Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarçAjax8

Barca fans still crying after him just because de Boer offered him to us. He's nothing special. Completely average CB.

Yeah, people like to say the same about Pique. Who's Vertonghen surrounded by... Naughton? Walker? Rose? Dawson? Scrubs.
I will never advocate play-acting, I hate when Pedro/Alexis do it so Vertonghen should have had more tact then that. But he is a quality defender and we wouldn't be bitching so much about a CB the last few years if we signed him over Song.

Originally Posted by ZenI
Cesc is not cut out to be our CM.

Cesc belongs on the field, where he plays is less important.

That right there alone is a MASSIVE contradiction. I have to quote Cruijff in that "football is simple but the hardest thing is to play football in a simple way". Pep Guardiola is greatest coach because he was able to play simple beautiful football and also be successful. Pep's team was a free flowing attacking team but it's because of it's balance that we were able to achieve so much. My thought has always been that Cesc & Iniesta thrive in the same space/role. Iniesta is the better dribbler while Cesc is more direct due to his Premier League school of thought. But for all the people who doubt Xavi, you have to eat your words everytime he is subbed in late in the game and we begin to gain control and dominate the match. Cesc is a great player and the quicker we learn that he isn't going to be the next Xavi the better for him and the team.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Yeah, people like to say the same about Pique. Who's Vertonghen surrounded by... Naughton? Walker? Rose? Dawson? Scrubs.
I will never advocate play-acting, I hate when Pedro/Alexis do it so Vertonghen should have had more tact then that. But he is a quality defender and we wouldn't be bitching so much about a CB the last few years if we signed him over Song.

I really hope they will offload Song this summer I won't stand another season with him.

Barcilliant

I really like Vidal, but I can't see him fitting in the squad as a MF? Who will he bench, Iniesta or Cesc? What is Martinos plan with him?

Also, we have to pay a small national budget to get him, which means to compromise on other positions where it's more needed to sign someone.

Anyone make any sense of this? I hope it's just empty rumors...

If RM get him we are FUCKED. Vidal is an impact player on all parts of the pitch. Super tackler and interceptor-breaks up attacks everywhere on the pitch. Scores goals and is a pretty damn good passer too with many assists. You wont find anyone in the world with that all round ability.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...idfielder-may-be-the-best-player-in-the-world

Vidal is the complete midfielder. Yes, he is very different from Xavi and Iniesta but he is similar to Cesc. Both are direct players but Vidal is a beast defensively. He & Busquets would give massive protection to our defense. Sorry but Xavi's role is diminishing and next season it will be even less. There could be times when we have Iniesta, Vidal(If he comes), Cesc and Busquets on the pitch. Plus with Martino's rotation policy he would rest some games.

If Madrid get him he will beast La Liga. His work rate and skill are second to none. Juve were smart to get him a new contract. They will sell him for a big sum but he will be worth it.

The Observer

Who would he be surrounded by at Barca? Pique, Mascherano, Alba and Adriano. Scrubs.

Some people might not want to believe it but it is entirely possible to rate defenders even if they aren't surrounded by Nesta and Baresi to make up for their flaws. When Varane stopped everything we threw at him in the Bernabeu he was accompanied by Carvalho whom Mourinho pulled out of his retirement, Essien at rightback and Arbeloa at leftback. When T. Silva had that amazing game in Paris against us he was partnered with Alex, Jallet and Maxwell. With 40 year old Beckham sitting infront of them.

Vertonghen is as average as they come. I would have taken him instead of Song for sure. But that doesn't mean all too much to be honest. :lol:

BarçAjax8

Who would he be surrounded by at Barca? Pique, Mascherano, Alba and Adriano. Scrubs.

Some people might not want to believe it but it is entirely possible to rate defenders even if they aren't surrounded by Nesta and Baresi to make up for their flaws. When Varane stopped everything we threw at him in the Bernabeu he was accompanied by Carvalho whom Mourinho pulled out of his retirement, Essien at rightback and Arbeloa at leftback. When T. Silva had that amazing game in Paris against us he was partnered with Alex, Jallet and Maxwell. With 40 year old Beckham sitting infront of them.

Vertonghen is as average as they come. I would have taken him instead of Song for sure. But that doesn't mean all too much to be honest. :lol:

By that same token Vertonghen had great games in the CL at Ajax while surrounded by no names. Not every team can have Thiago Silva in their starting XI. The Eredivisie doesn't get the television money the EPL or La Liga do but it does produce quality talent (Luis Suarez, Robben, Van der Sar, Van der Vaart, Sneijder, v.Nistelrooy, Kluivert, De Boer, Koeman to name a few) and since our back line is the weakest area of our team Vertonghen would be a massive upgrade if we had him.

The fact that he'd only be surrounded by Alba, Adriano and Masche is down to the ignorance and greed of the board thinking all we need is Messi and "the rest will take care of itself". Football should come first and if it did we wouldn't have gone this long without getting a much needed CB.

Last edited:
I

instinct

I actually can't believe that the rumours about us going after Vidal are even 1% true? Did some reliable sources ''confirm'' our interest? Or are these rumours only spread by Guardian or Sport? :lol: He would be too expensive IMO. But it'd be interesting to have a player like him here.

PS: and he just extended his contract till 2017.

Last edited:
L

linetty

With Barcelona having chosen to sign Marc-Andre ter Stegen, Pepe Reina is not an option anymore, not as second goalkeeper either. [md]

I suppose that's good news.

Theconomist

Would be a dream signing to have Vidal on the team, sadly you know RM will get him, he would fit perfectly. They're creating some sort of super galacticos who this time complement each other. I don't like the Suarez links to them. Suarez with Ronaldo and Bale on the wings, Isco behind playing alongside Vidal and Modric it would be too much.
They still need a better RB and a LB but then they are complete.

L

linetty

He posted a photo on his instagram, doubt it's fake. Deleted it after confirming his transfer to Barca

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans