Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Liverpool goalkeeper Pepe Reina (31) will join Barcelona next season. His loan to Napoli won't be renewed. [gazzetta dello sport]

i_bleed_blaugrana

Deulofeu certainly has bags of potential and while I think it would be a strech to say next season he will bench Pedro and Sanchez immediately, he has the potential to be better than both. Should certainly get the minutes Tello gets now and I think he would do a lot more than Tello would with the team around him. Everton, while in practice are playing offensive football, aren't nearly as creative as we are and with the kind of service and link-ups he would have with our team, I think he would shine. He has the creativity to make something out of nothing like Neymar and Messi which makes him unpredictable, something Pedro, Tello and Sanchez aren't necessarily capable of.

With Deulofeu's return, I think we would have no need for Sanchez and Tello. I have personally seen enough from Sanchez, and as great as he can be, his performance against City sums up why we should sell him. In those high profile games especially, moves often end or stall whenever he has the ball at his feet. Cashing in on him would ideal as we could really spend big and rehaul our defense.

With Puyol's replacement, a long-term replacement for Dani Alves and a defensive fullback, our defense should be solid for a while. Some people are saying and we've been linked to Zuniga but I'm telling you, Ricardo Rodriguez from Wolfsberg is the player we should be tracking. He is left-footed so it might be slightly unorthodox for him to play at RB but he is fantastic, reminds me a lot of what Dani did in his prime, he's only 22 and has more muscle and height than Dani as well.

With a CB (Benatia/Ogbonna/Luiz/Mussachio/Hummels), a RB (Ricardo/Zuniga) and a defensive fullback (Luiz Gustavo/Luiz/Bartra) we would be much more stable defensively which would open up more tactical options for us.

With Rafinha, Samper and Denis Suarez coming through the wings, I am convinced we are good in MF. Only other signing I think we should consider is a real 9. With an actual striker in the squad, we would simply more have tactical options at our disposal. It just makes sense but it certainly isn't mandatory. False 9 still works, its just everyone especially Messi has to be fully focused for it to work and having that other option would ease a lot of the pressure on Messi, Tata and the rest of the team to have to dominate every game.

F

Flavia

Deulofeu isn't ready to be a starter for Barcelona, not even close. People who think he's going to come back and rock everybody's world are in for a surprise.

Yeah... He should stay at Everton at least one more season.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
IF and IF we're cashing in on Alexis then I wonder whether City would be interested. They were after Alexis and in the race till the end to sign him until he chose to come to Barcelona.

How about a swap deal. Alexis for Aguero ;)

:p

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Deulofeu isn't ready to be a starter for Barcelona, not even close. People who think he's going to come back and rock everybody's world are in for a surprise.

I hope that day doesn't come. And yes, I agree. Tbh he might never be ready.

Yes he is. Loaning him out again is just going to destroy him.

Lolwut, after 200 minutes at Everton he will what? Take over from Alexis or Pedro? Seriously? We need to forget about Tello, Cuenca, Delou (for now and maybe forever), Affelay and buy a #9 that can score some goals against tough opponents, that can score headers etc. We need a Cavani, Higuain, Suarez, Falcao or Lewa. Delou can't offer us nothing atm, put him against any stronger defense that has parked the bus and Delou will be totally useless, better to play Song than on #9.

BarçAjax8

False 9's role is similar to attacking midfielders/playmakers role. Messi's not supposed to be sitting inside the box.

How is he supposed to score then? Do we expect for him to score from outside the box or dribble all his way to the box. We all see how less mobile messi is at the moment, and that makes it easy to defend

This whole resistance to moving Messi anywhere is getting old and hindering our attack. The last truly great match we played was the 4-0 against Milan at Camp Nou. In the match Villa was given "permission" to move to the middle allowing Messi a free-role as a "False-RW". I'll draw a diagram and leave it to you to judge which looks more threatening...

A) Pedro- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Alexis
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - Messi - - - - - - - - - - -

or

B) Pedro- - - - - - -Villa - - - - - - - - -Dani Alves
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - Messi - - - - - - - - - - - -

Diagram A is our current state of attack while Diagram B was how we used to attack (players are changeable with Eto'o, Henry, Gudjohnsen, Neymar). Dani is still able to attack but his space is limited as the winger infront of him doesn't really drift inwards to free up the flank. That leaves Dani to either send a cross to no-one or pass back. Yes, our over-all play has changed a bit due to parked buses and players are older but tactically Diagram B is very doable IF we had a Striker. But we don't so we can't (for now).

Watching these videos you can see even at our best we weren't a "cross - to - header" team but it was an option. What's hurting us is lacking a proper CB pairing and over reliance on Messi. Hopefully we can make some good moves this summer and make some tactical buys to fortify the squad.

hulinat

This whole resistance to moving Messi anywhere is getting old and hindering our attack. The last truly great match we played was the 4-0 against Milan at Camp Nou. In the match Villa was given "permission" to move to the middle allowing Messi a free-role as a "False-RW". I'll draw a diagram and leave it to you to judge which looks more threatening...

A) Pedro- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Alexis
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - Messi - - - - - - - - - - -

or

B) Pedro- - - - - - -Villa - - - - - - - - -Dani Alves
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - Messi - - - - - - - - - - - -

Diagram A is our current state of attack while Diagram B was how we used to attack (players are changeable with Eto'o, Henry, Gudjohnsen, Neymar). Dani is still able to attack but his space is limited as the winger infront of him doesn't really drift inwards to free up the flank. That leaves Dani to either send a cross to no-one or pass back. Yes, our over-all play has changed a bit due to parked buses and players are older but tactically Diagram B is very doable IF we had a Striker. But we don't so we can't (for now).

Watching these videos you can see even at our best we weren't a "cross - to - header" team but it was an option. What's hurting us is lacking a proper CB pairing and over reliance on Messi. Hopefully we can make some good moves this summer and make some tactical buys to fortify the squad.

We do have a striker. Neymar. He played as a striker for Santos and sometimes for Brazil.

Chong Li

Liverpool goalkeeper Pepe Reina (31) will join Barcelona next season. His loan to Napoli won't be renewed. [gazzetta dello sport]

Dear god, please let this not be true. Reina sucks and is old, he can't be the future can he? And as a reserve keeper he's way too expensive.

hulinat

Dear god, please let this not be true. Reina sucks and is old, he can't be the future can he? And as a reserve keeper he's way too expensive.

Reina is La Masia graduate and he is the same age Valdes is. He'll be a great 2nd keeper for Barcelona and he can give tips to our new keeper. What do you mean he is too expensive? Barcelona can get him for 4,5M£.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
IF and IF we're cashing in on Alexis then I wonder whether City would be interested. They were after Alexis and in the race till the end to sign him until he chose to come to Barcelona.

How about a swap deal. Alexis for Aguero ;)

:p

IF we go for a number 9 I feel we should go for a more a low key player so that we can spread the budget to get other desperately needed players (defender, midfielder).

I know little to nothing about most of these players so feel free to call me out if any of these guys are shit in reality, I'm just reading goal stats here:

-Adrian Ramos: 15 goals in 22 apps, 185cm, 28 years old
-Pierre Michel Lasogga: 11 goals in 14 apps, 189cm, 22 years old
-Ciro Immobile, 13 goals in 19 apps, 178cm, 24 years old
-Josip Drmic, 11 goals in 18 apps, 182cm, 21 years old
-Stefan Kießling, 12 goals in 28 apps, 191cm, 30 years old

I've heard of some of them but haven't done any followup. They seem to put up decent numbers despite not being in the spotlight. They vary in what they offer such as youth and ability to improve, physical stature, versatility, etc. Obviously this is shoddy whoscored scouting at best but it kind of gives an idea of how we don't need to throw 40-50m to bring in players of the profile we lack. Our forward department is already stacked in elite quality so it's not like we need more of that, but we do need some diversity.

Out of all of them Adrian Ramos seems most impressive, averaging 3 dribbles per game to go with his goal stats. Probably not a technical wizard but he's an aerial target and has power/pace. He should be able to help us as a backup with indirect set pieces, occupying defenders, and putting himself into the goalscoring positions of a striker (which is absent in our team).

Shegzy

if i were in charge of barca transfers transfer out: song for 15m tello+jds+afellay+bojan+cuenca for 25m adriano+montoya for 15m transfer in:laporte for 40m(cb/lb) rb backup:serge aurier for 10m or de scilgio for 20m another cb:probably musacchio or benatia or balanta or mangala or any other cb for nothing more than 30m stergen:15m net transfer amount :40m or 50m

BarçAjax8

Deulofeu certainly has bags of potential and while I think it would be a strech to say next season he will bench Pedro and Sanchez immediately, he has the potential to be better than both. Should certainly get the minutes Tello gets now and I think he would do a lot more than Tello would with the team around him. Everton, while in practice are playing offensive football, aren't nearly as creative as we are and with the kind of service and link-ups he would have with our team, I think he would shine. He has the creativity to make something out of nothing like Neymar and Messi which makes him unpredictable, something Pedro, Tello and Sanchez aren't necessarily capable of.

With Deulofeu's return, I think we would have no need for Sanchez and Tello. I have personally seen enough from Sanchez, and as great as he can be, his performance against City sums up why we should sell him. In those high profile games especially, moves often end or stall whenever he has the ball at his feet. Cashing in on him would ideal as we could really spend big and rehaul our defense.

With Puyol's replacement, a long-term replacement for Dani Alves and a defensive fullback, our defense should be solid for a while. Some people are saying and we've been linked to Zuniga but I'm telling you, Ricardo Rodriguez from Wolfsberg is the player we should be tracking. He is left-footed so it might be slightly unorthodox for him to play at RB but he is fantastic, reminds me a lot of what Dani did in his prime, he's only 22 and has more muscle and height than Dani as well.

With a CB (Benatia/Ogbonna/Luiz/Mussachio/Hummels), a RB (Ricardo/Zuniga) and a defensive fullback (Luiz Gustavo/Luiz/Bartra) we would be much more stable defensively which would open up more tactical options for us.

With Rafinha, Samper and Denis Suarez coming through the wings, I am convinced we are good in MF. Only other signing I think we should consider is a real 9. With an actual striker in the squad, we would simply more have tactical options at our disposal. It just makes sense but it certainly isn't mandatory. False 9 still works, its just everyone especially Messi has to be fully focused for it to work and having that other option would ease a lot of the pressure on Messi, Tata and the rest of the team to have to dominate every game.

+100 :yes:
Wow, my thoughts exactly on all points. I haven't seen much of Wolfsburg but will checkout Ricardo.

@DonAK Cash + Alexis for Aguero, I wish. Can you imagine Neymar - Aguero - Messi :party1:

Chong Li

Reina is La Masia graduate and he is the same age Valdes is. He'll be a great 2nd keeper for Barcelona and he can give tips to our new keeper. What do you mean he is too expensive? Barcelona can get him for 4,5M£.

Transfer fee is low, but his wages at Liverpool are huge (£100,000 per week). I doubt he'd take a paycut just to play here.

hulinat

if i were in charge of barca transfers transfer out: song for 15m tello+jds+afellay+bojan+cuenca for 25m adriano+montoya for 15m transfer in:laporte for 40m(cb/lb) rb backup:serge aurier for 10m or de scilgio for 20m another cb:probably musacchio or benatia or balanta or mangala or any other cb for nothing more than 30m stergen:15m net transfer amount :40m or 50m

You would sell Adriano and Montoya for 25M and bring in 18 year old unexperienced centre back for 40M? :lol: thank god youre not in charge. no offense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans