Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

veryfatchocobo

Did anyone watched the Olympiakos - United game last night? That defender #24, Manolas looked to be a very good defender, and I found some positive reviews on him on some greek forums. Does any body here watch him regularly? He certainly caught my eye last night.
Yeah, he caught my eye too. Lots of good tackles. But I haven't followed him so...

ivan22

I have read that Dragovic will come, due to political problems in Ukraine he whant's to leave Dynamo Kyiv.
Have anybody else that information?
I didn't whatch him and don't know how he play or is he a decent replacment for Barcelona defence?

read that, too. He played at FC Basel (my local club) for 2 seasons. Best CB we had in the last 10 years. He was incredible. Don't know how he did at Kiev though and I'm not sure he's barca material. However I'd love to see him in the blaugrana kit :D

NeyMesSis

read that, too. He played at FC Basel (my local club) for 2 seasons. Best CB we had in the last 10 years. He was incredible. Don't know how he did at Kiev though and I'm not sure he's barca material. However I'd love to see him in the blaugrana kit :D

ich be vom aargau :)

We need a striker

We don't need another strike, just better tactick! Not all ball's to Messi, more freedom and space to Neymar and Sanchez (or Pedro) and there you go... Messi needs to move a bit more not only to stand and walk and only sprint and run when he have a ball.

DinhoR10

We don't need another strike, just better tactick! Not all ball's to Messi, more freedom and space to Neymar and Sanchez (or Pedro) and there you go... Messi needs to move a bit more not only to stand and walk and only sprint and run when he have a ball.

Nothing wrong with having a target for crosses.

i_bleed_blaugrana

I've never heard of the Dragovic guy, all I'm saying is the last player we bought from Ukraine is Chygrynskiy and how did that turn out? I'd much rather us go after more established CBs so that way there isn't as much of a learning curve because we need whoever we bring in to make an impact on the squad immediately, not in 2-3 years time. That's why I personally prefer if we went after someone with more experience and why I have been such a big proponent of getting Luiz.

Instead of Dragovic, I'd rather us go after either Benatia, Luiz, Vertonghen or Musacchio because either a) they are young but have experience in one of the most competitive leagues in the world and b) players like Luiz or Vertonghen are old enough to not have to wait for them to develop into a finished product yet they are still young enough to be someone we can count on for a while.

As far as strikers go, if you want someone who is versatile, a predator in the box, has strength, speed, work ethic and can play on the wing, I don't see why Hulk hasn't been in the conversation about a striker yet. While he certainly would be expensive, he checks a lot of the boxes for what we are looking for in another CF. I'd want either him or Mandzukic if he wants to leave since Lewa is coming. Muller will stay at Bayern, I have a much easier time seeing us pick up Mando than Muller and I actually think he might be more open to leaving once his playing time is reduced by Lewandowski.

Nothing wrong with having a target for crosses.

Yeah, but there was Ibra and? What we have done with him? Nothing... Problem is that teams now know how to play against tiki-taka --> 8 or 9 players inside 16m and there you go, 2 in front or 1 in front and we don't have alternative tactic or alternative player - as target player. Eaven when we have one we don't use him as we should.
And yeah, if Neymar and Sanchez have a little bit more freedom to play and not to look every time to pass ball to Messi than eaven Messi could have more space to move (not with 2-3 players on the back). I'm not against target man but Barcelona tactic and style of play is against that...

DinhoR10

Yeah, but there was Ibra and? What we have done with him? Nothing... Problem is that teams now know how to play against tiki-taka --> 8 or 9 players inside 16m and there you go, 2 in front or 1 in front and we don't have alternative tactic or alternative player - as target player. Eaven when we have one we don't use him as we should.
And yeah, if Neymar and Sanchez have a little bit more freedom to play and not to look every time to pass ball to Messi than eaven Messi could have more space to move (not with 2-3 players on the back). I'm not against target man but Barcelona tactic and style of play is against that...

Eto'o was the quintessential striker for us. If you want to talk about beating the bus though, a quick passing midfield of iniesta-cesc has showed that it can get through tight defenses but you cant play that midfield while having both alba and alves bombing up the flanks or then busquets will effectively be forced back as a 3rd cb.

Howes

I really don't see what's wrong with having a target man to hold the ball up and get on the end of crosses. It's more and more obvious that Tata plays a way that would suit a box number 9. A Plan B that wouldn't have to cost a fortune, could come off the bench.

F

Flavia

Barça has zero strikers. There are just wingers, and Messi.

PhilS

Did anyone watched the Olympiakos - United game last night? That defender #24, Manolas looked to be a very good defender, and I found some positive reviews on him on some greek forums. Does any body here watch him regularly? He certainly caught my eye last night.

Be careful about judging any player based on performance vs. this year's Man U.

PhilS

Barça has zero strikers. There are just wingers, and Messi.

Good thing. I would not trade the Barca forwards for any other team's, no matter how many stikers they have. OK, maybe I would have traded just for that last game, but they'll be back to scoring tons soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans