Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Learo

Its interesting how clubs like Madrid and Chelsea are able to sell the players they dont need for massive sums, like Robinho for 50m in today's money, Mata for 40m and Luiz for 50m. Thats 140m for three unwanted players, while we get 2m for Villa, 24m for Ibra and hoping for 20m for Alexis. Thats why I say that there might be massive corruption going on. Something is fishy.

Trickykid

That's because Alexis wasn't good at hiding what he truly plays like. At least Luiz is consistent in fooling people.

WC might increase his price. We have to see how he mainly performs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speaking of the WC. I heard there's this young buck called Frank Lampard, who was called up. You reckon he'll get any minutes? I'm curious, as we could really use him here in our stagnating midfield!

Crixus

Its interesting how clubs like Madrid and Chelsea are able to sell the players they dont need for massive sums, like Robinho for 50m in today's money, Mata for 40m and Luiz for 50m. Thats 140m for three unwanted players, while we get 2m for Villa, 24m for Ibra and hoping for 20m for Alexis. Thats why I say that there might be massive corruption going on. Something is fishy.
illuminati :tata1:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Maybe because every club knows that we sell because we have to sell so they play smart and all offer low.

Not exactly rocket science.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Speaking of the WC. I heard there's this young buck called Frank Lampard, who was called up. You reckon he'll get any minutes? I'm curious, as we could really use him here in our stagnating midfield!

That Lampard prospect is too young to be taken seriously. Has talent, but simply too young.

L

Learo

Maybe because every club knows that we sell because we have to sell so they play smart and all offer low.

Not exactly rocket science.

David Luiz was unwanted and disliked by Mou. It wasnt a secret. 50 freakin million. Robinho was a massive flop for Madrid. They got 50 freaking million for him in todays money. Madrid even got 12m for Raul Albiol, thats more than they paid for Varane, and twice as much as they paid for Marcelo. If we sell Masche, expect us to get far less than what Madrid sold Albiol for.

I dont know any club that comes close to selling their players for the prices we do. And the massive overpriced transfer fees we pay as well, suggest there might be corruption involved. We paid 24m for two players who didnt play a single minute for us and relased them on free transfers. I doubt that has ever happened before. Its shocking.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Thats because Chelsea didnt need to sell Luiz. He would have happily stayed and not said anything. Same with Albiol. Robinho was so overhyped and RM offered him a contract renewal which he didnt accept AFAIK.

K

Kobe Bean Bryant

If we miss out on Benatia we can prepare for another terrible season. Cuadrado is not quality. We should be going for Suarez or Aguero or Reus, no other options. For midfield either Kroos or Ozil would do.

BBZ8800

wtf?? even de bruyne and other avarage guys are 25 millions worth.. I'm sure we dont let alexis go for 20.. he will cost min 35-40 mio..
look at his stats and how he plays for the nationalteam or even for us.. he is not much away from world class and is entering his prime years.. but yeah be always pessimistic

Supply and demand.
We want 40M for him.
Interested teams are willing to pay only 20M.

What can you do?
a) not sell him for 20M, and keep him in your team, but that could be a problem if you are not satisfied with him, or you cannot find a right position in the team for him
b) sell him for 20M and buy some other players for whom you think that they can fit your team better

Look, it would be awesome to sell him for 40M.
But teams are willing to pay only 20M for him, and it seems that we need money for different players and that we are looking for different type of players than Alexis. The same is with Fabregas, Song etc...

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Madrid and Chelsea get good prices for their players because they have no qualms about letting a player they don't want rot on their bench for all eternity. Perfect example, Kaka.

When you're perfectly fine with letting your expensive signing rot on the bench because he's not playing well, and just going out and buying another expensive signing instead, you can afford to wait for people to bring offers to you, not go out to find offers from others.

This is the difference.

With all that Barcelona spends, Chelsea and Madrid spend double that. They can very much afford to let blockbuster players rot if they so see fit.

L

Learo

Thats because Chelsea didnt need to sell Luiz. He would have happily stayed and not said anything. Same with Albiol. Robinho was so overhyped and RM offered him a contract renewal which he didnt accept AFAIK.

So they got 50m for Robinho in todays money and they needed to get rid after his flop year, and he wanted out. Luiz would have happily stayed even though the manager disliked him? Yet, Alexis needs to be sold for 20m or else he will create a mess? I mean, we can come up with excuses for everything, but at the end of the day, no club comes close to the business deals we do. If Albiol had played for us, we would have released him on a free transfer, while Robinho would have went for 20m max and we would have argued it was a great price for an unwanted player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans