Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilberto

Besides Roma's Mehdi Benatia, Basel defender Fabian Schar (22) is also among Barcelona's main centre back options for next season. [md]
Is schar any good i don't follow basel ?

He's good but not good good. He isn't of the level we should aspire.

khaled_a_d

Besides Roma's Mehdi Benatia, Basel defender Fabian Schar (22) is also among Barcelona's main centre back options for next season. [md]

If we are going to sign 2CBs he is good enough to be one of them

Trickykid

That's my fear , he goes to Bayern ......if Pep rates him surely he's good enough for us ??

Does Caceres and Chygrinskiy ring a bell? Besides, all this is still pure speculation. We have no idea if Pep actually wants him or it's just the usual 99% media fabricated drivel.

F

Frejsgodes

Pass. Schar isn't Barca quality.

Kohe321

I don't understand why we're not hearing anymore rumors about Hummels. He has a similar profile as Benatia, doesn't he? But yet somehow "doesn't fit the profile" we're looking for. How would Benatia paired with Pique work better than with Hummels? If anything, Hummels fits the profile we need better, because from what I've seen he's more technical and can be awesome at starting play from the back, as well as making good and calm decisions under pressure. The fact that he has been proven at a really high level both in the Bundes Liga and in the Champions League, and also have gained quite a lot experience against our main rival Real Madrid should be reason enough for us to go for him. Add to this the fact that we're getting a goalkeeper from Germany, and it only makes more sense...

I think that he would be a perfect fit for Barca.

Last edited:

Chong Li

I live in Basel and watch most of the matches. Schär is a great CB prospect

Pro: technically sound, quick, good in the air. Likes to go forward a lot, good finishing for a defender

Contra: Inexperienced (he's only been a pro for 2 seasons), sometimes lacks concentration, injured most of 2014 (came back from a knee injury 2 weeks ago)

I doubt he's good enough for Barca right now, maybe in a few years...

Last edited:

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
BnsY_Z2IAAA1e38.jpg:large

Sign Benatia and prove your worth Zubi. :D

Zincubus

Banned
Does Caceres and Chygrinskiy ring a bell? Besides, all this is still pure speculation. We have no idea if Pep actually wants him or it's just the usual 99% media fabricated drivel.

What on earth happened to Chygrinsky ???

Did he just disappear or did he regain his form elsewhere ?

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I saw Schar in the Basel UCL ties, mainly the games played against Chelsea. He's not a bad option as the second CB target for this summer. He's specially intriguing as a RB/CB hybrid because of his speed and ball skills. He is quick, has solid defending fundamentals and has great offensive projection for a defender.

However only as a second CB option. Barcelona need a much more established, mature and experienced option for their main CB target. Though if they can secure someone like Benatia or Hummels, getting Schar for 10-15M as second option and experiment with him at RB and CB depth might be an intriguing prospect.

Cule4life

The Culest
Great line from ESPN

It also cuts to the paradox Barca must solve, given the centrality of the philosophy to this group’s success. The exact style makes it very difficult to sign the right sort of players, but that failure to sign in turn affects the intensity of the style

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans