Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Fak. Things are either going pretty damn well or pretty damn poorly on the Benatia front for them to veer off and focus on someone else.

This transfer season has everyone (including me) as fickle and excited as a young child. Just secure the ones we need, keep some necessary players from leaving (Masch and Xavi), and we should be back on track to win trophies.

IMO they have Benatia already locked up, Marquinhos is something that has sprung up now and they are looking to exploit it.

Fak. Things are either going pretty damn well or pretty damn poorly on the Benatia front for them to veer off and focus on someone else.

This transfer season has everyone (including me) as fickle and excited as a young child. Just secure the ones we need, keep some necessary players from leaving (Masch and Xavi), and we should be back on track to win trophies.

Could be that they're working on both signings at the same time and are simply making more progress on the Marquinhos front atm.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
If Marquinhos comes, one thing's for sure. Laporte won't be signed.

My speculation is they were going for Benatia and Laporte all along. This Marquinhos development has opened the possibility to replace the young player signing in Laporte, with a potentially cheaper one in Marquinhos.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around

You would hope they would go after a more experienced defender than the stud Marquinhos if the talks with Benatia were not going well. I'm staying positive and praying for more Benatia related rumors. Does anyone know if his agent travelled to Manchester and Munich as well?

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
What makes you think that? I mean, I'd love it to be true, but with Bayern and City reportedly being in for him too, I'm not certain at all, that he'll end up at the Camp Nou.

I'm not certain either, it's all speculation from me, but IMO they had Benatia as their top target, and they already met with his agents (from multiple reports). Benatia is willing to move and Barcelona is willing to pay. My speculation is the Benatia deal might already be far advanced.

It makes sense that Enrique wants 2 CBs, especially if he's moving Masch back to midfield. Not to mention that his style is intense, so he's gonna want to rotate, meaning he's gonna want a deep squad.

Trickykid

I'm not certain either, it's all speculation from me, but IMO they had Benatia as their top target, and they already met with his agents (from multiple reports). Benatia is willing to move and Barcelona is willing to pay. My speculation is the Benatia deal might already be far advanced.

Well, here's hoping...

mazp

I hope. But never rule out, City's silly wage package...

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
But his agent could've met with City and Bayern as well. Do you know if there are rumors about that?

I

instinct

We should secure the Benatia deal ASAP because there are no other decent CB's around and City and Bayern are top-clubs which could be able to convince him. I'd feel much more comfortable if he already signed a 5-year contract with us.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I think it's all open on the Benatia case. His agent travelled to Barcelona and met with the club. Benatia himself said that there could be a decision very soon. We'll see. It's not certain that we will get him, but its not ruled out yet either. I think we will pay to get him, but whether Mehdi decides that Barcelona is his destiniation is only known to one person and that is Mehdi Benatia himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans