Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaled_a_d

I'd say only players from Chelsea, Monaco, PSG and City are impossible to sign, unless they are not needed there. If they are not needed there it's probably because they can find a better CB themselves.

Mangala, Benatia, Balanta, Musacchio, Martinez, Hummels are not impossible to sign. Mangala might cost much, but I'd rather have a 40M Mangala than a 25M-30M Hummels tbh. Mangala isn't 'impossible'.

It is also almost impossible to get a player that those teams are negotiating with due to their ability to pay more ,like City who wants Mangala in summer
good luck hoping to get him competing with Txiki and UAE money

Trickykid

It is also almost impossible to get a player that those teams are negotiating with due to their ability to pay more ,like City who wants Mangala in summer
good luck hoping to get him competing with Txiki and UAE money

We did it with both Fab and Alexis. Whether our name and attraction is still as great as a few years ago, can of course be debated, though.

Galning

We did it with both Fab and Alexis. Whether our name and attraction is still as great as a few years ago, can of course be debated, though.

A lot of it depends on the player. We could've gotten Thiago Silva, if he wanted to come here, but he chose P$G. As you said, Alexis got offered a lot more but he picked Barcelona.

khaled_a_d

Cesc was a La Masia graduate and I don't remember facing a real competition for Alexis tbh ,if there was a deal we made it despite real interest from richer clubs it is Neymar and this saga doesn't look clean after all tbh

Trickykid

A lot of it depends on the player. We could've gotten Thiago Silva, if he wanted to come here, but he chose P$G. As you said, Alexis got offered a lot more but he picked Barcelona.

Yup, that's my point. If the attraction is there, we can stil hang with the richest of the sugar daddy clubs when it comes to luring players.

When it comes to Mangala, though, I don't see us having much of a chance, as Porto will bleed anyone asking for their star players completely dry.

Trickykid

Cesc was a La Masia graduate and I don't remember facing a real competition for Alexis tbh ,if there was a deal we made it despite real interest from richer clubs it is Neymar and this saga doesn't look clean after all tbh

I recall plenty of interest in Alexis back then. It was clear we were his only wish despite the any suitors.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

icemanbrfc

We need to sign a few players in Defence, but we shouldnt lose sight of the Academy. Its important that Barca continue to bring in those young players. But for what its worth, I think Jan Vertonghen is an outside bet for me. Luiz is an interesting one, because at times he has been sloppy in defence, but brilliant in midfield. Do we need another Dm?I dont think we do, but we shall see. For me we have to look at Hummels, as he is not quick, but he is a clever player and strong.

BarçAjax8

It will be someone else's decision to make. Catalunya Radio confirmed rumors of Tata and his entourage leaving Barcelona this summer. All signs point to Frank de Boer or Luis Enrique (making Rafinha's role easy to determine).

Tata has done a great job this season with the bare-bones squad given to him. The play hasn't been that great but he's done the best with what was left for him.

With that said, in addition to the transfers needed to strengthen the squad (GK, CB, CM, CF) I wouldn't mind Frank de Boer taking over as manager. I was hoping for him last summer when we were looking for a manager. FC Barcelona are a unique club and it takes someone who knows the club's philosophy for us to be at our strongest. De Boer was a former player and knows the Voetball Totaal/Tiki-Taka system well. Luiz Enrique would also be a good choice.

Barcilliant

Tata has done a great job this season with the bare-bones squad given to him. The play hasn't been that great but he's done the best with what was left for him.

With that said, in addition to the transfers needed to strengthen the squad (GK, CB, CM, CF) I wouldn't mind Frank de Boer taking over as manager. I was hoping for him last summer when we were looking for a manager. FC Barcelona are a unique club and it takes someone who knows the club's philosophy for us to be at our strongest. De Boer was a former player and knows the Voetball Totaal/Tiki-Taka system well. Luiz Enrique would also be a good choice.

I would not be so confident about De Boer or Lucho. I think both lack personality and both are too attatched to the tiki-taka model. I would like someone with more personality and tactical variety.

FUCK, Tata has had a raw deal. Came in at short notice, didn't sign any players, injuries to Messi and Neymar, a squad that lacks hunger and depth, Rosell and Neymar gate, stupid press on his back.............................the list goes on. If we don't win anything I wont be surprised and the LAST person I would blame is Tata. The board are primarily to blame followed by the players. You could bring Pep, Mourinho, Heynkes, Klopp and this squad would not be playing that much better.

L

linetty

Barcelona are considering to sell players like Alexis, Song, Alves and Tello this summer for total fees of 50 to 60M. [vanguardia]

mazp

I don't know why their making lists of players leaving yet. What if the new coach wants to keep some of these players? If their is a new manager then he should make those decisions.

KhaledBarca

That's bullshit!
Alexis alone should be valued at 40M, anyway he should stay. Don't think Alves will leave either!

Tello (10+M)
Song (10+M)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans