Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Alexis 40m

Song 15m

Alves 15m

Tello 6m

That should basically be the starting price of those players. The market is so inflated that anything less would seem like a loss from our side.

That being said, out of those players, I'd only sell Song and Tello.

KhaledBarca

Mascherano has been doing well in big games, and Bartomeu was clear when he said we'll buy 1 CB.

I would keep Pique Masche & Bartra and buy a player like Benatia or Luiz.

KhaledBarca

Alexis 40m

Song 15m

Alves 15m

Tello 6m

That should basically be the starting price of those players. The market is so inflated that anything less would seem like a loss from our side.

That being said, out of those players, I'd only sell Song and Tello.

Tello should be 10+M, he might not fit our system but he'll do great in a counter attacking team. Hopefully he joins an EPL team and prove himself there...

Agree with other values, Alves might worth more but he's in his last year of contract (2015, although some say its until 2016. not sure).

Anyway, him and Alexis should stay. We need to add more depth to the squad. 3-4 player, not sell key players!

Last edited:

who will replace Alves? montoya is nowhere near good enough.

song ok, tello also
GK and CB, maybe midfielder, Kroos would be nice

mazp

I hope Alves stays. Losing Puyol,Valdes,Masch,Alves and possibly Xavi in one summer might be a bit much. That's a lot of experience right there. That experience is needed in the CL. I would personally keep Alves and Masch for another season

khaled_a_d

I hope Alves stays. Losing Puyol,Valdes,Masch,Alves and possibly Xavi in one summer might be a bit much. That's a lot of experience right there. That experience is needed in the CL. I would personally keep Alves and Masch for another season

We still has enough experience with Pique,Pedro.Messi,Iniesta,Cesc,Busquets etc and Dortmund wasn't that experienced when they reached CL final last year

PhilS

Talking about someone like Kroos, whose contract runs out June 2015 and who seems on the outs with his current team, makes a lot more sense than pretending that Barca could just buy players who are under contract to teams that will not sell them.

Kroos has the quality level needed for Barca, though it is unclear how his style of play would fit in. Unclear, but intriguing. But would he come to a team that already has Xavi, Iniesta and Cesc for the two positions that he plays? Competing with those three did not work out too well for Thiago. Getting Kroos would be much more likely if, say, Xavi would leave.

Last edited:

ebieymjunior

We still has enough experience with Pique,Pedro.Messi,Iniesta,Cesc,Busquets etc and Dortmund wasn't that experienced when they reached CL final last year

Agree. If Montoya is not yet good enough, train him to be good enough (they have till the end of the year and the pre-season to teach him as much as possible).

Although I wouldn't want Mascherano to go, but to move back to DM and rotate with Busquets (I know he'll have a much more important role is he goes to Napoli).
So I'd say sell Alves, Song, dos Santos, Afellay, Tello, Cuenca and Bojan and
buy the goal keepers, Benatia, another CB and Mattia De Sciglio (and Bruno Soriano - if Mascherano goes),
call back Rafinha and Deulofeu (wouldn't be good to loan him out again or he'll be out of touch with the team and gives Martinez a good chance to buy him)
and promote Denis Suarez.

PS: buying another midfielder would be much worse this time around than the Cesc/Thiago affair. At least Cesc was from La Masia and everyone wanted him back. It's not like Xavi, Iniesta and the likes had it all easy to become who they are today. It'd be too easy and not Barca-like to just buy central midfielders and not look at La Masia or develop then like they've done until now.

Last edited:

KhaledBarca

Barcelona's problem last 2 season was depth in squad... The whole point is to add more depth, not lose key players!

Alexis, Masche and Alves are key players its stupid to sell all of them knowing we're already not gonna have Valdes & Puyol anymore in our squad.

We need GK, CB, CM.

Ter stegan , Benatia/Luiz, Kross/Gundogan with Rafinha & Deulofeu back from loan.

Out: Oier, Song, Cuenca, Tello, Afellay, Bojan with Puyol and Valdes also leaving.

I would send Roberto and Suarez on Loan [Celta/Everton] train under Enrique or Martinez.

I

instinct

We should also regard the high wages. I don't know how much exactly Alves gets but if Song gets 6.5, Alves wages will be over the top. It's clear that we need depth but we need to get rid of the players we 1. don't need and 2. cost us too much. Therefore we should think about selling Song (ofc) and also Alves.

ebieymjunior

What's with all these send on loan to make them better players nowadays? 2 years ago the only reason Barca would send players on loan was to sell them, not to develop them. It's not like Barcelona to want others to develop their players.

Wrote this in another discussion: "Alves is on his last year of contract next year, so if Barca want to sell him, this is the best opportunity to do so (unless they renew his contract to sell him at a much lower price later on, due to higher wages and age)."

F

FCBblaug

Talking about someone like Kroos, whose contract runs out June 2015 and who seems on the outs with his current team, makes a lot more sense than pretending that Barca could just buy players who are under contract to teams that will not sell them.

Kroos has the quality level needed for Barca, though it is unclear how his style of play would fit in. Unclear, but intriguing. But would he come to a team that already has Xavi, Iniesta and Cesc for the two positions that he plays? Competing with those three did not work out too well for Thiago. Getting Kroos would be much more likely if, say, Xavi would leave.

We could have three CM positions and play with two forwards like we did in all big games this season. 4-3-3 is not the only formation in the world
We should also regard the high wages. I don't know how much exactly Alves gets but if Song gets 6.5, Alves wages will be over the top. It's clear that we need depth but we need to get rid of the players we 1. don't need and 2. cost us too much. Therefore we should think about selling Song (ofc) and also Alves.

I agree

KhaledBarca

Selling Alves is adding another problem. I would suggest to try Bartra at Rb but we all know that won't happen. We already need to buy 3 key players (GK CB CM)...

Who can replace Alves?

KhaledBarca

What's with all these send on loan to make them better players nowadays? 2 years ago the only reason Barca would send players on loan was to sell them, not to develop them. It's not like Barcelona to want others to develop their players.

Wrote this in another discussion: "Alves is on his last year of contract next year, so if Barca want to sell him, this is the best opportunity to do so (unless they renew his contract to sell him at a much lower price later on, due to higher wages and age)."

What do you suggest to do with Suarez and Roberto knowing they have Cesc/Iniesta and Rafinha ahead of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans