Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBZ8800

Except other top clubs sell their "dead wood" for good prices. We are Barcelona. Just because a player isnt good enough for us, doesnt mean the player is bad. Madrid managed to get 12m for a medicre CB. Robinho, the massive flop, fetched 40m. They usually sell even their flops for profits. They even sold Sergio Canales for a profit. We release them on a free transfer.

Not always.

Kaka was bought for 68,5 Million Euros.

L

Learo

Not always.

Kaka was bought for 68,5 Million Euros.

They dont always sell their players for profit, but most of the time they get great prices for their players.

And when they did buy Kaka, we decided to beat them, and bought Ibra for 70m. Madrid have sold players for several hundred million euros in the last few years. People say that it is because we are not a selling club, but when we look at what top clubs get for their players, compared to us, it makes people wonder if Barca sales involve corruption.

anguy

I highly doubt it. It is simply because of demand... Madrid has lot of players who are internationals sitting on their bench, plus their often sell players when they are still young and more valuable.

L

Learo

I highly doubt it. It is simply because of demand... Madrid has lot of players who are internationals sitting on their bench, plus their often sell players when they are still young and more valuable.

But when we factor in that we not only sell players for half of what other clubs manage, but that we also massively overpay for every player we buy, it makes people wonder. For example, I could easily see us trying to buy Llorente for 20m and selling Alexis for the same price, so a straight swap. David Luiz, who might be unwanted by Mourinho could be bought by us for 45m. I could easily see it happen.

We dont get good prices for young players either. Alexis is 25, he is in his prime years, one of the top scorers in la liga. And for example Song, he will most likely be sold for 7-8m. About the same price as an average bench player on West Bromwich.

BBZ8800

True.

For Fabregas we would earn a nice amount from English sides who still love him.

For Masch we can't get too much.
Afellay, Cuenca, Sergi Roberto, we can get peanuts for them (I know that some fans think that we can get 10M for Roberto). More likely 3M for him.

L

Learo

True.

For Fabregas we would earn a nice amount from English sides who still love him.

For Masch we can't get too much.
Afellay, Cuenca, Sergi Roberto, we can get peanuts for them (I know that some fans think that we can get 10M for Roberto). More likely 3M for him.

We wont get any money for Afellay, Cuenca, Roberto, Bojan, JDS. That is almost certain. Masch maybe 6-7m euros. Cesc I expect to get us 25m, maybe 30m if we are lucky. Is he worth the same as the 25m we bought Chygrynskiy for? No, but we have always been horrible on the market.

But if we buy, I can easily see us buy players close to 30 that will cost us 30-40m. There is no sanity in our transfer prices. That is why I think there might be corruption involved.

BBZ8800

They sold Higuain for 40m.

Alexis, 3 Seasons:
2012: 20 matches, 11 Goals
2013: 18 matches, 8 Goals
2014: 27 matches, 19 Goals
= 65 matches, 38 Goals

Higuain:
2007: 13 matches, 2 Goals
2008: 7 matches, 8 Goals
2009: 31 matches, 22 Goals
2010: 28 matches, 27 Goals
2011: 16 matches, 10 Goals
2012: 18 matches, 22 Goals
2013: 19 matches, 16 Goals
= 132 matches, 107 Goals

Alexis had 2 average and 1 good Season in Barca.
Higuain had at least 4 good Seasons in Real.

The current Season by Alexis may be a lucky one. He can easily return to lower numbers from previous Seasons.
Higuain had more good Seasons and more or less proved that he is a more consistent goalscorer.

sabby

They dont always sell their players for profit, but most of the time they get great prices for their players.

And when they did buy Kaka, we decided to beat them, and bought Ibra for 70m. Madrid have sold players for several hundred million euros in the last few years. People say that it is because we are not a selling club, but when we look at what top clubs get for their players, compared to us, it makes people wonder if Barca sales involve corruption.

You may be onto something !

BBZ8800

We wont get any money for Afellay, Cuenca, Roberto, Bojan, JDS. That is almost certain. Masch maybe 6-7m euros. Cesc I expect to get us 25m, maybe 30m if we are lucky. Is he worth the same as the 25m we bought Chygrynskiy for? No, but we have always been horrible on the market.

But if we buy, I can easily see us buy players close to 30 that will cost us 30-40m. There is no sanity in our transfer prices. That is why I think there might be corruption involved.

Smaller teams live from player's sales as their main source of income.

We buy expensive players and fight for trophies.
We probably earn from tickets, Tv money, commercials, Champions league money, shirts sales etc.

So, selling Alexis for 25M probably won't lead us into a bankruptcy.
Of course, it would be better to earn more, but again, player's sales isn't our main source of income.
It is only a slight part of our income.

L

Learo

Alexis, 3 Seasons:
2012: 20 matches, 11 Goals
2013: 18 matches, 8 Goals
2014: 27 matches, 19 Goals
= 65 matches, 38 Goals

Higuain:
2007: 13 matches, 2 Goals
2008: 7 matches, 8 Goals
2009: 31 matches, 22 Goals
2010: 28 matches, 27 Goals
2011: 16 matches, 10 Goals
2012: 18 matches, 22 Goals
2013: 19 matches, 16 Goals
= 132 matches, 107 Goals

Alexis had 2 average and 1 good Season in Barca.
Higuain had at least 4 good Seasons in Real.

The current Season by Alexis may be a lucky one. He can easily return to lower numbers from previous Seasons.
Higuain had more good Seasons and more or less proved that he is a more consistent goalscorer.

Higuain is a striker, while Alexis has been played out of position on the RW for 3 years. Alexis has a great reputation in Italy. Its not like Alexis was a deadbeat when we bought him for 36m. Oh, and they bought Higuain for 12m euros. And its not only Higuain. They sold Robinho for 40m. They managed to get 42m for Ozil. They sold so many players for good prices. How much did they get for Lass Diarra? They got 12m for Raul Albiol!

L

Learo

Smaller teams live from player's sales as their main source of income.

We buy expensive players and fight for trophies.
We probably earn from tickets, Tv money, commercials, Champions league money, shirts sales etc.

So, selling Alexis for 25M probably won't lead us into a bankruptcy.
Of course, it would be better to earn more, but again, player's sales isn't our main source of income.
It is only a slight part of our income.

I am not comparing us to smaller teams. I am comparing us with the big clubs. We have been doing charity on the transfer market for countless years unlike other big clubs who get huge amounts of money for their players, and the reason we are where we are is because of our youth system, and not because we are shrewd on the transfer market.

Last edited:

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Financially speaking, Alexis to Juve for 20€M + Llorente is market price. Llorente is worth 10-15€M at least, so the team is getting 30-35€M value for Alexis, which is his real value, none of this 40€M nonsense.

However, I just don't like Llorente for this team. He simply is not mobile enough. I don't think this is an ideal transfer.

L

Learo

Financially speaking, Alexis to Juve for 20€M + Llorente is market price. Llorente is worth 10-15€M at least, so the team is getting 30-35€M value for Alexis, which is his real value, none of this 40€M nonsense.

However, I just don't like Llorente for this team. He simply is not mobile enough. I don't think this is an ideal transfer.

We aint getting 35m for Alexis. Its either a straight swap between Llorente and Alexis or 20m for Alexis. There is no way Barca will turn a profit on Alexis. Not a single player has increased in value since we bought him since 2007 when we bought Yaya Toure. Alexis will go for about 50% of what we paid IMO.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We aint getting 35m for Alexis. Its either a straight swap between Llorente and Alexis or 20m for Alexis. There is no way Barca will turn a profit on Alexis. Not a single player has increased in value since we bought him since 2007 when we bought Yaya Toure. Alexis will go for about 50% of what we paid IMO.

Dude, DUDE.... It's rumoured to be 20m + Llorente as Sumlit said. Not a straight swap or 20m alone for Alexis...

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo

The suggested deal flying around is Alexis to Juve for Llorente + 20€M, so I am commenting on that alone. That is fair market value for Alexis, even if I personally don't like the deal one bit.

A straight swap or selling him for 20€M would just make the deal even worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans