Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about buying Dembele? He has good passing and technical ability plus he would add some mucles to our midfield.
He was striker or CF some years ago and we could also use him in that position when we have to break bus-deffences.

JamDav1982

What about buying Dembele? He has good passing and technical ability plus he would add some mucles to our midfield.
He was striker or CF some years ago and we could also use him in that position when we have to break bus-deffences.

Nah, hes just not that great.

Decent enough in a mid table team as he can use his powerfull running box to box but not good enough for top sides.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Agreed. He does not have the qualities for a playmaking CM.

He doesn't have to be... You can wait 30 years for another Xavi or Iniesta to come and the sooner we realize that the better...

We have to adapt and wake up from the Pep induced fantasy, that's not to say we should play hoofball from now on, but a little adjustments are badly needed... It's not really that big of a change anyway, as I can't see how Vidal couldn't fill the role Deco used to have some years ago...

PhilS

Originally Posted by ZenI
Cesc is not cut out to be our CM.

Cesc belongs on the field, where he plays is less important. He interchanges all the time with Messi and the other offensive midfielder, so it's just not that important where he lines up at the opening kickoff.

Cesc provides offensive impetus. He is always looking to either make or receive that killer, goal scoring pass. He shoots quite a bit better than either Xavi or Iniesta. When Cesc plays and Xavi does not, the team is less in control, and the team produces more scoring opportunities. Of course he can play alongside Iniesta, although that is different than Xavi and Iniesta. I've definitely noticed improvements in his defense since coming to Barca.

These are not the problem positions for the team now, except when Tata plays Song other than at DM.

Last edited:

Kohe321

Hummels would be a dream at Barca. I said this in another thread, but I'll say it again here. The level he played at last season during Dortmunds CL run (I didn't watch the BL games) was absolutely incredible, which shows he can be a world class defender when in-form. I think he would be a perfect signing, and could potentially be awesome together with Bartra (or Pique). Then we just need one more in rotation (perhaps Masch?) and the CB position is covered.

And I have to admit, the thought of Van Persie in front of Messi and the link-up play those two could produse almost makes my mouth water. Only problem is that he's a bit old, and we should really future-proof the squad with mainly young players, but still... RVPs top level is incredible. Perhaps Higuain (from Messis national team), Lewandowski or Negredo could work equally well? Obviously Lewa won't come as he's Bayern bound...

By the way, the Halilovic deal seems to be pretty much wrapped up now? From Barcastuff: " Zubizarreta closed yesterday in Zagreb the deal on Dinamo player Alen Halilovic (17). Transfer fee 3M+2M. Will first join B-team. [rac1]"

Last edited:
Z

zyzzbrah

Sell Xavi, Puyol, Pique, Valdes, Pedro. Buy Suarez, Gundogan, De Gea, Matip and Umtiti. For sure treble.

hulinat

Sell Xavi, Puyol, Pique, Valdes, Pedro. Buy Suarez, Gundogan, De Gea, Matip and Umtiti. For sure treble.

tumblr_mpuiwtw0CP1snwmf0o1_250.gif

Kohe321

I really like Vidal, but I can't see him fitting in the squad as a MF? Who will he bench, Iniesta or Cesc? What is Martinos plan with him?

Also, we have to pay a small national budget to get him, which means to compromise on other positions where it's more needed to sign someone.

Anyone make any sense of this? I hope it's just empty rumors...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans