Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gascav

I'd rather see Keita or Yaya back in Barcelona than some Juventus midfielders.

I dont even think it is worth arguing with you! You think all players outside barcelona are trash and with the way you talk it comes clear to me that you never even watch them play!

Are you for real or just stuck in a twilight zone?? Yaya aint coming back and Keita is at Valencia. They are HISTORY. We have to look to the future. As I have repeated many times the club seems stuck in the past. Now is the time to plan and ACT for the future. Tata wants to play more direct and If he stays he will recruit players who fit that narrative.
Second that opinion

But remember why Yaya left, it's because Busquet's place is untouchable and whoever comes after Song (I presume next season already) will have to sit on the bench a lot.

In this case vidal and pogba are not even DMs, they are box to box midfielders who play the CM role, and offer equally in attack and defence

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Vidal would solve many of our problems, would love him here! If we could only get Vidal, a decent CB, a #9 and RB backup - but that's 4 players, and we also have to finish the deal with Stegen, that's 5 players - I could never see that happen. What do you guys think goes on in Tata's head, does he think about getting a #9? How are the rumors going?

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
In this case vidal and pogba are not even DMs, they are box to box midfielders who play the CM role, and offer equally in attack and defence

Pogba is imo a risk, even if I like what I see. Vidal is much more proven and I don't think he would be that much more expensive. BUT, why would Juve let him go? We would have to convince him and let him put pressure on them, but I don't know if I like doing business like that.

G

Gascav

Vidal would solve many of our problems, would love him here! If we could only get Vidal, a decent CB, a #9 and RB backup - but that's 4 players, and we also have to finish the deal with Stegen, that's 5 players - I could never see that happen. What do you guys think goes on in Tata's head, does he think about getting a #9? How are the rumors going?

Actually i agree with you, i'd prefer a more tall, defensive RB to cover for alba's runs, like serge aurier, vidal, a cb benatia/vertonghen, a #9 as in jackson martinez

i_bleed_blaugrana

I see much more logic in bringing in a CF rather than another CM. Vidal is great but paying 50 mil+ for a squad player doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Not only do I question if Vidal can play tiki-taka but you also have to keep in mind team chemistry. Who drops for Vidal in MF? Cesc? Iniesta? With their recent form, how could you? We don't need more direct players in MF, we need more direct players in attack.

Tactically speaking, Juve play a very different style than we do and I'm just curious to how Vidal would cope with the transition. Rather us spend big on our defense and an actual striker, especially with promising CMs (Rafa, Denis Suarez, Samper etc.) coming through the ranks.

We already have an abundance of MFs and a 55-65 mil move for Vidal seems like bad business to me. If you own a company that makes pb&j sandwiches and you have bunch of bread but little peanut butter or jelly, why would you invest in even more bread?

Tiki-taka isn't dead and we don't need a complete change of personnel or philosophy. I think a lot of our problems would be solved by changing our shape, not by going insane with a spending spree.

Howes

I see much more logic in bringing in a CF rather than another CM. Vidal is great but paying 50 mil+ for a squad player doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Not only do I question if Vidal can play tiki-taka but you also have to keep in mind team chemistry. Who drops for Vidal in MF? Cesc? Iniesta? With their recent form, how could you? We don't need more direct players in MF, we need more direct players in attack.

Tactically speaking, Juve play a very different style than we do and I'm just curious to how Vidal would cope with the transition. Rather us spend big on our defense and an actual striker, especially with promising CMs (Rafa, Denis Suarez, Samper etc.) coming through the ranks.

We already have an abundance of MFs and a 55-65 mil move for Vidal seems like bad business to me. If you own a company that makes pb&j sandwiches and you have bunch of bread but little peanut butter or jelly, why would you invest in even more bread?

Tiki-taka isn't dead and we don't need a complete change of personnel or philosophy. I think a lot of our problems would be solved by changing our shape, not by going insane with a spending spree.

THIS!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone thinking about spending £60mil on A midfielder is first off delusional for thinking Barca will be spending that big this summer and secondly still ignoring the defensive problems that have haunted this team for the last few seasons. Midfield isn't the problem.

Barca need to adapt, change tac, when teams sit deep with everyone defending and we're struggling to break them down, we need a number 9 strong tall, to give us an another creative outlet.

Too many wasted crosses, Tata needs a proper Number 9 to play this way. Henrik Larsson type someone older and available cheaply

KluivertsBoots

This Vidal bit is a complete non-starter. I admire his talent, but Barcelona will not be able to compete for his signature.

Gundogan will transfer for half (at least) of what Vidal will should both be on the market this summer. Vidal will end up in the Premier League if he moves anywhere.

noteiverse

Getting Vidal would be amazing. He's the whole package and exactly what we need. Excellent passer and a brilliant defender. I'd take him over Cesc any day. Do it Tata.

khaled_a_d

ِThere is another question ,are we going to continue playing tiki-taka? It seems to me Tata wants the team to be more built the way it was during 2006 than 2009 tbh , more direct physical team who still plays attacking & entertaining football

That said I don't think we are financially capable of signing him ,we will have Rafinha coming back with Suarez&Halilovic close to 1st team probably in 2015 ,while I don't like the lack of signing in midfield but with bigger needs in defense & attack we need to spend carefully

mouseinthehouse

I would stay away from Vidal, although he is a fantastic player we have a lot of cm players (he is also expensive). It would be far more beneficial to the team to go out and get a top flight cb and possibly a backup rb. We also still need a keeper probably ter Stegen.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
ِThere is another question ,are we going to continue playing tiki-taka? It seems to me Tata wants the team to be more built the way it was during 2006 than 2009 tbh , more direct physical team who still plays attacking & entertaining football

In the start of the season we seen some really entertaining football with counterattacks as Xavi was feeding Neymar with long passes, also long shots and even aerial balls and now it seems that he is coming back to the roots, the ball is kept low, possession is more valued than counterattacks and players are looking for Messi more often.

Maria

In the start of the season we seen some really entertaining football with counterattacks as Xavi was feeding Neymar with long passes, also long shots and even aerial balls and now it seems that he is coming back to the roots, the ball is kept low, possession is more valued than counterattacks and players are looking for Messi more often.

At what games from the start of the season are you reffering to?

mazp

The 7-0 Levante win was fantastic. Probably the best game in the first half of the season, along with Clasico win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans