Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Would love to see Cardozo joining us. Good player and 30 years old.
But that list by sport is just overpowered :D 50M for Özil....

F

Frejsgodes

I think Kompany is too loyal to City. He doesn't want to leave, but if he wants to win a UCL he might come.

No way Kompany joins Barca for that reason. This is a man who actually thinks Manchester City winning the quadruple is a matter of time. Getting him is a pipe dream.

L

Learo

I think Kompany is too loyal to City. He doesn't want to leave, but if he wants to win a UCL he might come.

City will bid for Messi and Iniesta then. Consider the stupidity of our transfer dealings, it wouldnt surprise me if we wasted weeks of bidding for Kompany.

anguy

Messi playing from the right wing is a monumental waste of his talents. There is no better player playing through the center and him playing in the wing, diminishes his impact on the game. Therefore, playing Messi in the wing impacts the team negatively twofold.

Messi is better in center, but it often forces other players to play out of position (or not at all like Zlatan). Villa is the best example. While he had one good season with Barca, he clearly suffered later because of lack of speed. Whole attack might have been better with Villa as 9 and Messi as RW. Of course if Messi gets real wingers, him playing in center won't be an issue. As real wingers I mean someone who is able to beat defenders one on one, is fast and can also score. Neymar was good first step (he must improve though), Barca needs someone similar, just bigger and stronger on RW.

I no longer believe Messi should play on RW, because it looks like to me he's a little slower, than in previous years. Not much, just a little.

aaron101

Why are the people here wants Aguero?! Yeah he's world class but always injured like Van Persie. Do you guys even follow his career and his list of injury? It would be a waste of money to buy an expensive player and play only half a season. He gets injured every month FFS.

ss81bja

I think we need to be more dynamic than just playing Messi as a false 9 most of the time. If god forbid he is injured or like most of this season rendered ineffective then what is the alternative. Messi is fairly dynamic up front and really could play anywhere up front depending on who we get. Aguero may suit Barca but for me we should get someone who could add more "variety". Suarez is the better player but the budget makes this unrealistic. Reus is more realistic and gives us more "variety" but we would still want some that simply puts the ball in the net who has a good work rate .ie a CF that could play wide

icemanbrfc

Messi won't play rw again, even worse in a permanent basis... When he did this season, it was bad enough.

Will say it again, Messi is immense drifting just behind a striker. Leave him alone, let him go where he feels he needs to go, and he becomes even more dangerous. If we can get the others like Neymar and Iniesta to find consistent form again, then the pressure is taken off Messi, and he can do what he does best. This season, Messi has been under too much pressure to carry the team, and his performances were up and down. Not hos fault, and when the fans gets on his back, then its a tougher ask.

Central defence is priority, but an experienced attacking duo of Reus and Aguero wont be bad. Xavi days are coming to and end as a player, and Neymar can slot in there. For me following i would sign:
Ter Tegen
Reus
Luiz
Aguero
Cuadrado
Javi Martinez
Leighton Baines

Ter Stegan

Martinez/Cuadrado Luiz Pique Alba/Baines

Busquets/Martinez

Neymar/Cuadrado Reus/Cesc Iniesta/Pedro

Messi
Aguero/Reus/Neymar

For me that is a very flexible team, with Martinez and Luiz able to fill in at Center Back, if Pique is injured or suspended. Reus can play any where in the front line, so can Messi and Neymar.

On the bench there will be Cesc, Rafinha, Pedro, GK, Cuadrado, and whoever doesnt start.

2 central defenders, a right back, and 2 versatile attackers plus Ter Stegan and i think we are good to go.

Zincubus

Banned
Will say it again, Messi is immense drifting just behind a striker. Leave him alone, let him go where he feels he needs to go, and he becomes even more dangerous. If we can get the others like Neymar and Iniesta to find consistent form again, then the pressure is taken off Messi, and he can do what he does best. This season, Messi has been under too much pressure to carry the team, and his performances were up and down. Not hos fault, and when the fans gets on his back, then its a tougher ask.

Central defence is priority, but an experienced attacking duo of Reus and Aguero wont be bad. Xavi days are coming to and end as a player, and Neymar can slot in there. For me following i would sign:
Ter Tegen
Reus
Luiz
Aguero
Cuadrado
Javi Martinez
Leighton Baines

Ter Stegan

Martinez/Cuadrado Luiz Pique Alba/Baines

Busquets/Martinez

Neymar/Cuadrado Reus/Cesc Iniesta/Pedro

Messi
Aguero/Reus/Neymar

For me that is a very flexible team, with Martinez and Luiz able to fill in at Center Back, if Pique is injured or suspended. Reus can play any where in the front line, so can Messi and Neymar.

On the bench there will be Cesc, Rafinha, Pedro, GK, Cuadrado, and whoever doesnt start.

2 central defenders, a right back, and 2 versatile attackers plus Ter Stegan and i think we are good to go.

Midfield ??

We've lost Thiago , maybe losing Cesc and Xavi is a pale shadow of his former self .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans