Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

coura

Banned
Vertonghen is a terrible fit for Barca and not as good as Luiz.

If Barca paid 25m for Vertonghen it would be a bad move. He is so over rated on this forum it is unreal.

A terrible fit? lol. Why is that. Please enlight me. Pace, skill, good long ball passing, scores goals, speed, stamina, physicality, good positioning, good header in attack and defense, and a tall guy.
Yes, a dreadfull choice. Oh my.

Is he over rated by everyone or under rated by you?

Last edited:

JamDav1982

A terrible fit? lol. Why is that. Please enlight me. Pace, skill, good long ball passing, scores goals, speed, stamina, physicality, good positioning, good header in attack and defense, and a tall guy.
Yes, a dreadfull choice. Oh my.

Is he over rated by everyone or under rated by you?

He doesnt have half those attributes you mentioned.

For someone that supposedly has 'pace and positioning' he is fucking terrible against pacey and techincal players.

Have seen it time and again.

Not good enough for Barca by a long way.

khaled_a_d

For 25M you can get Verthongen, a lot better. And i doubt that chelsea sell him to barça for that price. I don´t trust Luiz. He´s a knucklehead. Mourinho knows is shit when it comes to defenders.

Benatia is another good choice.

Barca want him for that price ,If it is more then we won't get him so no problem there ,it seems that we won't pay more for a CB
And if he is up for sale I would rather negotiate with a Chelsea under Mourinho than the guy who sold Bale for around 100M ,Vertonghen won't cost less than 30M ,35 would probably be the price
As for Benatia ,I doubt he will cost less than Luiz , and Honestly I don't like the previous experience for Calcio defenders who went to Barca and Real in the last decade ,Samuel/Thuram/Zambrotta/Cannavaro all looked like they took step back when they came to Spain ,could be b/c of age though and he might be a better choice (seems like the forum favorite )
Honestly ppl are underrating Luiz ,he has all physical tools and talent we need for Barca CB ,his main problem is his mistakes and inconsistent form which ain't good for a CB but the fact is that the market isn't filled with defenders and it seems that the days when defenders was supposed to cost a lot less than than other players are over ,we won't get established CB for less than 25M and we don't have good scouting to get the next Varane/Marquinhos

X

Xavimascapenes

Why do Barca keep getting linked with defenders that are bad at defending? Vermaelen, Luiz, Vertonghen are all not good at ball-playing but not so much at acual defensive positioning. You need someone whose main job will be to defend, Piquenbauer and Bartranbauer are good enough at ball-playing.

barca1899

Why do Barca keep getting linked with defenders that are bad at defending? Vermaelen, Luiz, Vertonghen are all not good at ball-playing but not so much at acual defensive positioning. You need someone whose main job will be to defend, Piquenbauer and Bartranbauer are good enough at ball-playing.

*Bartresi

Blancone

Dinamo Zagreb president has confirmed Halilovic to Barca after the season!!!

OH LAWDY LAWDY LAWDY LAWWWWWWWWWWDDDDD

MY BODY WAS NOT READY FOR THIS. The best midfield prospect in the world (tied with Oliver Torres) and he's ours!

We Croatian now.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Dinamo Zagreb president has confirmed Halilovic to Barca after the season!!!

OH LAWDY LAWDY LAWDY LAWWWWWWWWWWDDDDD

MY BODY WAS NOT READY FOR THIS. The best midfield prospect in the world (tied with Oliver Torres) and he's ours!

We Croatian now.

Source?

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
imagine that Samper-Suarez-Halilovic midfield :worthy:
ter Stegen
Montoya Pique CB Grimaldo
Samper
Halilovic Denis Suarez
Adama Rafinha Deulofeu​

Last edited:
I

instinct

Reports in Croatia today suggest that Barca officials will arrive in Zagreb tomorrow to finalise a deal for the player - winning the battle for one of Europe’s most coveted talents in the process.

This has also been confirmed by the clubs executive director Zdravko Mamic - who stated:

“Representatives of Barcelona are in touch with Zoran (Mamic, Dinamo manager and sporting director). Barca already sent a private jet for him this winter, when we trained in Turkey, we stopped the deal. But I'm afraid we're helpless.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans