Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Exactly!!

He is also NOT a good defender from what I've seen. It would be much better to put our trust in Montoya who is even younger and from La Masia.

Btw, I just realised that I have passed 1000 posts now :D

What if, hypothetically speaking, Zuniga would be brought to be Montoya's backup? And Alves gets sold to PSG.

Cule4life

The Culest
Who in their right mind thinks Zuniga will be better than Montoya? Yes replace a FB who cant defend with a FB who cant defend and we will be cursed with a bad defense for many more years

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
That's why I said Zuniga could be backup for Montoya. But I'd prefer we used Adriano and Ie for rb backup.

Pastore

Zuniga plays this season mostly on the left Defender Position. And last season he played all games on the left midfield postion. So why should we sign him for the right Defender Position? This is not his best Position. 15 mio for him would be to much. I would rather sign a good defending RB instead a new offensiv RB.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Looks like its ON!
Ter Stegen (Monchengladbach): "Deal with Barcelona? I will now first talk with Borussia. My agent and I want to do this step by step." [sky]

Antimadridista1

Looks like its ON!
Ter Stegen (Monchengladbach): "Deal with Barcelona? I will now first talk with Borussia. My agent and I want to do this step by step." [sky]

Ter Stegen: "Could I join Barça? Don't know, speculation is the task of the press. Has there been contact? No one knows... (smiles)" [sky]

Indignado

He'll join Barça, it's been obvious ever since Domínguez said ter Stegen was learning Spanish. Now that serious media like Cadena Ser picked it up and ter Stegen avoided the questions it seems like an almost done deal, a lot has to happen for him not to be here next season.

NeyMesSis

When i read this interview in german, it sounded kinda different. But I think too that he'll join us.

Him + Reina as a second goal keeper would be great I think.

NeyMesSis

Vom Bruch (agent Ter Stegen): "Barça? There's no deal, that's nonsense. They're interested for a long time, but nothing has changed." [bild]

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I put this in "Tata wants tall striker" thread as well, but MD running a story about going after Milito.

Article

Did Tata or someone on our board specify that this tall central striker has to be over 30 years old? :lol: What's up with us being linked to older players that are decling? These players are all past their prime already. Do we just want them to play for one or two seasons and get someone new?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Did Tata or someone on our board specify that this tall central striker has to be over 30 years old? :lol: What's up with us being linked to older players that are decling? These players are all past their prime already. Do we just want them to play for one or two seasons and get someone new?

I guess its since it would be easier for them to accept a limited role. I doubt any young or mid 20 player would agree to sit on the bench and come in whenever needed and not have guaranteed playing time.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I guess its since it would be easier for them to accept a limited role. I doubt any young or mid 20 player would agree to sit on the bench and come in whenever needed and not have guaranteed playing time.

Good point. However, what would the purpose of getting an older, declining CF who will mostly be sitting on the bench be anyway? From a cost-effective perspective, the cost is going to be low for sure, but effectiveness? What's the point? We will still try our usual way of tiki-taka to find ways to the goal, if that doesn't work, we will sub on this tall, old and experienced CF to try to score some headers for us? Finally Alves' crosses will not be completely without purpose? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans