Not open for further replies.

hardyboy

-----------------Ter Stegan---------------

--Di Sciglio-----Laporte----Pique-----Alba--

------------------Javi Martinez---------------

---------Busquets-----------------Iniesta---------

-------Deulofeu---------Messi------------Neymar--------

FIXED

So, our only CB would be a 19 years old kid? That's comforting...

Well, knowing :zubi:, it could be a lot worse. Like our only CB signing being Luiz.

-----------------Ter Stegan---------------

--Di Sciglio-----Laporte----Pique-----Alba--

------------------Javi Martinez---------------

---------Busquets-----------------Iniesta---------

-------Deulofeu---------Messi------------Neymar--------

FIXED

Didn't Tata try Busquets in Xavi's role against Sociedad? Didn't work. Though perhaps it could with a way better DM behind him than Song...

Last edited:

hardyboy

Well, knowing :zubi:, it could be a lot worse. Like our only CB signing being Luiz.

Didn't Tata try Busquets in Xavi's role against Sociedad? Didn't work. Though perhaps it could with a way better DM behind him than Song...
If we play him there regularly i'm very sure it will work. He is the only player i can think of who can became Xavi's successor (Thiago being an unrealistic option). Javi Martinez and Busi will boss the midfield just the way Schweini and Javi Martinez used to..

Last edited:

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
So, our only CB would be a 19 years old kid? That's comforting...

No, apart from one big signing(CB), we might get someone who won't be that expensive. If you are expecting two big signings under 'CB' category, you might as well give a thought about Zubi's misadventures with Barca.

Lomar1o

it's so wrong to judge based on that game alone and i know that you're not doing it but i'll add that the whole TEAM was shit, especially song and pique who let every player in front of him cross which converted in goals. i still think that busi can fill in xavi's position, not to be a xavi, but be himself only as a CM. we don't need to have a xavi. we need a proper DM, and a proper back line to see if that tactic will really work or not. if busi can't be a CM because he played bad against sociedad, then pique can't be a cb because he was a total crap against sociedad. we need to see more to judge

Alarcón

Look, the number nine isn't the answer to attacking problems. This tall strong thing is bullshit. We aren't a team that lumps crosses into the box (I know Tata has tried it but it's clear it doesn't suit us).

When facing a parked bus he nine is generally useless anyway, like when we had Ibra or Mandzukic against Madrid recently.

Exactly. So many wild theories about how Barça should play against parked buses have been disproved already. We don't need a #9, we don't need stronger players, we need players who suit our style of play or we abandon it and sell half of our players.

ebc_99

I think our attack is fine, if we didn't concede so many stupid goals then we would be champions of Spain already and preparing for the European final. I think one of the reasons teams are so defensive against us is because they know they don't need much of the ball to score, with a much stronger defence these teams would have to take more risks to create chances which would in theory give us more space up the pitch. I think that is the main difference between us now and our peak 3 years ago.

LMessi85

people don't seem to understand that. a typical 9, whether he is tall, strong or all powerful, is still isolated against a bus and doesn't contribute. mandzukic, ibra, cavani, can't do SHIT against a bus, and they have never done so. i DO want a forward like that, but only if he's willing to be on the bench most of the times, and come on as a sub against a non-bus team we're having trouble scoring against. BUT to have a 9 as our starter would be a total ruin, especially against buses.

So much BS in one post. Ofcourse a tall strong striker is what you need when playing against parked buses (he can be plan B). Such a player can break the bus. Nowadays we cross to our small players. Doesn't make sense. Our new CB's must be tall and strong aswell. As i said before.. our weak spot is length. We are so small.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I agree we need someone taller at the back but the striker thing is garbage. We don't play crosses anyway. We just need the midfield to play better and be patient, waiting for openings, then actually be clinical when we get a chance (against a bus you only get two or three).

LMessi85

I agree we need someone taller at the back but the striker thing is garbage. We don't play crosses anyway. We just need the midfield to play better and be patient, waiting for openings, then actually be clinical when we get a chance (against a bus you only get two or three).

We don't play crosses? have you not seen Barca the last years? I agree on your last sentence.

Galning

So much BS in one post. Ofcourse a tall strong striker is what you need when playing against parked buses (he can be plan B). Such a player can break the bus. Nowadays we cross to our small players. Doesn't make sense. Our new CB's must be tall and strong aswell. As i said before.. our weak spot is length. We are so small.

Have you seen Atlético-Chelsea? Yeah they have power, a tall strong striker, etc... didn't help them at all. Such a myth.

ebc_99

I think we are the best team at breaking the bus, a tall striker doesn't really help and top defenders will deal with crosses all day long. It is quick sharp passing that kills them and that is what we have. If we do not concede stupid goals then we will only need to score once. The goals we conceded against Atletico were bad goals to concede, with a better goalkeeper and defence then we don't concede those chances. Same against Chelsea and Inter over the last few years, we scored enough goals to win both those ties against parked buses but our defence let us down

LMessi85

Have you seen Atlético-Chelsea? Yeah they have power, a tall strong striker, etc... didn't help them at all. Such a myth.

Diego Costa is a tall strong striker. Always dangerous. Yeah i've seen it.

I think we are the best team at breaking the bus, a tall striker doesn't really help and top defenders will deal with crosses all day long. It is quick sharp passing that kills them and that is what we have. If we do not concede stupid goals then we will only need to score once. The goals we conceded against Atletico were bad goals to concede, with a better goalkeeper and defence then we don't concede those chances. Same against Chelsea and Inter over the last few years, we scored enough goals to win both those ties against parked buses but our defence let us down

I'm not sure about this. We have seen a lot of buses the last years but have not always been succesfull. Especially not against the "top" teams. We struggle a lot, but then again, it's mostly because of our inconsistent and nervous defence.

I mean in these cases we need length to be more dangerous in standard situations like corners and such. Like Bartra scored the cornergoal lately. So a tall striker, and maybe as plan B, would be a good addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans