Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlx3

David Luiz is poor at CB. That is a fact. Watch Chelsea and you will see it. Even Mou rearly plays him as a CB. Last time he did, against West Brom he did very poorly. He starded only 10 games as a CB this season.

Today he played CB again. Here are some highlights.

15-02-2014-GifNumber-147.gif

15-02-2014-GifNumber-146.gif

Galning

He is a shite CB, never needed that City footage to realize it. Everybody who genuinely thinks he is the solution to our centre back problem just doesn't know football.

vglkis.jpg

SeloBarca

People just want him becouse of Conf Cup. Hes really bad as CB normally and rarely plays in that position. And he charges forward way to often, leaving the defence exposed

i_bleed_blaugrana

Lol whatever.

I'd say Luiz wasn't directly at fault for either goals and if any of you actually watched the game, you'd realize that Chelsea were simply poor throughout the game. With absolutely no meaningful possession going forward and a solid press from City, any CB is going to struggle. I'd only critique Luiz for switching off with raising his arm, not a good time to switch off but part of that is frustration from City's pressure.

He also showed some good glimpses on the ball, great long range passing that was inventive. Many times I saw him in possession looking to make a pass with no movement whatsoever in front of him. Wouldn't be a problem here. Most of City's moves developed either in the MF or away from Luiz too, its not like he was the weak link in the back four. Again, if he played on a team that was more positive and offensive and less reliant on dropping deep and playing boring ass football, he would shine.

So in other words, the game against City doesn't change my opinion of Luiz. I think he would be a great addition to the squad and I encourage many of you not to let ^^ gifs and highlights dictate your perception of a player, they are often deceiving.

Barcilliant

lol whatever.

I'd say luiz wasn't directly at fault for either goals and if any of you actually watched the game, you'd realize that chelsea were simply poor throughout the game. With absolutely no meaningful possession going forward and a solid press from city, any cb is going to struggle. I'd only critique luiz for switching off with raising his arm, not a good time to switch off but part of that is frustration from city's pressure.

He also showed some good glimpses on the ball, great long range passing that was inventive. Many times i saw him in possession looking to make a pass with no movement whatsoever in front of him. Wouldn't be a problem here. Most of city's moves developed either in the mf or away from luiz too, its not like he was the weak link in the back four. Again, if he played on a team that was more positive and offensive and less reliant on dropping deep and playing boring ass football, he would shine.

So in other words, the game against city doesn't change my opinion of luiz. I think he would be a great addition to the squad and i encourage many of you not to let ^^ gifs and highlights dictate your perception of a player, they are often deceiving.

bingo!

dlx3

Lol whatever.

I'd say Luiz wasn't directly at fault for either goals and if any of you actually watched the game, you'd realize that Chelsea were simply poor throughout the game. With absolutely no meaningful possession going forward and a solid press from City, any CB is going to struggle. I'd only critique Luiz for switching off with raising his arm, not a good time to switch off but part of that is frustration from City's pressure.

He also showed some good glimpses on the ball, great long range passing that was inventive. Many times I saw him in possession looking to make a pass with no movement whatsoever in front of him. Wouldn't be a problem here. Most of City's moves developed either in the MF or away from Luiz too, its not like he was the weak link in the back four. Again, if he played on a team that was more positive and offensive and less reliant on dropping deep and playing boring ass football, he would shine.

So in other words, the game against City doesn't change my opinion of Luiz. I think he would be a great addition to the squad and I encourage many of you not to let ^^ gifs and highlights dictate your perception of a player, they are often deceiving.

Cmon @i_bleed_blaugrana it's not about the gifs, it's about him being a poor central defender. It's about Chelsea fans not wanting him to play as a CB and it's about Mourinho not wanting to play him as a CB. He cost Chelsea two points agains WestBrom last week and performed very poorly again yesterday where he is to be blamed for at least one of the goals they have conceded.

And why even bothering to talk about lack of possesion in Chelsea's game. If he eventually finds his way to Barca, he will be WAY more exposed and you know that. Chelsea are playing with double pivot Matić-Mikel and with Ramires who is basically a CDM on a wing. Not to mention Ivanović is also central defender playing on left. With all this coverage Luiz is still performing badly. I feel pain when I imagine him and Pique with Alba and Alves on the flanks...

Howes

I agree with everything @i_bleed_blaugrana, it's what I've been saying for a while. But this this season has gone to far. His defending has been woeful and he's costing Chelsea points. Even playing with our nice high line he'd still switch off and all to often cost us goals. Even his goal scoring record has gone down this season, his saving grace in previous seasons.
David Luiz is the lazy answer to the obvious solution,

Barcelona need to new Puyol, a no nonsense Centre back,

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I've seen so much of him that I don't need those GIFs to make a judgement.

If we're getting Luiz for his great long passing range then we might just get a DM and stick him at CB because that would be just as good or even better.

I hope we get a CB who can actually defend.

F

Flavia

I've seen so much of him that I don't need those GIFs to make a judgement.

If we're getting Luiz for his great long passing range then we might just get a DM and stick him at CB because that would be just as good or even better.

I hope we get a CB who can actually defend.

Me too. Luiz is not the CB Barça needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans