Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gascav

Stupid idea

Call it a stupid idea, call it anything but we will all see the outcome when we come and play against teams that have the tacticians and players and then may be you will find out that it is easy to stop barca from scoring. Just the fact that we werent able to score vs atletico in three matches except from a cross is a lesson to big teams out there on how to play us.
Man city stopped us from scoring before the first half before the red card changed so much, real madrid had not gotten their tactics right and now they have it in place with their midfield anchor xabi alonso, and again we have teams like chelsea who love to park the bus.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
It is not about scoring, it is about varrying tactics

To quote myself i said
To add it in our arsenal, so that opponents really dont know what to do, they crowd the center we have somebody to cross to in the box, they crowd the flanks we attack them through the center. Bayern score a lot from crosses but we dont equate them to stoke in their way of playing. It is all about adding variables and making our attack diverse. Stoke use only that strategy.
If we dont need one, then why did alves and alba cross the ball 22 times vs sociedad in CDr? Why did we cross a lot vs atletico madrid and why do we generally cross a lot when we face parked buses?

Amongst the top ten teams in europe we are the easiest to stop tactically, they just park the bus, crowd the center and they either win or draw. The same cant be said about other top teams.
It is not that hard to score against valladolid, almeria, that is what alexis and pedro have been doing. We want a breakthrough, to be able to punish those parked buses

So we would change our tactics to suit our new striker? One of the reason we bought Neymar so that he would attract attention from defenders and leave more space for Messi and we already had a tall striker, remember, his name was Zlatan, did he helped against parked buses? And again not gonna happen for many years to come as long as Messi is in form and healthy.

G

Gascav

So we would change our tactics to suit our new striker? One of the reason we bought Neymar so that he would attract attention from defenders and leave more space for Messi and we already had a tall striker, remember, his name was Zlatan, did he helped against parked buses? And again not gonna happen for many years to come as long as Messi is in form and healthy.
Again, we are not changing our tactics to fit our striker, we improve one area of our scoring by adding a striker. As far as I see it, neymar is only an upgrade to pedro. I dont see any of that "attract defenders away from messi stuff" you are claiming. Zlatan was helpful, very helpful, and you people are saying this as if he flopped. He had quarrels with the coach but untill then he was performing well and a good example us the arsenal game away, where we scored two crucial away goals via long balls to our tall strikers. Ofcourse heading had never been ibra's strong point something whoch he has developed recently. Only recently he has started scoring from headers. So again your argument doesnt make sense

SeloBarca

Some members are getting quite stuck in "We won alot of titles before this way"

Cant play on old mertis forever people, and you definatly cant play with the same team forever.

barcanuck

Puyol retiring or leaving.... your move Barca board:

Need a CB with leadership skills and pysical prowness which Puyol brought. Luiz, Hummels need to be chased and chased.

Antimadridista1

Benatia is the man… I'm sure that we can get him for less than 25m/30m. Roma bought him for 14m from Udinese last summer. Cheaper than the likes of Luiz and Hummels but as good as them if not better.

JamDav1982

Benatia is the man… I'm sure that we can get him for less than 25m/30m. Roma bought him for 14m from Udinese last summer. Cheaper than the likes of Luiz and Hummels but as good as them if not better.

Whenever I have watched Benatia he never seems comfortable on the ball the way you would expect from a Barca CB.

I wouldnt put him ahead of Luiz and he has not looked even close to Hummels for me.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo

Benatia is a nice player, but let's not get carried away. Furthermore, it'll be hard to swallow that Barca could have gotten him this summer for 13M, and now will most likely have to pay more than double that just a year later.

Luis is massively overrated, and almost certainly not even close to being worth what Chelsea will expect to get from him.

Hummels is a nice player, and IMO the best defender of the 3, however I'm not convinced how efficient the partnership with Pique will be. That is two not so speedy CBs.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Hummels and Benatia as a backup doesn't sound too bad

Backup?!? Barca needs a starting CB. Ideally one that is fast and quick to complement the stiffer and slower Pique/Bartra type, and not a liability in the air.

They will also need a backup, that's true. However both those players will cost over 20M each. Paying 20M+ for a backup CB is insanity. Real Madrid type of insanity.

L

linetty

Backup?!? Barca needs a starting CB. Ideally one that is fast and quick to complement the stiffer and slower Pique/Bartra type, and not a liability in the air.

They will also need a backup, that's true. However both those players will cost over 20M each. Paying 20M+ for a backup CB is insanity. Real Madrid type of insanity.
Hummels would be the starting CB alongside Pique, Barta/Benatia as backups

If Benatia is too expensive for a backup then there are other options of course

F

Flavia

Puyol leaving will make all cbs a lot more expensive now, as Brça will have to get one. I just hope this board don't mess up and get a good signing.

JamDav1982

Hummels would be the starting CB alongside Pique, Barta/Benatia as backups

If Benatia is too expensive for a backup then there are other options of course

If Barca get rid of Masch in summer they will be massively weaker at back and have little leadership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans