Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

barcanuck

Puyol leaving will make all cbs a lot more expensive now, as Brça will have to get one. I just hope this board don't mess up and get a good signing.

Don't forget we have Bartra! And Adriano, Busi, Song as emergency CB's to go with Masch and Pique :)

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Subotic would not be a very bad choice either though I very much doubt Dortmund will sell him(atleast not for anything less than 25m) and he seem to be very happy there as well.

With Benatia you'll get a good CB and a leader as well, but I doubt we'll go for him.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Hummels is the most well rounded and experienced option available for Barca. He won't create a massive hole in the team's ark either. Hummels could be had for around 25M plus some incentives.

Benatia would be second choice, but I still have questions about him. His lack of comfort with the ball and propensity for committing too many fouls concerns me. Plus I could never shake the bad feeling of knowing just last summer he could have been had for far less than he would cost now.

I don't like Luiz. He'd be a far more expensive option, while being the lesser of the three. Luiz will wow people with some good looking athletic plays, but most of the time will leave you wanting to wring his freaking neck for doing something boneheaded.

I'd also would like if the team could get someone young and talented to further develop like Laporte. However Bilbao will just be wanting too much money right now, and for a player who while having plenty of talent, still needs much polishing. I'd rather just wait a few years for his polishing, and unloading the boatload of money then, instead of unloading the boatload now for a player who is still too raw. He'd be worth 8-10M now, though Bilbao would never go for that.

Barca need to make smart choices with their money. They have plenty of areas to reinforce.

F

Flavia

Bartomeu, about a cb: "no hay centrales de la calidad que el Barça exige. Lo miraremos". Lo que sí ha asegurado es que habrá "al menos dos fichajes: un portero y un central". - "There are no cb's with the quality Barça require. We'll look into it." But he assured that "there'll be at least 2 signings: a gk and a cb".

i_bleed_blaugrana

Hummels is the most well rounded and experienced option available for Barca. He won't create a massive hole in the team's ark either. Hummels could be had for around 25M plus some incentives.

Benatia would be second choice, but I still have questions about him. His lack of comfort with the ball and propensity for committing too many fouls concerns me. Plus I could never shake the bad feeling of knowing just last summer he could have been had for far less than he would cost now.

I don't like Luiz. He'd be a far more expensive option, while being the lesser of the three. Luiz will wow people with some good looking athletic plays, but most of the time will leave you wanting to wring his freaking neck for doing something boneheaded.

I'd also would like if the team could get someone young and talented to further develop like Laporte. However Bilbao will just be wanting too much money right now, and for a player who while having plenty of talent, still needs much polishing. I'd rather just wait a few years for his polishing, and unloading the boatload of money then, instead of unloading the boatload now for a player who is still too raw. He'd be worth 8-10M now, though Bilbao would never go for that.

Barca need to make smart choices with their money. They have plenty of areas to reinforce.

The more I think about it, someone like Hummels seems like the most logical choice. In all honesty, Mascherano has very similar qualities to Puyol. While he isn't as strong in the air as Puyi was, he does have the tenacity and tackling ability. He's getting more disciplined in his positioning. My only main problem with him is his susceptibility in the air. He frequently goes missing on set pieces and doesn't seem to have a clue at times who he should be marking.

Hummels-Mascherano would be a solid duo with Piqué and Bartra rotating in. I'm a big proponent of Luiz personally and I think especially at a team like ours he would do a lot better than he shows at Chelsea. However, Hummels alone would solve a lot of our defensive woes immediately without the mental farts Luiz has at times. The only trait Hummels lacks is Luiz's athleticism and pace. Everything else Hummels is either equal to or surpasses Luiz in.

Hummels would solve enough problems alone while Luiz might require another CB to hedge our bets on, so while I'd love to see Luiz here, Hummels seems like a more logical option.

I just don't want Bartra to be forgotten in all of this. He deserves more gametime than he's gotten this season and I hope whoever comes does mean he's demoted to the bench permanently.

ivan_barca

Hummels is so slow,same as Pique. David Luiz is the perfect choice because he is great with the ball,he is fast,he is very tough to beat 1 vs 1,not like Pique,he is full with energy to play,he is capable to play very high on the pitch (something what is very needed for Barca defender) and also i suggest he wold play better than Song or Mascherano as a DMC.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
I heard a lot potential names of future CB: Hummels, Benatia, Subotic, Vertongen, Mangala, Luiz, Kompany, Musaccio, Balanta and also Inigo Martinez. It's very interesting who the board will target or it will be someone less known. I am guessing that when choosing Barca would also consider the nationality of the player, I mean look at our current squad - only Song and Affelay are not from Spain or Latin America.

ryuken

With Puyol's departure, our president still only promise one CB? LOL, btw i think that Zubi the 'great' and Bartomeu the 'magnificent' will still keep Song and Masch, the two 'best' CB at Camp Nou next season. Wont be surprise if our only signing is a GK.

ivan_barca

4 Cb are absolutely normal for every football club.As we all know we have 4 Pique,Mascherano,Bartra and Puyol.It`s normal to buy 1 after Puyol is leaving.If we want another 1,then we should sell...It`s simple mathematics.If it depends on me i would buy David Luiz and Inigo Martinez.

ryuken

That scenario is when you count midget Mascherano as a decent CB and Bartra the bench warmer suddenly got a lot of minutes, we have to suffer with Mas as a CB for too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans