Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cule4life

The Culest
Those "shiny names" are better players, we have the money and prestige to attract them, no reason not to target them. Sure, spending an entire summer on T. Silva and not considering other options was silly, but in general we should get those star players; players for depth can be easily found in our academy.

Where does the question of prestige come in here? News FLASH- Mou and Abramovich don't care about our prestige. Even if Courtois wants to come they won't let him.the only way we are getting Courtois is by paying his release clause

oz187

Courtois maybe good but he isn't worth having a Reina-pinto partnership for a couple years waiting for him to arrive. Ter stegen is quite good and has a high ceiling. I underestimated rosell. He is even more dumb than I thought he was

These things aren't mutually exclusive. They can get Ter Stegen this summer and then Courtois in a year or two.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Where does the question of prestige come in here? News FLASH- Mou and Abramovich don't care about our prestige. Even if Courtois wants to come they won't let him.the only way we are getting Courtois is by paying his release clause

If Courtois doesn't want to renew his contract, how will they stop him from leaving?

oz187

:lol:
While we are at it why don't we get Lewandowski this summer and Jackson Martinez in a year or two

If you want to get rid of two out of Pedro/Alexis/Tello then that would be viable. We will be in need of two goalkeepers. Even if Ter Stegen does well, that doesn't mean they can't go for Courtois as well if they think he is even better. The groundwork of a deal is often laid a year or more before it actually takes place(Cesc, Cristiano, Neymar etc)

Cule4life

The Culest
If you want to get rid of two out of Pedro/Alexis/Tello then that would be viable. We will be in need of two goalkeepers. Even if Ter Stegen does well, that doesn't mean they can't go for Courtois as well if they think he is even better. The groundwork of a deal is often laid a year or more before it actually takes place(Cesc, Cristiano, Neymar etc)

:lol:
This isn't FIFA mate. Ter.Stegen and Courtois can't be in the same team.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Mou didn't even let Demba Ba go to Arsenal so how can anyone think he would give us Courtois is beyond me

Arsenal is a PL rival, while he'll encounter Barcelona two or three times at most in the entire season. Not to mention that Ba is actually someone the club needs and who has a genuine chance of being their best player in that position (in Mou's mind, we all know Torres is better), while Courtois will only be able to start in six or seven years, when Cech finally declines.

Cule4life

The Culest
Arsenal is a PL rival, while he'll encounter Barcelona two or three times at most in the entire season. Not to mention that Ba is actually someone the club needs and who has a genuine chance of being their best player in that position (in Mou's mind, we all know Torres is better), while Courtois will only be able to start in six or seven years, when Cech finally declines.

Mate believe me nobody would like for me to be more wrong than myself. But I can't see mou relenting. I wouldn't be surprised if Zubi makes up his mind on Courtois or nobody else and we miss out on Ter Stegen. I hate seeing my club not fulfilling is potential due to such an idiotic management.

Cule4life

The Culest
What, do you mean like Valdes and Pinto? Or Casillas and Lopez? Or Cech and Cudicini?

Ter Stegen and Pinto are both young brilliant goalkeepers and both want to be no 1 for their team and you cant rotate goalkeepers. Ter Stegen will leave if we go for Courtois after getting him. And all the effort of blooding in Ter Stegen will be useless

Valdes and Pinto- News Flash Pinto is 37 years old and accepts that he will play in only a few matches. Try convincing Ter Stegen to do that
Lopez and Casillas- This is your example of a stable situation? :lol: There are already talks of Casillas leaving in January. Try convincng Courtois to play in the league and Ter Stegen to play in the CL?

Cech and Cudicini- Really Cudicini is your example of a world class GK? How much does he play? Why hasnt anyone bid for him then if hes so good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans