Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ursegor

World Champion
Agreed. Except it will be Cuadrado over Zuniga.
For Bck-ups, Mathieu (CB/LB), Bruno Soriano(DM)
We'll likely sell Alexis (before securing a WC replacement). Try for Reus. Fail. End up with a Song-version WF.

In short, underwhelming signings. Overpaying for mediocrity.

Apart from DV7, there hasn't been a signing made by this Board that has got be genuinely excited and made me look forward to the season ahead, and that includes NIKE's poster boy.

Let's hope if Lucho is appointed, he plays his boy Rafinha over Mr.concrete boots, and we revert to implementing the La Masia philosophy as it should be.

---------------

Our season in one shot..
2ev3kmq.png

(^I take no credit)

The punch line will be that after delaying it this summer we'll get to serve a transfer ban for 2 windows as I don't believe they'll lift the ban completely. Which would effectively mean next winter and summer 2015. So we can sign players again in winter 15/16 where most good players will be Cup tied. It's actually like a 3 window ban then. We'd have to sign heavily this summer and no dross like Song to be on the safe side or we'll have Xavi starting all important games into 2016 when he will be 36.

This board will most certainly blow it up. No doubt.

Ursegor

World Champion
This article is pointing too much to Pep's era
I think the most important part about it is at the end ,we need a manager and he will need a full support ,after that he can decide whether he want 0 or10 signings

Yeah, didn't like that article. It starts with the premise that Pep prefered a small squad of 14 or 15 first teamers as if this is the only valid way to coach a team. Completely ignoring how stacked his Bayern side is. Bringing Götze, Müller and Javi Martinez from the bench in a CL semi-final while Thiago didn't even participate at all due to injury. :lol: Barca's options in such a situation would be Tello, Song and Sergi Roberto.

For me these are the players who have the standard to be Barca first teamers right now without any shadow of doubt.

Neymar Messi x
Iniesta x
Busquets
x x Pique x
MAtS

Which means we are lacking about 5 players.

Upfront both Pedro and Alexis are close to being starters ("first 14", first ones to be subbed on) but not at the elite level to be definite starters in all situations. Both rely too heavily on others creating for them instead of creating on their own.

In midfield Xavi needs to replaced. Fabregas is not the answer.

Entire defense has to be restructured. An elite CB like Benatia or Hummels, a more physical leftback like Mathieu (I'd ditch Adriano, I don't understand what he's doing in the squad, too similar to Alba, always injured, can't defend, midget ...) and a rightback who is not a clown. Yes, at this point I'd even give Montoya lots of playing time and see how he grows.

This is just the starting XI for me. We're not even talking about depth yet. A physical presence in the mould of W. Carvalho instead of that clown Song, the option of a proper #9 etc. is also needed.

PacoBJuarez

Yeah, didn't like that article. It starts with the premise that Pep prefered a small squad of 14 or 15 first teamers as if this is the only valid way to coach a team. Completely ignoring how stacked his Bayern side is. Bringing Götze, Müller and Javi Martinez from the bench in a CL semi-final while Thiago didn't even participate at all due to injury. :lol: Barca's options in such a situation would be Tello, Song and Sergi Roberto.

For me these are the players who have the standard to be Barca first teamers right now without any shadow of doubt.

Neymar Messi x
Iniesta x
Busquets
x x Pique x
MAtS

Which means we are lacking about 5 players.

Upfront both Pedro and Alexis are close to being starters ("first 14", first ones to be subbed on) but not at the elite level to be definite starters in all situations. Both rely too heavily on others creating for them instead of creating on their own.

In midfield Xavi needs to replaced. Fabregas is not the answer.

Entire defense has to be restructured. An elite CB like Benatia or Hummels, a more physical leftback like Mathieu (I'd ditch Adriano, I don't understand what he's doing in the squad, too similar to Alba, always injured, can't defend, midget ...) and a rightback who is not a clown. Yes, at this point I'd even give Montoya lots of playing time and see how he grows.

This is just the starting XI for me. We're not even talking about depth yet. A physical presence in the mould of W. Carvalho instead of that clown Song, the option of a proper #9 etc. is also needed.

I agree with most of this except your analysis of left back. I love Alba, I think his workrate is phenomenal and he's exactly what we need there. We would just need to have a physical right back to compensate, and Dani Alves is not the answer. I also like Adriano and his versatility a lot, if only he could stay healthy.

fcbdna

Banned
He played right midfielder in that geam. Stop repeating this like a latern because he is not going to be right back,even if you said that 100 time. When will you realize that he is playing most of the game like e right winger and now he is playing like a striker?

Incoherent rant devoid of fact or reason!

Zincubus

Banned
I agree with most of this except your analysis of left back. I love Alba, I think his workrate is phenomenal and he's exactly what we need there. We would just need to have a physical right back to compensate, and Dani Alves is not the answer. I also like Adriano and his versatility a lot, if only he could stay healthy.

I agree totally plus I'd add Cesc to the ones named .

Two keepers
Two top CBs
One midfielder
One TOP QUALITY striker ( better than Alexis / Pedro / Tello etc

NeyMesSis

I also love Alba. in this season under tata he is world class! very solid defensively and a beast in the offense

PaulTaylor

I think we need one Top CB (2 if we don't promote a B-team CB) Sell Alves and get a New RB (Maybe someone like Marquinos who is tall and could play Cb as well) GK (obviously) Not necessarily a CM depends on the new managers. Sell Sanchez and sign a new Winger (preferably Reus)

ceefoo

Out:

Valdes, Puyol (free)
Oier (1M)
JDS (3M)
Cuenca (3M)
Bojan (3M)
Afellay (3M)
Sergi Roberto (8M)
Adriano (12M)
Song (12M)
Tello (12M)
Alexis (35+M)
I agree that we should sell all EXCEPT Sergi Roberto & Adriano. Roberto is a more than adequate squad player and Adriano's has versatility and is also an important squad player/rotation player.
I'd be sad to see Tello leave but he's not getting a look in here and we can cash in with Liverpool rumoured to be interested. We can include a buy-back option for Tello if necessary.
Alexis also, with interest from Juventus. We can get a big offer for him.

Dani Alves HAS to go this summer also. He has no future at Barca.

IN

Diego Costa (45M)
We're not going to spend 45m on a Striker to warm the bench. That's insane, he's not even the type of Striker we need anyway. He's a good player but at 45m, overrated.

Rafinha and Deulofeu back from loan.
Yes, but Deulo back only with the caveat of Alexis being sold.

CatalinR10

These fuckers in charge of the club should better spend heavy in this summer and get quality players .If we get 1-2 players and won't be allowed to buy anything in the next transfer periods , I'm going to lose my mind.

kozza

If we plan to sign a 9, Kiessling would be a good option isn't it ? I don't watch him often but I like him every time I do.

Egert

Estonian Culé
I think we need one Top CB (2 if we don't promote a B-team CB) Sell Alves and get a New RB (Maybe someone like Marquinos who is tall and could play Cb as well) GK (obviously) Not necessarily a CM depends on the new managers. Sell Sanchez and sign a new Winger (preferably Reus)

+1

i_bleed_blaugrana

Not sure what we are going to do at the back. I want Hummels or Benatia, but we all know its going to be Luiz. He could succeed here but he its going to be a while till he finds out what we need him to do positional-wise. I don't have a problem with him bombing forward but he has to be alert in his positioning and his markers when he is off the ball. He shows lapses in that sense at Chelsea and it is worrying yet his quality on the ball and his athleticism can perhaps overcome that. Particularly since we play in a manner that suits his style of play.

We need another German with MaTS which is perhaps why we have been linked to Hummels, Reus and even lolololol Ozil. Out of those names, I'd want Hummels the most. We should heavily pursue him before we move for Luiz and honestly we don't need to rush that deal. Mou won't give UTD a weapon they can use against him in the PL and I doubt Bayern are seriously interested. Rather us try and make moves on Hummels, Benatia and Mangala before we rush after Luiz.

I honestly don't think we need much more depth outside of addressing the defense and maybe a replacement for Song. It won't be Kroos, or Vidal or Gundogan. I think Luiz Gustavo would be very sensible. Could use him as a defensive RB as well. Plus he speaks German which will be a bonus for MaTS.

I don't fancy Cuadrado; doesn't offer anything Deulofeu or Rafinha couldn't and he isn't an upgrade on either Alexis or Alves for that matter.

Again, rather us make pushes for a world-class striker. Madrid have BBC and I think with another third threat up top, especially one of say Aguero's quality (just throwing names out there :pep:), it would make us a lot more dynamic and unpredictable in attack. Mix in subs from Pedro and Deulofeu (if he doesn't stay at Everton) and our attack would be set.

That totalbarca article pointed out a lot of good points: lets use this transfer ban as a way to reinvest and go back to our old philosophies that brought us gems. Gotta trust in your youth, even Mou plays Demba Ba over Torres and Eto'o...

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Not sure what we are going to do at the back. I want Hummels or Benatia, but we all know its going to be Luiz. He could succeed here but he its going to be a while till he finds out what we need him to do positional-wise. I don't have a problem with him bombing forward but he has to be alert in his positioning and his markers when he is off the ball. He shows lapses in that sense at Chelsea and it is worrying yet his quality on the ball and his athleticism can perhaps overcome that. Particularly since we play in a manner that suits his style of play.

We need another German with MaTS which is perhaps why we have been linked to Hummels, Reus and even lolololol Ozil. Out of those names, I'd want Hummels the most. We should heavily pursue him before we move for Luiz and honestly we don't need to rush that deal. Mou won't give UTD a weapon they can use against him in the PL and I doubt Bayern are seriously interested. Rather us try and make moves on Hummels, Benatia and Mangala before we rush after Luiz.

I honestly don't think we need much more depth outside of addressing the defense and maybe a replacement for Song. It won't be Kroos, or Vidal or Gundogan. I think Luiz Gustavo would be very sensible. Could use him as a defensive RB as well. Plus he speaks German which will be a bonus for MaTS.

I don't fancy Cuadrado; doesn't offer anything Deulofeu or Rafinha couldn't and he isn't an upgrade on either Alexis or Alves for that matter.

Again, rather us make pushes for a world-class striker. Madrid have BBC and I think with another third threat up top, especially one of say Aguero's quality (just throwing names out there :pep:), it would make us a lot more dynamic and unpredictable in attack. Mix in subs from Pedro and Deulofeu (if he doesn't stay at Everton) and our attack would be set.

That totalbarca article pointed out a lot of good points: lets use this transfer ban as a way to reinvest and go back to our old philosophies that brought us gems. Gotta trust in your youth, even Mou plays Demba Ba over Torres and Eto'o...

I agree with everything except I think not investing in a CM is going to be a huge and potentially crippling mistake for this team.

The team needs to take into account the likely possibility that the ban will be held and they won't be able to sign for the next 2 transfer windows. Therefore they must operate with 2 years in mind. With that thought in mind, you're placing an extremely pivotal position for this team in the hands of a then 35-36 year old Xavi, who as it is right now is but a shadow of his former self; on a Fabregas who has given you no assurances or evidence that he can effectively play the position for a whole season, not to mention his form dips in second halfs of seasons being major concerns; and on a 21 year old Rafinha who is not a natural CM and who you do not know if he is or will be capable of playing the position.

It is too much of a gamble in my mind. The team need to secure depth for this position and not leave it exposed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans