving and later becoming unattainable, might just still be there next year.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

I"m fine with Umtiti as backup for Alba. He's better than Mathieu so that is good news. Still, striker and right back need to be signed imo. Otherwise we'll have to take some gambles that might do us harm later in the season.

We need a decent back up striker and a world class midfielder. I am worried about our midfield. Iniesta is aging and Rakitic, Turan need to improve. Right back is Roberto and Vidal can back up for him.

xXKonan

Depending on who wrote the Gomes piece on MD, kinda surprised if true we are trying to get another midfielder this window.

I always assume it was a Umtiti-Denis-LB-FW we were focusing on.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

xXKonan

Oriol Domenech(another very reliable and great journalist) and Javier Gascon(don't know much about him)

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbo...gomes-o-sergi-samper-en-el-barca-2016-17.html

I do however suspect that Domenech only contributed to the Samper part of the story.
Yeah I read it and it sounds like this is going to be a tricky one.

The price alone is going to be a hard hurdle to over come. But this one has Mou-Mendes finger prints all over it, which would be another challenge as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans