Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

hulinat

Transfer fee is low, but his wages at Liverpool are huge (£100,000 per week). I doubt he'd take a paycut just to play here.

I think he would. He has said before that he would like to return to Barcelona one day. He loves the city and the club. He joined Barcelona when he was 6 years old. I don't think he'd stay in Liverpool just because of money.

SeloBarca

Deulofeu might have been everyone hope, but tbh hes not fast enough.

Rafinha isnt good enough either, Samper wont take over for Busquetes. Cant say much about Suarez, but looks more like a Iniesta player then Xavi.

Richard.H

This whole resistance to moving Messi anywhere is getting old and hindering our attack. The last truly great match we played was the 4-0 against Milan at Camp Nou. In the match Villa was given "permission" to move to the middle allowing Messi a free-role as a "False-RW". I'll draw a diagram and leave it to you to judge which looks more threatening...

A) Pedro- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Alexis
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - Messi - - - - - - - - - - -

or

B) Pedro- - - - - - -Villa - - - - - - - - -Dani Alves
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - Messi - - - - - - - - - - - -

Diagram A is our current state of attack while Diagram B was how we used to attack (players are changeable with Eto'o, Henry, Gudjohnsen, Neymar). Dani is still able to attack but his space is limited as the winger infront of him doesn't really drift inwards to free up the flank. That leaves Dani to either send a cross to no-one or pass back. Yes, our over-all play has changed a bit due to parked buses and players are older but tactically Diagram B is very doable IF we had a Striker. But we don't so we can't (for now).

Watching these videos you can see even at our best we weren't a "cross - to - header" team but it was an option. What's hurting us is lacking a proper CB pairing and over reliance on Messi. Hopefully we can make some good moves this summer and make some tactical buys to fortify the squad.

I'm sorry but you just can't compare anything currently with that 08-09 season. That's arguably the best display of football any team has put on for a season. It will be remembered for decades from now as some of the best, pure form of attacking football played in the world.

You just can't compare what we have now to what we had then. There's no way you can expect our team to play even 50 % as perfect as we did that season. A lot of fans seriously underestimate just how perfect that season was in terms of EVERYTHING (staff, team chemistry, squad balance, team motivation, etc.)

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Deulofeu might have been everyone hope, but tbh hes not fast enough.

Rafinha isnt good enough either, Samper wont take over for Busquetes. Cant say much about Suarez, but looks more like a Iniesta player then Xavi.

Deulofeu is faster than Messi, Pedro, Alexis, and probably Neymar too. Saying Rafinha isn't good enough is dead wrong. Samper still has a ways to go and Suarez will need a loan spell.

SeloBarca

From what ive seen from him in the A and B team he was def not faster then Pedro, Neymar or Alexis. His body is to heavy built.

hulinat

I am not saying that we ever will, but what if we got Vela to play CF with Messi and Neymar on the wings..

Stupid idea. If Barcelona would actually want to play Messi on the wing permanently and he'd agree to that we would buy a much better CF than Vela.

Kerrybai

I am not saying that we ever will, but what if we got Vela to play CF with Messi and Neymar on the wings..

Pep firmly believed that Messi had to play in the middle as he's just too good to play out wide where he doesnt have 360 degrees to work with. Pep explained that teams could use the sideline as a defender when Messi was on the wing.

The better option is to play him behind a striker.

BarçAjax8

I'm sorry but you just can't compare anything currently with that 08-09 season. That's arguably the best display of football any team has put on for a season. It will be remembered for decades from now as some of the best, pure form of attacking football played in the world.

You just can't compare what we have now to what we had then. There's no way you can expect our team to play even 50 % as perfect as we did that season. A lot of fans seriously underestimate just how perfect that season was in terms of EVERYTHING (staff, team chemistry, squad balance, team motivation, etc.)

You're right and I don't expect the team to be like that of 08-12.
My point isn't to compare them but show how we've gone downhill from the summit because of complacency, over-dependence and bad transfer dealings. Starting with defense look at how much our backline has depleted. We used to have a few CBs (over 5'9) and a versatile LB in Abidal which has gone down to Pique, upcoming Bartra with 3 short attack minded backs and a defensive midfielder. We had great forwards, each brought something different to the attack but it's turned into Messi + 2 wingers. Neymar is a good addition but the RW needs a more prolific threat.

The economic crisis in Spain has weakened La Liga (to say the least) which masks most of our issues so we don't face the consequences weekly. Against top/organized/motivated sides is where we struggle. If we are able to change things up tactically and buy/promote players who will carryout those tactics theres no reason why we can't win another treble or more. The thing about it is we shouldn't be so cemented to 1 idea... in this case my point was "Messi has to play @ False 9". He doesn't and we should have options available to counter our opposition.

Barcilliant

Barca need a GK, a CB and a QUALITY no. 9 not a plan B number 9. If Cavani is available BUY him. Sell Alexis or Pedro and Tello. Cavani can play on the wing too. I found it so disappointing that we didn't try for Lewandowski. The CB position is a no brainer. I'd also look for a LB and RB.

Players who HAVE to leave-

Song
Tello
JDS
Affellay
Cuenca
Bojan (sell for 500k if possible)
Montoya
Pique
Puyol (retirement)
Xavi
Pedro or Alexis

hulinat

Barca need a GK, a CB and a QUALITY no. 9 not a plan B number 9. If Cavani is available BUY him. Sell Alexis or Pedro and Tello. Cavani can play on the wing too. I found it so disappointing that we didn't try for Lewandowski. The CB position is a no brainer. I'd also look for a LB and RB.

Players who HAVE to leave-

Song
Tello
JDS
Affellay
Cuenca
Bojan (sell for 500k if possible)
Montoya
Pique
Puyol (retirement)
Xavi
Pedro or Alexis

Out of all the strikers, why would be buy Cavani? There are bunch of other strikers that are better than him. He just moved to PSG this season so we would have to pay like 65M€ for him. I wouldnt buy him even for 20M. You basicly wanna sell half of our players? Montoya, really? Xavi, really? Pedro-Alexis? Puyol? What's the meaning of "more than a club" if we are going to sell our captain and vice-captain that have been loyal for the team for 20 years.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans