Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Barca need a GK, a CB and a QUALITY no. 9 not a plan B number 9. If Cavani is available BUY him. Sell Alexis or Pedro and Tello. Cavani can play on the wing too. I found it so disappointing that we didn't try for Lewandowski. The CB position is a no brainer. I'd also look for a LB and RB.

Players who HAVE to leave-

Song
Tello
JDS
Affellay
Cuenca
Bojan (sell for 500k if possible)
Montoya
Pique
Puyol (retirement)
Xavi
Pedro or Alexis

Come on? I agree with most of the players, but Pique, Xavi, Pedro or Alexis?
If we buy a WC CB (not a backup like Fazio) than we can give Pique some rest, he needs it since he plays every singel game almost. Pique has been great this season, except the Sociedad game - but I wouldn't singel him out, Adriano and Bartra played like crap to.
Xavi can stay another season, he still dictates the tempo like a master and doesn't give away the ball or make sloppy mistakes. But we need to bring in his replacement already next season and rotate Xavi, play him less and only in games that fits him.
We need both Pedro and Alexis, even if we bring in a WC #9 - which we desperately need imo. Than we'll have 3 players for 2 positions, or actually 4 players for 2 positions if we buy a #9.
And we need to get a better backup for Busi.

hulinat

Offer Montoya a new contract ASAP. Xavi, Pedro, Alexis, Pique, Puyol, aren't going anywhere for sure. I think it would be unfair to sell Dos Santos. They never really gave him a chance to play. Same thing with Cuenca. He is probably the most skillful player at Barcelona right now. Song, Tello, Afellay should just leave. I don't understand why they bought Bojan for 10M from Milan just to send him on loan again.

F

Flavia

1898224_10152034368942535_760101088_n.jpg

Puyol will leave - A cb will come

2 should come, but...

ebieymjunior

Maybe Puyi will retire but he ain't going to another club.

I hope he retires as well, was a major inspiration for me as a CB, and I've never seen any defender play so honest, so good and with a certain flair.
He makes defending an art, and it'd be painful to see him leave the club. Make him the defensive coach along with Abidal :)

Offer Montoya a new contract ASAP. Xavi, Pedro, Alexis, Pique, Puyol, aren't going anywhere for sure. I think it would be unfair to sell Dos Santos. They never really gave him a chance to play. Same thing with Cuenca. He is probably the most skillful player at Barcelona right now. Song, Tello, Afellay should just leave. I don't understand why they bought Bojan for 10M from Milan just to send him on loan again.

As you said, Montoya (and Bartra) should be offered a contract immediately, we just can't afford to loose them. Pedro, Alexis, Pique are all staying.
Xavi should play more like Puyol did this year and teach Rafinha and Roberto like Puyol is doing to Bartra.
If dos Santos played DM he'd have a better chance of staying (don't know if he can play there), but unfortunately I think there'd be too many CMs if he stays (Iniesta, Fabregas, Roberto, Rafinha, Xavi, Denis Suarez coming up, ...), that's why Afellay should also be sold.
It'd be unfair and extremely selfish to keep Tello and not play him like this year. He could have found regular playing time elsewhere (another reason to let dos Santos go). I can see Cuenca more willing to stay an extra year (if Deulofeu stays on loan).
Honestly didn't think we should have bought Song in the first place, not that he's not good, but defensively he's a weak link, and even then we had too many CMs.

I hope they start playing Mascherano in DM again and try out double pivot with him and Busquets in the summer (did Mascherano play double pivot with Xabi Alonso when they were in Liverpool?) and see it they could do that next season.
It's a crazy idea, but Montoya at CB should also be tried out during the summer (Puyol turned out great as CB, so did a lot of other RBs).

They should buy ter Stegen, Reina, Musacchio and another CB (preferably Benatia) in the summer: the price would be almost equal to what they get for Oier, Song, dos Santos, Afellay, Tello and Bojan (and eventually, but not preferably Cuenca).

hulinat

I hope he retires as well, was a major inspiration for me as a CB, and I've never seen any defender play so honest, so good and with a certain flair.
He makes defending an art, and it'd be painful to see him leave the club. Make him the defensive coach along with Abidal :)

As you said, Montoya (and Bartra) should be offered a contract immediately, we just can't afford to loose them. Pedro, Alexis, Pique are all staying.
Xavi should play more like Puyol did this year and teach Rafinha and Roberto like Puyol is doing to Bartra.
If dos Santos played DM he'd have a better chance of staying (don't know if he can play there), but unfortunately I think there'd be too many CMs if he stays (Iniesta, Fabregas, Roberto, Rafinha, Xavi, Denis Suarez coming up, ...), that's why Afellay should also be sold.
It'd be unfair and extremely selfish to keep Tello and not play him like this year. He could have found regular playing time elsewhere (another reason to let dos Santos go). I can see Cuenca more willing to stay an extra year (if Deulofeu stays on loan).
Honestly didn't think we should have bought Song in the first place, not that he's not good, but defensively he's a weak link, and even then we had too many CMs.

I hope they start playing Mascherano in DM again and try out double pivot with him and Busquets in the summer (did Mascherano play double pivot with Xabi Alonso when they were in Liverpool?) and see it they could do that next season.
It's a crazy idea, but Montoya at CB should also be tried out during the summer (Puyol turned out great as CB, so did a lot of other RBs).

They should buy ter Stegen, Reina, Musacchio and another CB (preferably Benatia) in the summer: the price would be almost equal to what they get for Oier, Song, dos Santos, Afellay, Tello and Bojan (and eventually, but not preferably Cuenca).

Bartra has already renewed his contract which keeps him at the club till 2017

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
you know we've become colossal shit when we are desperate to hold on to montoya, you guys are the like the English media, montoya clearly is overrated, if he really has the potential then I'm yet to see it

Last edited:

ryuken

We need 1 cb even with Puyol playing, now he is retiring and we still just need one CB? Damn delusional.

F

Flavia

Yes he has. He signed a 3 year contract extension on 15.01.2014.
It even says so on Transfermarkt.
He has not. They announced it'd be done in the coming weeks, and he still hasn't signed it.

hulinat

Yeah, well, he will sign it. I can't see him leaving when he has an opportunity to play regularly for a team like that.

BarçAjax8

I don't know if many of you follow totalBarça.com but this is a great article to read about the state of things...
http://www.totalbarca.com/2014/opinion-pieces/more-questions-fewer-answers-from-martino/#more-153097

The question that is asked at the end is one I have asked myself... what is Tata's direction? He came on very late and right before the season started so he could only work with what was left of Pep/Tito's team. So far he has done well but what he actually wants to do with the team is still unclear.

Personally I think a *minor* overhaul is needed with some players going out and some being brought in. This won't happen all in 1 summer so most importantly we have to replace retiring Puyol with a young CB and buy a quality/mature CB to partner Pique now. 1 GK to replace VV and extend Pinto's contract another year. I think Dani will be fine for another season so we should get a DEFENSIVE LB to restore balance to defense. I really like Jordi Alba but it wasn't necessary to buy him when we did and tactically it's been hell. I think *realistically* that is what we can hope for this summer (though getting 2 CBs maybe asking a lot since we can't even buy 1). Eventually we'll need replacements for Dani, Xavi and a Striker.

Sell: Song, Afellay, JDS, Bojan - Adriano (only if a defensive LB is brought in), Alexis & Tello (only if a Striker will be bought).
I'm still hoping Cuenca can make a full recovery and stay healthy. He was 10x the player Tello is and I'd love to see him back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans