Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trickykid

Post some names, maybe I missed someone. Tell me who's better than Luiz and also has the maturity to play right away in our team. But, please, no teens like Laporte.

Off the top of my head: Subotic, Ramos, Thiago Silva (well, duh), Cahill, Kompany, Chiellini, Koscielny.

I'm not necessarily saying we should sign any of these - most would be un-signable -but I'd rate them all as better CBs than Luiz.

serghei

Off the top of my head: Subotic, Ramos, Thiago Silva (well, duh), Cahill, Kompany, Chiellini, Koscielny.

I'm not necessarily saying we should sign any of these - most would be un-signable -but I'd rate them all as better CBs than Luiz.

You seriously underrate Luiz then. Out of that list, only Silva is clearly better. Sergio Ramos is a nutcase, just as Luiz is sometimes, and Kompany is one of the most overrated players out there.

Cahill at Barcelona? Worst fit ever.

Trickykid

You seriously underrate Luiz then. Out of that list, only Silva is clearly better. Sergio Ramos is a nutcase, just as Luiz, and Kompany is one of the most overrated players out there.

I agree that Kompany is overrated, as he's not the best thing since sliced bread, as many would claim, but he's still better than Luiz in my book. And yeah, perhaps I do underrate Luiz, but whenever I watch him lately, he looks like a complete and utter oaf.

Edit: Why would Cahill be such a bad fit? Because he's less technical than our usual CB? Puyol, who most would rate as one of our finest players ever, isn't exactly known for his brilliant ball control. I could easily see a more traditional, less technical CB play alongside Pique.

KhaledBarca

You know, I really wouldn't mind if we went in for Inigo Martinez. Unlike Luiz, he's young and less of a big name. That means that Bartra won't automatically get dropped in favor of the more established player, in spite of his recent performances. And if Martinez can get back to the levels that saw him get linked to us before last summer, I think it could be a win win. That said, this is only if we don't get Luiz.

Inigo is very expensive. His buyout clause is 30m. Real Sociedad won't sell him unless we pay the buyoutclase. Same thing happened with Illarra to RM (they paid 38M to avoid taxes)!!

One more thing, Bartra >>> Inigo. We need an experienced CB, I'd give a chance to Edgar or even Gomez instead of paying 30+M for Inigo!

Last edited:
L

linetty

Barcelona closely followed Roma's Medhi Benatia this season. One of main centre back options, Luis Enrique agreed with possible signing [md]

Oh, damn!

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Barcelona closely followed Roma's Medhi Benatia this season. One of main centre back options, Luis Enrique agreed with possible signing [md]

Oh, damn!

If Lucho signs him and stops Luiz then, for me Lucho is a LEGEND

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Man City want to sign him. Make a move now or see another target go to another oil club and see us regret it later. Just like with Thiago Silva.

Egert

Estonian Culé
If we don't get Luiz, Bayern will get him.
If we don't get Benatia, City will get him.
If we don't get Mangala, PSG or City will get him.

Hope we get Benatia and Laporte. Don't want Mangala, but wouldn't be that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans