Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elite-BkD

Pique-Masch is not even our problem, what we need is at least one midfielder who won't be a total pussy in physical battles and one fullback who's a real defender. If Puyol somehow manages to return and remain fit and healthy for the season, he should play for one of Dani or Alba, not Masch.

F

Flavia

Kinda sad seeing so many clubs making good signings, while Barça does nothing, despite needing players so badly.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Pique-Masch is not even our problem, what we need is at least one midfielder who won't be a total pussy in physical battles and one fullback who's a real defender. If Puyol somehow manages to return and remain fit and healthy for the season, he should play for one of Dani or Alba, not Masch.

That's a good thought, however I just don't know if Puyol still has the pace to cover the wings. Then again, if Arbeloa can, Puyol can.

There's also the problem of who do you replace? Alba at this point is the superior offensive threat, however he is an absolute liability on defense. Alves is a better defender, if albeit not that good, but his offensive ability has seriously diminished.

At this point, I am entirely sure Barca can get significant more returns if they replace both fullbacks instead of both CBs.

Meitux

That's a good thought, however I just don't know if Puyol still has the pace to cover the wings. Then again, if Arbeloa can, Puyol can.

There's also the problem of who do you replace? Alba at this point is the superior offensive threat, however he is an absolute liability on defense. Alves is a better defender, if albeit not that good, but his offensive ability has seriously diminished.

At this point, I am entirely sure Barca can get significant more returns if they replace both fullbacks instead of both CBs.
It's easy to understand who needs to be off the line up, they are both attacking minded, that's the way we should judge them. Both of them are not the best defensively but Alves can't look good because Alba may be worse. Based on last season's performances as ATTACKING minded Alba was better than Alves. Alves offered only some bad crosses that resulted good once in ten times and he seems to always forget himself there and sometimes even being lazy to cover back. Alba has the speed to cover up and obviously he can be improved judging by his age. As i said we can't judge them in a different role but how they perform on theirs and that is attacking. Based on that it's Alves that has to make way.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
It's easy to understand who needs to be off the line up, they are both attacking minded, that's the way we should judge them. Both of them are not the best defensively but Alves can't look good because Alba may be worse. Based on last season's performances as ATTACKING minded Alba was better than Alves. Alves offered only some bad crosses that resulted good once in ten times and he seems to always forget himself there and sometimes even being lazy to cover back. Alba has the speed to cover up and obviously he can be improved judging by his age. As i said we can't judge them in a different role but how they perform on theirs and that is attacking. Based on that it's Alves that has to make way.

You make a good point, and right back is the preferred lateral position for Puyol. I just shudder at Alba covering that wing.

Meitux

You make a good point, and right back is the preferred lateral position for Puyol. I just shudder at Alba covering that wing.
Problem is i personally and many people think we can't rely on him anymore tottaly to always be there and improve us. He's 35 and gets injured more and more often with the time, injuries are a result of inconsistency so we can't expect the best of performances from him. His presence and leader spirit will always be admired and vital for us but for me we should look for something new and learn of living without it at some point. He can offer surely something better defensively at RB but for a short time of period, before he gets injured again could we say?

Last edited:

Elite-BkD

I think Alba is currently better on both ends, notwithstanding his poor start to the season. Defensively he is at least putting in 100% effort which Alves plainly does not do every match. Also, our left side is much more sound defensively, most of our dangerous turnovers come from our right.
Still, as it's been pointed out, this is a pretty big *if*. I'm not as quick as some to rule out Puyol having a great season but it sure isn't a given that he'll be able to play any serious minutes. Also it's only half the battle anyways because all of our four key midfielders are somewhat lacking in the physicality department, but for the most part we can get away with that, and hopefully Tata will throw Song in for certain tough away matches against more physical teams (it was an absolute joke that he sat on the bench away to Bayern, never woulda happened under Pep).

ebc_99

Let's wait and see if Tata is right, I still think we should have bought a couple of defenders but maybe he wants to asses the defence before he brings in anyone new. It is a risk that might pay off, and I still think we will beat Real I am not worried about them.

I don't think we need anyone for the other positions, we have a good mix in midfield and attack. But if we are to win the Champions League we need to improve the defence for sure. But there are quite a few teams who are not were they want to be, so I am still confident we can beat anyone on our day and therefore we have a good chance of winning the Champions League.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Kinda sad seeing so many clubs making good signings, while Barça does nothing, despite needing players so badly.

This. Seeing Tottenham's transfer window makes me die a little inside. Or even Madrid's, despite the ridiculous fee they paid for Bale.

raskolnikov

The big difference between us and Madrid is that they have a quality defence while us is barely average, people act like el classico is about Messi vs Cristiano or Neymar vs Bale or even Isco vs Iniesta. In reality it is Carvajal-Ramos-Varane-Marcelo >>>>>>> Alves-Pique-Masche-Alba.
Imagine if we had their defence and they ours, we would be handing out manita's every time we faced them.

We have so many once in a lifetime talent in the squad and its ruined by terrible management. Not buying a cb is a big mistake and nothing will change compared to last season.
We will still concede many goals on the counter, many from a cross pass to either wing and many from set pieces.
We lack a quality cb replacement for Puyol and even for Pique, we lack height, we lack the physical aspects to beat a team like bayern or to break a parked bus.

What we need is more depth, a fast strong cb, a few talents and a defensive lb/rb in big games.
We should be able to compete for la liga and copa del rey and qualify from the group stages of the cl but against Real we will be suffering the majority of the game purely on defence, we will aslo struggle from the quarter final ko phase on cause of this.

jamrock

The big difference between us and Madrid is that they have a quality defence while us is barely average, people act like el classico is about Messi vs Cristiano or Neymar vs Bale or even Isco vs Iniesta. In reality it is Carvajal-Ramos-Varane-Marcelo >>>>>>> Alves-Pique-Masche-Alba.
Imagine if we had their defence and they ours, we would be handing out manita's every time we faced them.

We have so many once in a lifetime talent in the squad and its ruined by terrible management. Not buying a cb is a big mistake and nothing will change compared to last season.
We will still concede many goals on the counter, many from a cross pass to either wing and many from set pieces.
We lack a quality cb replacement for Puyol and even for Pique, we lack height, we lack the physical aspects to beat a team like bayern or to break a parked bus.

What we need is more depth, a fast strong cb, a few talents and a defensive lb/rb in big games.
We should be able to compete for la liga and copa del rey and qualify from the group stages of the cl but against Real we will be suffering the majority of the game purely on defence, we will aslo struggle from the quarter final ko phase on cause of this.

jesus

ebc_99

If Real have a quality defence then why have they conceded more goals than us every year for the past 5 years?

As bad as our defence was last season Madrid conceded more goals domestically and in Europe.

I don't understand why some people think their defence is so much better than ours when there is no evidence to back it up.

Our defence is bad but Real Madrid's is equally so.

Tezemery

If Real have a quality defence then why have they conceded more goals than us every year for the past 5 years?

As bad as our defence was last season Madrid conceded more goals domestically and in Europe.

I don't understand why some people think their defence is so much better than ours when there is no evidence to back it up.

Our defence is bad but Real Madrid's is equally so.

They have better defenders but they definitely don't have a better defense.

raskolnikov

Fine, disagree but don't cry if we lose to them again and concede from corners and counters with a slow Pique, an out if position Mascherano, or Alves/Alba playing like wingers.
Since we have such quality defense, maybe we can play Bartra and pique again, much stronger than Ramos-Varane cause they concede as well. Solid logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans