Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Co0ter

I've been waiting to see what the market is like and to watch/research more players...

Here is what I came up with:

Barta----Benatia----Pique----Alba

Busquets/Mascherano

Iniesta----Reus/Cesc

Messi------Suarez/Reus-------Neymar

Sanchez and Song sold to bring in $ for transfers.

First off, I want to explain that although I listed Reus and Saurez I don't intend on getting both...it is one or the other. Either way, I believe Messi on the RW is the best for the club, he is just as effective on the RW. Saurez would play in the middle, and I believe Reus could as well- he has the height, strength and technical ability to play there. Reus can also play LM for us with Iniesta more in the Xavi role and Sergi/Masch behind them as always. Reus would bring SPEED and strength to the midfield as well...which we direly need. Suarez is just Suarez, a beast in every aspect. Put him in the middle and let him do what he does.

That brings up my next point- with Song out, I'd want to bring in a jack of all trades type player. A decently tall, strong and fast player. Similar to Keita but hopefully an even higher class. I can't decide on who this is so I'm interested to see who you suggest!

Bringing in a defensive RB with some skill and speed (Bartra imo could thrive if given confidence and training, and he's FREE) to play on Messi's side would make up for Messi's lack of defensive contribution and would allow Alba to attack almost freely through the left like Alves used to do. Bartra loves the club and he has the confidence, potential and thrive to improve and make it here.

Benatia is everything we need imo. Charismatic, a leader, 6'2, strong, a beast in the air and decent speed as well. His positioning is pretty good, good tackler and best of all- he's comfortable with the ball at his feet. He's the most important signing we have to make- it's just too bad he's already 27.

40mil from the sale of Song and Sanchez (realistic scenario is 25-28 for Sanchez, 12-15 Song)- 40mil for Reus. Leaves us 25-30 for spending on Benatia and another 20 for a midfielder. Mats of course...but that is so necessary I wont even mention it. We got a lot of fringe players we could sell to bring in some cash too...instead of keeping them around for no reason, but hey- I don't expect that to change much!

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Messi won't play rw again, even worse in a permanent basis... When he did this season, it was bad enough.

Co0ter

Messi won't play rw again, even worse in a permanent basis... When he did this season, it was bad enough.

He was 21 and destroyed teams from the RW. He's in his prime right now and he is just as capable of being as good or better at the RW as he used to be.

Messi has been getting multi-marked out of games for well over a season. It's too easy to mark him out of games in the middle and he doesn't offer height or aerial ability like someone else could. Neymar is deadly and demands coverage on the left but no one does that on the right. Even if we brought a more deadly RW in...would that make space for Messi again? Would it change things that much?...I'm not too sure.

I think it's the best for the club- I think a coach with balls would do the same thing.

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
Jorge Messi: Suggestions related to the demands of Aguero transfer or renewal of Pinto are nothing more than lies of the press.

F

Flavia

He was 21 and destroyed teams from the RW. He's in his prime right now and he is just as capable of being as good or better at the RW as he used to be.

Messi has been getting multi-marked out of games for well over a season. It's too easy to mark him out of games in the middle and he doesn't offer height or aerial ability like someone else could. Neymar is deadly and demands coverage on the left but no one does that on the right. Even if we brought a more deadly RW in...would that make space for Messi again? Would it change things that much?...I'm not too sure.

I think it's the best for the club- I think a coach with balls would do the same thing.

He was marked out of the game when played at rw this season. He was completely isolated there. Messi needs to be involved in the game as much as possible. He can drift there during games, but rw isn't his better position.

FC B

Still Aguero or some player of his stature need to be brought to strenghten our attack especially while rm is lurking for Suarez....

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Messi playing from the right wing is a monumental waste of his talents. There is no better player playing through the center and him playing in the wing, diminishes his impact on the game. Therefore, playing Messi in the wing impacts the team negatively twofold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans