Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FCBblaug

I'd say only players from Chelsea, Monaco, PSG and City are impossible to sign, unless they are not needed there. If they are not needed there it's probably because they can find a better CB themselves.

Mangala, Benatia, Balanta, Musacchio, Martinez, Hummels are not impossible to sign. Mangala might cost much, but I'd rather have a 40M Mangala than a 25M-30M Hummels tbh. Mangala isn't 'impossible'.
Exactly, ideally i would go for benatia, more xperience, pique's age, valid competition and musacchio who could form a partnership with bartra. So we have two CN partnerships of almost the same age pique-benatia for big games bartra-musacchio for small games and the immediate future after the first pair

David Luiz is very good option.

Fast, great in the air, expansive range of passing, similar hair to Puyol.

Only downside is his occasionally erratic behaviour, but that won't seem too apparent in our defence
I think ERRATIC is the main reason why we wouldnt want him. We already have too much ERRATIC behaviour in our defense. No more please
You aren't going to find anyone with everything except for one or two players who are impossible to sign. Hummels would be fantastic. Very clean defender and intelligent.

Benatiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Paganinisrvnge

That's why I said he wouldn't work for Barcelona. Although, I think people exaggerate the speed thing. Might as well put Tello at CB is speed is the most important thing.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk

F

FCBblaug

That's why I said he wouldn't work for Barcelona. Although, I think people exaggerate the speed thing. Might as well put Tello at CB is speed is the most important thing.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk
Speed,heading ability, anticiptaion and tackling! These are the most important things and tello has only one!

Andrew M

I really think David Luiz is the right man.

His being erratic is exacerbated by being in such a defensive, conventional team.

We have possession 70% of the time and he is really good in the air, quick. Thiago Silva aside (for obvious reasons), Luiz is the strongest choice.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
^ exactly. i'm leaning towards hummels or david luiz right now. thing with hummels though is his pace which is a problem (and his injuries). but he is at least stable unlike luiz. so you have to put up with one flaw one way or another. musacchio is also a decent option but i feel we can do better.

what about garay?

Last edited:
F

FCBblaug

Put him in Barça's defense and you'll see he's not perfect either

Atleast he is being almost perfect for another team and if he come here i dont think he will lose much, because 90% of what he is doing now, would be excellent for barca,
While luiz and hummels are not even performing perfectly for their teams, so we either get that or lower which is baaaad

Alarcón

It always depends on the perspective. Our defenders look bad as they get little defensive help from the other players. Madrid defense looked horrible too when Xabi was injured. It takes a good understanding of football to spot the ones who are really good as opposed to those who only look good and if we had a sensible management, they would know which players to buy.

^ exactly. i'm leaning towards hummels or david luiz right now. thing with hummels though is his pace which is a problem (and his injuries). but he is at least stable unlike luiz. so you have to put up with one flaw one way or another. musacchio is also a decent option but i feel we can do better.

what about garay?

Put Luiz in Barca's defense and you'll realize he's not as bad as everyone is saying he is. He's worse.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Luiz might work, still can't make up my mind. But he will probably try to get away from Chelski which will improve our chance if we go after him, Mou is not really trusting the guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans