Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maria

Barcelona are interested in Bayern Munich attacker Thomas Muller (24) and will make an attempt to sign him this summer. [sportbild via md]

Wish we could get this guy but even if we could get him I dont think his personality would gel well with messi.

What's wrong with his personality?

I second that Kroos is a great midfielder not exactly a Xavi-esque player but coupled with Busi supporting him defensively and either of Don or Cesc supporting in attack he can make the Xavi roaming pivot his own and we might have a chance of getting him as Pep clearly prefers Thiago ahead of him

And how did you reach this conclusion?

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
What's wrong with his personality?

He is an obnoxious a****** and too self centered plus not very well disciplined although he seems to be improving in that regard a little under Pep. Last guy with a I am the main man personality (Ibra) didn't go well with Barca. Plus, that @%^%^ laughed on TV at Barca when he interviewed about rumors of him going to Barca

G

Gascav

We should try to get a real target striker on the team who's willing to be benched. I do like Bony at Swansea.... Also Vertonghen is pretty much a freebie even though his style is too similar to Pique.

Say what you want, but Ki Sung Yueng has the best midfield stats atm in the EPL. Obviously Kroos is world class but I honestly think Ki will succeed in any top 6 club. Maybe not Barca starting quality? Watching him literally oneman the Sunderland midfield though, I think he really has what it takes. He'd need half a season to integrate though.

For versatility, Kagawa is a natural Iniestaish player but can also succeed at the false 9. Lacks the pace of Pedro and Sanchez, but he's great in an Iniesta role there. Reus is a much better choice for the wing, but IMO he's just another Pedro... And Kagawa is still a step down from Iniesta. He'd be easy to pick up otherwise.
I dont understand the obsession with strikers to sit on the bench. So we spend a lot of money for a player who will sit on the bench 90% of the time. Who will want to sit on the bench? And that striker will have to be of a very low qualitybecause no striker will jeopardise his chances with his national team to warm the bench for us. And so we would be paying big wages to a player who plays the same minutes as JDS. I think we need a mobile, versatile number 9 whomwill play in the starting eleven, link up with messi and neymar and show clinical finishing. I think it is a bad idea buying bench players

G

Gascav

He is an obnoxious a****** and too self centered plus not very well disciplined although he seems to be improving in that regard a little under Pep. Last guy with a I am the main man personality (Ibra) didn't go well with Barca. Plus, that @%^%^ laughed on TV at Barca when he interviewed about rumors of him going to Barca

Since when does muller have that attitude? Where did he say anything that suggests that. He was the one who told kroos that every player is replaceable and they are all there to give their best for the club, and they need to be ........

BarçAjax8

Musacchio: 50m
Mangala: 45m
Laporte: 38m

Those are not prices we can realistically afford and reinforce other areas of the team. How much would Benatia cost?
The transfer market has become insanely ridiculous. Any player of any quality and a club has to be willing to be over 35m, crazy!
The board member that decided to pass on Vertonghen and sign Song should be backhanded with a dry cleaned, iron pressed white glove.
1301593123_jackass-3d-bam-margera-gets-slapped.gif

I dont understand the obsession with strikers to sit on the bench. So we spend a lot of money for a player who will sit on the bench 90% of the time. Who will want to sit on the bench? And that striker will have to be of a very low qualitybecause no striker will jeopardise his chances with his national team to warm the bench for us. And so we would be paying big wages to a player who plays the same minutes as JDS. I think we need a mobile, versatile number 9 whomwill play in the starting eleven, link up with messi and neymar and show clinical finishing. I think it is a bad idea buying bench players

EXACTLY! +1

Last edited:

suckabov

Lemon curry?
And how did you reach this conclusion?
Probably because Pep rested him a lot in the past few Bundesliga games, causing some rumours in the press whether it had anything to do with punishing him for throwing his gloves at the bench, with the contract talks or with a potential rift between them.

Since when does muller have that attitude? Where did he say anything that suggests that. He was the one who told kroos that every player is replaceable and they are all there to give their best for the club, and they need to be ........

That was obviously exaggerated, but he does come across as very, very self-confident in interviews which has to do with the bold/cheeky statements he loves. Personally I don't think he is arrogant necessarily, he just likes to deal with the media and a bit of self-promotion ("es müllert").

Quite sure that we'll never see him here though and I don't know what we'd need him for.

G

Gascav

Musacchio: 50m
Mangala: 45m
Laporte: 38m

Those are not prices we can realistically afford and reinforce other areas of the team. How much would Benatia cost?
The transfer market has become insanely ridiculous. Any player of any quality and a club has to be willing to be over 35m, crazy!
The board member that decided to pass on Vertonghen and sign Song should be backhanded with a dry cleaned, iron pressed white glove.
1301593123_jackass-3d-bam-margera-gets-slapped.gif

EXACTLY! +1
I think if they show tenacity and urgency to spend now and get YOUNG QUALITY players for the club at average age of 24, they will build a very good and competitive team and save themselves millions for the next transfer windows where we would need to focus on youth players to replace a few aged players. They showed that if they want a player, they can spend money to get the player like they did with neymar, ibra, sanchez, cesc

G

Gascav

Probably because Pep rested him a lot in the past few Bundesliga games, causing some rumours in the press whether it had anything to do with punishing him for throwing his gloves at the bench, with the contract talks or with a potential rift between them.

That was obviously exaggerated, but he does come across as very, very self-confident in interviews which has to do with the bold/cheeky statements he loves. Personally I don't think he is arrogant necessarily, he just likes to deal with the media and a bit of self-promotion ("es müllert").

Quite sure that we'll never see him here though and I don't know what we'd need him for.
So according to that other post, messi doesnt like self-confident players?

G

Gascav

I don't know what he wanted to say, I was talking about Müller, not Messi.

The guy said that muller's attitude will not go along with messi and since you said that muller is very self-confident i wanted to ask, does it mean that messi doesnt like self confident players

Eetu

Adormit
His contract expires this summer :omg:

“The contract of Musacchio ends in 2018 and as such, there’s still four years to go. If anyone comes in offering what he’s worth (his release clause), then we’ll negotiate. For a player to leave depends on three parties and not only one or two. He has a contract. If anyone wants him, that’s fine, but they’ll have to pay all the money up front and that’s a fact.”

-Villarreal president Fernando Roig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans